Home

Holy!@$ Has Anyone Played Peyton Manning Yet

This is a discussion on Holy!@$ Has Anyone Played Peyton Manning Yet within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2005, 01:17 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Holy!@$ Has Anyone Played Peyton Manning Yet

So yeah, anyways..... on topic.

I played against the colts the other day in my Browns chise.... get off to a great start vs manning, I intercepted the first pass of the day, and took it back for 6. Next drive, Manning drops back, and whack I nail him from behind with Chaun Thompson, Manning fumbles, and MR. Defensive TD himself, Brodney Pool picks it up and scores.... 14-0 a little less then 2 minutes into the game.

I go into the half with a 21-0 lead, Manning was something like 4-23 for 41 yards with 2 INTs and two fumbles in the first half.

I'm feeling good, my running game was going good, all was clicking. I march the ball down the field after the kick off and score a TD. 28-0.... then all went to hell.... Manning caught fire, I could do nothing right.At one point he completed 24 passes in a row.

Summed up, he put up 387 yards and 4 TD's in the 3rd and 4th quarters, and James rushed for another. At the end of 4 quarters it was 35 all. They win the toss for OT, and I'm feeling pretty good as their returner fumbled the ball, and then got knocked out of bounds at the 3 yard line. I'm thinking run for sure, so I go all out blitz, so of course they run a play pass, and Reggie Wayne is wide open, and basically could of crawled the last 50 yards for a TD.

Yeah, he pwn3d my ***.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:40 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
how do you cheat in this game?
The only way to cheat in Franchise mode those stupid Madden cards.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:24 AM   #35
Banned

Bradley21's Arena

OVR: 3

Here's some veteran advice on taking care of QB's like Peyton and Tom...****sh your SS or FS on a QB blitz, bring them right up to the line of scrimmage and rush them on obvious passing downs.

Played the Ravens D against the Colts and then the Pats in an Exhibition. Each time Ed Reed came away with double digit sacks. But sacking the QB is not the point it's actually hurrying him, Peyton and Tom throw more interceptions/deflectable passes to your #1 and #2 CB's when they're under pressure. Rolle and McAllister ate up Tom and Peyton. True you might get burned up the middle with your SS or FS blitzing, drop a LB back into zone coverage, preferably your weakest one, you just need an extra body there.

Last edited by Bradley21; 08-27-2005 at 11:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2005, 12:18 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by knappyone
So yeah, anyways..... on topic.

I played against the colts the other day in my Browns chise.... get off to a great start vs manning, I intercepted the first pass of the day, and took it back for 6. Next drive, Manning drops back, and whack I nail him from behind with Chaun Thompson, Manning fumbles, and MR. Defensive TD himself, Brodney Pool picks it up and scores.... 14-0 a little less then 2 minutes into the game.

I go into the half with a 21-0 lead, Manning was something like 4-23 for 41 yards with 2 INTs and two fumbles in the first half.

I'm feeling good, my running game was going good, all was clicking. I march the ball down the field after the kick off and score a TD. 28-0.... then all went to hell.... Manning caught fire, I could do nothing right.At one point he completed 24 passes in a row.

Summed up, he put up 387 yards and 4 TD's in the 3rd and 4th quarters, and James rushed for another. At the end of 4 quarters it was 35 all. They win the toss for OT, and I'm feeling pretty good as their returner fumbled the ball, and then got knocked out of bounds at the 3 yard line. I'm thinking run for sure, so I go all out blitz, so of course they run a play pass, and Reggie Wayne is wide open, and basically could of crawled the last 50 yards for a TD.

Yeah, he pwn3d my ***.
i feel for u man i really do cause i've had many similar experiences like that playing madden over the years. But can anyone really expect to shut out the colts, chiefs, packers, pats, vikings, or any other team w/ a qb that has a cone that covers the entire damn field. the only way to preserve a big lead in the 2nd half against the cpu is to run the ball on all 3 downs and when on defense call nothing but zone/zone blitzes otherwise they get the ball and start cheesing the hell out of u (this is around the time i start kicking the t.v.)
Old 08-29-2005, 10:14 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

i shut Manning out in my first season, it was the Superbowl and i was the Lions on All Pro

14-0

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »