Home

why is it so hard to pass in this game?

This is a discussion on why is it so hard to pass in this game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2005, 01:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
why is it so hard to pass in this game?

and not just my team, but the other team too...i paly with the eagles, and mcnabb is currently 4-17 with 1 pick at the half, and alex smith of the niners in 0-9...it is soooo hard to make reads whiile they blitz 3 linebackers and a CB, i just cant get it straight...any tips out there, or would sliders do

By the way, i play on all-pro, but when i tried pro to start i could pass fine but my D was way too good...i pla about 50 madden games each year so dont say i must be new
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 01:48 PM   #2
Rookie

tuch94's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: why is it so hard to pass in this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joer625
and not just my team, but the other team too...i paly with the eagles, and mcnabb is currently 4-17 with 1 pick at the half, and alex smith of the niners in 0-9...it is soooo hard to make reads whiile they blitz 3 linebackers and a CB, i just cant get it straight...any tips out there, or would sliders do

By the way, i play on all-pro, but when i tried pro to start i could pass fine but my D was way too good...i pla about 50 madden games each year so dont say i must be new
Its just one of many EA mistakes that they made in this edition, but the next gen edition will be perfect so not to worry
Old 08-17-2005, 01:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

You only play 50 games over the course of a year?
Old 08-17-2005, 01:49 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstherock
You only play 50 games over the course of a year?
yeah probably more usually, but last year it was more like 50 cuz i only did online really
Old 08-17-2005, 01:52 PM   #5
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuch94
the next gen edition will be perfect so not to worry
You're kidding right? Do you know how hard it is to progrram a simple number game without any bugs? It's really hard. To think that there will be no bugs in a game as complex as Madden is completely moronic.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 02:59 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
it is soooo hard to make reads whiile they blitz 3 linebackers and a CB, i just cant get it straight...any tips out there, or would sliders do
Um, read defenses before you snap the ball and try to get it to one of your backs out of the backfield. Or read the defense and hot route a WR to a slant. Or read the defense and keep your backs in to block while hot routing your WR to a slant. Or how about reading the defense in general along with going into practice mode and logging some time in there.

I have solid games and i have bad games, that's what i expect while i learn the new passing features.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:06 PM   #7
Rookie

tuch94's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggas2
You're kidding right? Do you know how hard it is to progrram a simple number game without any bugs? It's really hard. To think that there will be no bugs in a game as complex as Madden is completely moronic.
I kno the game wont be "perfect", but they have had so much time to make the game that the errors should be almost non existant
Old 08-17-2005, 03:08 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuch94
I kno the game wont be "perfect", but they have had so much time to make the game that the errors should be almost non existant
EA relies on errors to sell future versions of said game.

EA doesn't want to release a flawless game, else there would be no motivation for consumers to buy their product from year to year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »