Home

Madden Now & Next Generation

This is a discussion on Madden Now & Next Generation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2005, 09:41 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Madden Now & Next Generation

I have bought Madden every year that it's come out. Year after year I keep hoping that EA will get it right, but year after year there is always game play issues that make the game alittle less enjoyable. After 15 years I must say I thought that Madden would be much further along then it is. It seems that every year when the game comes out we say if they address this and this the game will be great. For what ever reason EA decides to mess with something that is not broken and that becomes the issue for the next game. Last year d-backs could jump far to high. So this year to EA's credit they fix the leaping DB problem only to create this years problem the high jumping WR. Plus many other small issues that should have been addressed before release. I read a few years ago (2 I think) in a game magazine interview where EA said that it would spend about 10% of their time into AI. That explains alot. Another thing I don't get is yearly addiction of gimmicks. This year (superstar) I thought this has to be a joke but again EA buts far more time into something that IMO is a total waste of time. I wonder how many of us emailed you (EA) and ask them to put SS into the game or race for the Heisman in NCAA how about total team control in Nascar this year. LOL EA says mmmm why would anyone want to race online with more then 4 human controlled cars. Lets give them total team control instead. EA says that they read many message boards and I am sure that they do, all I know is that I have yet to find the threads saying how much we want SS,RFTH or Total team control. Heck I will go one step further I have never heard anyone even bring this up. EA it's probably just me but if you could spend more time on game play and less on this weird stuff I would not be righting this. EA you have one last shot IMO the 360 if the game play isn't far better then what you have given us for the last 15 years I will be done with your sport games. One last thing I am a business owner myself and I do know that if the product I was selling had changed no more then the product you are selling I would have been out of business along time ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2005, 09:47 AM   #2
Meatball

OVR:
Re: Madden Now & Next Generation

EA is trying to appeal to the masses. I.E. people from 10-40+

That is what got them to the point of buying exclusive licenses. They have a gazillion people fan base for a reason.

Little kids love the superstar mode and race for the heisman. Adults just prefer solid gameplay.

I think Madden next-gen will be different....a lot better.

Old 08-16-2005, 10:24 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbubs

That is what got them to the point of buying exclusive licenses. They have a gazillion people fan base for a reason.

Little kids love the superstar mode and race for the heisman. Adults just prefer solid gameplay.

I think Madden next-gen will be different....a lot better.
BS they could have 2 totally different gameplay types one for sim guys one for arcade guys, sliders for both so WE would be the one who decided the game type we wanted to play. Buddy they have been at this 15 years. As long as there are guys who believe as you do, I don't think EA will ever change. We the costumer have a right to at least be heard. EA has chosen to ignore us for the most part.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:42 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
BS they could have 2 totally different gameplay types one for sim guys one for arcade guys, sliders for both so WE would be the one who decided the game type we wanted to play. Buddy they have been at this 15 years. As long as there are guys who believe as you do, I don't think EA will ever change. We the costumer have a right to at least be heard. EA has chosen to ignore us for the most part.

No one has anything to say?
Old 08-17-2005, 09:59 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree to a certain point. I don't see why they're both releasing NFL Street and Madden with the same crowd in mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 09:59 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbubs
How would this be any different that what anyone else is trying to do. Every developer that makes a football game attempts to appeal to the masses. While many in the 2k crowd would like to think otherwise I feel for them if they do not believe VC attempts to appeal to the masses too. They just do it in a different way.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:10 AM   #7
Rookie

I still feel they should try and press more for the hardcore sim market segment with Madden and then instead expand NFL Street to become a full NFL arcade game for that segment.

A lot of people would still buy both, I just think people would be more happy with it that way instead of having a Very arcady game in Street and a cross between arcade and sim on Madden.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:02 PM   #8
Rookie

I personally wouldn't mind payin like a extra $10 or so fo r a double disc madden a la Gran Turismo, a arcade disc, and a sim/franchise dic. This way they can expand franchise and make it what it should have been when it first came out. I have bought madden every year since '93 except '96, '97 (was there even a '97?) and although I can't find another game to satisfy my yearly pigskin videogame fix, I buy madden. But there's no question that I completely agree as well, this game has not really changed at all. You would think with so many years with the same engine they would have worked out the bugs by now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »