Home

What do ex-ESPN players think of Madden 06?

This is a discussion on What do ex-ESPN players think of Madden 06? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is Madden 06 worth it for an ESPN 2K5 player?
Yes 55 48.67%
No 58 51.33%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2005, 06:34 PM   #1
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19
What do ex-ESPN players think of Madden 06?

You'll have to forgive my ignorance, but I haven't played Madden since 04. Here's what I'm curious about: for anyone who prefered ESPN 2K5, how is Madden 06 treating you? Is it worth a shot? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2005, 06:42 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: What do ex-ESPN players think of Madden 06?

The passing cone is top notch but the graphics, presentation, running game, and tackling just dont measure up to 2k5. The gameplay is funner than previous Maddens b/c of Vision and Presicion but overall it is still only average. I got this game at midnight and played it for a few days but I still find myself playing a couple games on 2k5. Im prolly gonna play Madden for a franchise this year but when Madden gets boring Ill pop in 2k5 and play some exhibition.

06 > 2k5 only because of the rosters and features but for actual gameplay expeirence I think 2k5 still wins although I like both.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:44 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14

Yeah it is worth the shot, the SS mode alone is worth the fun. The cone thing though is not really good. Not that it is bad or something. But the fact that you now have to consider pressing an extra buttons or something is really a killer. It is already hard enough tracking your recievers and watching the blitz, now you have to do all that vision thing all the the same time.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:50 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

Don't know..will never buy anything EA again..specially this.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:50 PM   #5
Banned

LSUFan2004's Arena

OVR: 7

it's better than previous maddens, but still not up to 2k's level. still, it's worth the purchase
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2005, 06:53 PM   #6
Banned

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.

If you have trade-ins what the heck get it but otherwise I say no. You can update the 2k5 rosters manually or DL them w/ AR !
Old 08-12-2005, 07:22 PM   #7
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

well i like it...i like the innovation of the cone passing BUT i find myself using the R stick to juke and it messes me up at times...BOO on EA for having it on NCAA but to leave it out on madden...gah...dumb...

i miss 2k tho......
Old 08-12-2005, 07:26 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsman27
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.

If you have trade-ins what the heck get it but otherwise I say no. You can update the 2k5 rosters manually or DL them w/ AR !
Well that was helpful.

EDIT: My bad mavsman, I didn't realize you were the same person who posted up at the top. You gave some good insight into both games in your first post, so i apoligize for ^ that....

Anyway,

Coming from a fellow 2ker, I must say this game overall is good. Are the tackling animations up to par with those of 2k5? No. Is the presentation as good as 2k5? No. All of that was known since 2002. However, the precision passing (maximum passing) and the cone made it worth it for me. I know Sarah mentioned earlier that it wasn't very good, so it is just a matter of personal preference. I would suggest renting it from blockbuster first to see if you want it or not. Personally, I think it is more realistic than 2k5 and, atleast to me, is more fun.

Just my .02

Last edited by southpaww; 08-12-2005 at 07:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »