Home

Madden Percision Passing Irony

This is a discussion on Madden Percision Passing Irony within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2005, 02:58 AM   #1
Rookie

tuch94's Arena

OVR: 8
Madden Percision Passing Irony

Has anyone else noticed that the percision passing that is supposed to help us make better passes actually makes the defense better with mroe takeaways and harder downs. The title for 2006 should have been fear the D instead of 2005.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 03:01 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Madden Percision Passing Irony

How does it help the D? precision passing lets you place the ball so only your WR can reach it...or gives your WR a better chance of gettin the ball...

What are you talkin about?
Old 08-17-2005, 03:03 AM   #3
Rookie

tuch94's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPlaya
How does it help the D? precision passing lets you place the ball so only your WR can reach it...or gives your WR a better chance of gettin the ball...

What are you talkin about?
No but realistically online it is no help because its just a free grad to the defense, its hard to explain but its not like you become peyton manning
Old 08-17-2005, 08:27 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

You mean the cone? Precision passing is the thing that makes you determine where you place the ball, I don't know how that makes you worse?
Old 08-17-2005, 10:20 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 16

I think he's refering to the fact that it tips off the D because they can see the eyes of the quarterback at will...even when they are 50 yards down the field and have no way of possibly knowing. Now they can see where the ball is about to be passed because rarely do you have *that* much time to look off a db when they are already 30+ yards downfield (because you're sacked before then).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 10:35 AM   #6
Banned

You must be talking about the vision cone which I like and sure, the D can see wher the qb is looking but that happens in real football.

As for the actual precision passing crap...it is lame. They should ahve put in the max passing feature that the NFL2Kx games had which actually worked and gave me the ability to make awesome passes. I find the madden precision passing stuff to be cheesy and almost all jump balls.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:46 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuch94
Has anyone else noticed that the percision passing that is supposed to help us make better passes actually makes the defense better with mroe takeaways and harder downs. The title for 2006 should have been fear the D instead of 2005.

I 100% agree. It totally helps the D more than the O. It gives you a 1 second tip on where the ball is going. And its way too easy to time now.

For instance. Once the ball is hiked you know the ball is NOT going to where the QB is looking first. Thats the look off. So basically I forget about that part of the field and concentrate on the rest. Then from playing the game enough you know roughly when the QB will have to throw the ball without getting sacked. You time that to where the flashlight is at that point and you can consistantly know where the ball is going.
Minnesota Wild
Old 08-17-2005, 10:49 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
I 100% agree. It totally helps the D more than the O. It gives you a 1 second tip on where the ball is going. And its way too easy to time now.

For instance. Once the ball is hiked you know the ball is NOT going to where the QB is looking first. Thats the look off. So basically I forget about that part of the field and concentrate on the rest. Then from playing the game enough you know roughly when the QB will have to throw the ball without getting sacked. You time that to where the flashlight is at that point and you can consistantly know where the ball is going.

Don't stare at the guy you want to go to the whole time

Its that simple
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »