Home

player lock question...

This is a discussion on player lock question... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2005, 01:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
player lock question...

i'm playing in the superstar mode, and my guys is a qb, and i was just wondering is there a way where all i do is play as my qb? like i throw the pass, but i don't get to run as the reciever or when i hand off the ball the running back runs on his own? thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2005, 01:45 PM   #2
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: player lock question...

I dunno if this still works, but on run plays just dont touch any button, and the computer should run the play for you, but I dont no about the passing game and not being the reciever.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:18 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by purav19
i'm playing in the superstar mode, and my guys is a qb, and i was just wondering is there a way where all i do is play as my qb? like i throw the pass, but i don't get to run as the reciever or when i hand off the ball the running back runs on his own? thanks
No, there's not.

And as far the the QB throwing the ball by himself if you don't press anything, that's an option in Custom Game this year, Auto-Pass. I'd recommend keeping it off if you use the Vision Cone otherwise you'll have to move your QB around or he'll just throw the ball himself.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Old 08-12-2005, 05:15 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by purav19
Hate to say it but there is not "true" man lock in this game which sucks for me. If im gonna be a WR then I wanna be the WR and run my route and try to get open and if the CPU throws me the ball great, and if not then I will hold a press conference about not getting the "dam" ball enough lol. Seriously though the fact that there is no true man lock kinda puts a damper on superstar mode if youre playing on offense. ESPECIALLY if youre a WR cuz you can just keep throwing yourself the ball. So here are my ideas to kinda fake a true man lock.

If youre playing a QB:
-Let the CPU select the plays. No if ands or buts. If its 2 and 3 and the CPU calls a play action play and youd rather run it, you run what the CPU tells you to run.
- If its a running play just hike the ball and let your CPU hand the ball off for you, it will go to the RB and if you leave the controller alone he will run on his own.
- Id say calling an audible is okay though cuz sometimes the coach picks a play that the defense sniffs out at the line before the snap. Then you can just be Peyton Manning lol.

If youre playing with as a WR:
-well it pretty much sucks for you then because you have two options and they both stink. You can take control of the QB but then that means you can throw the ball to your WR every passing play. Sure some people will say just dont get in the habbit of doing that, but thats lame IMO. The other option is to snap the ball and not controll anything, hope the CPU controlled QB throws the ball to your CPU controlled WR and when he catches it, you take control of him.

If youre playing a TE:
-Same sucky thing for WR's

If youre playing a RB:
-Same as the QB when it comes to play calling. You dont call the plays, let the computer call the plays. If its a pass play they you basically just dont do nothing on that play (unless the QB throws your RB the ball then you can control him). If its a run play then you run whatever run play the CPU calls. Snap the ball and let the QB hand the ball off then you take controll of your RB

If youre playing on defense:
Actually on defense I think its a little more fun. Again you let the CPU call the defensive set. You just take controll of your player before the snap and that the only person you control. Playing your one person on defense for every play is about as close to a true "man lock" youre gonna get in this game. When I have my MLB come up with 9 tackles and 2 sacks in a game it feels more like a true accompishment than playing as a WR and having 150 yards and 3 TD's on the day.

This is just my opinion though. Some people dont want a TRUE man lock cuz some people want to pad thier stats and be MVP every year. Why even want a superstar mode if youre gonna cheese on it??? Kinda defeats the purpose. Maybe next year they will give us at least options to make SS mode seem more like a true indivual experience rather than come up with this cool mode then turn around and cater it to the casual wanna be fan/player.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:17 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

You know what though? Since we are talking about Man Lock..WTF is there a man lock option doing in the settings? What exactly does it really do????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2005, 07:21 PM   #6
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Hate to say it but there is not "true" man lock in this game which sucks for me. If im gonna be a WR then I wanna be the WR and run my route and try to get open and if the CPU throws me the ball great, and if not then I will hold a press conference about not getting the "dam" ball enough lol. Seriously though the fact that there is no true man lock kinda puts a damper on superstar mode if youre playing on offense. ESPECIALLY if youre a WR cuz you can just keep throwing yourself the ball. So here are my ideas to kinda fake a true man lock.

If youre playing a QB:
-Let the CPU select the plays. No if ands or buts. If its 2 and 3 and the CPU calls a play action play and youd rather run it, you run what the CPU tells you to run.
- If its a running play just hike the ball and let your CPU hand the ball off for you, it will go to the RB and if you leave the controller alone he will run on his own.
- Id say calling an audible is okay though cuz sometimes the coach picks a play that the defense sniffs out at the line before the snap. Then you can just be Peyton Manning lol.

If youre playing with as a WR:
-well it pretty much sucks for you then because you have two options and they both stink. You can take control of the QB but then that means you can throw the ball to your WR every passing play. Sure some people will say just dont get in the habbit of doing that, but thats lame IMO. The other option is to snap the ball and not controll anything, hope the CPU controlled QB throws the ball to your CPU controlled WR and when he catches it, you take control of him.

If youre playing a TE:
-Same sucky thing for WR's

If youre playing a RB:
-Same as the QB when it comes to play calling. You dont call the plays, let the computer call the plays. If its a pass play they you basically just dont do nothing on that play (unless the QB throws your RB the ball then you can control him). If its a run play then you run whatever run play the CPU calls. Snap the ball and let the QB hand the ball off then you take controll of your RB

If youre playing on defense:
Actually on defense I think its a little more fun. Again you let the CPU call the defensive set. You just take controll of your player before the snap and that the only person you control. Playing your one person on defense for every play is about as close to a true "man lock" youre gonna get in this game. When I have my MLB come up with 9 tackles and 2 sacks in a game it feels more like a true accompishment than playing as a WR and having 150 yards and 3 TD's on the day.

This is just my opinion though. Some people dont want a TRUE man lock cuz some people want to pad thier stats and be MVP every year. Why even want a superstar mode if youre gonna cheese on it??? Kinda defeats the purpose. Maybe next year they will give us at least options to make SS mode seem more like a true indivual experience rather than come up with this cool mode then turn around and cater it to the casual wanna be fan/player.

You can also(If you want to be a WR) plug in a second controller and use the second one to control your wr. just use controller 1 for picking plays and snapping the ball.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:46 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

It is about f'in time they added that "auto pass" option as it was always standard in the past maddens and it would piss me off because i like to just hut the ball without moving the analog stick and watch what is unfolding and in past maddens it would auto throw. totally reatrded to have had that "feature" built in and it is good to see someone at EA is finally off the crak pipe and realized most users prolly dont want that ****.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »