Home

Madden 06 sets opening week sales record

This is a discussion on Madden 06 sets opening week sales record within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2005, 07:31 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 06 sets opening week sales record

Madden is a good game and fun, but as the above poster said, it's not because it's the game everyone wanted. Just because the PR people are saying this and that the programmers will not rest on their laurels and look at the wishlists to continue to improve the game.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:46 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 13

1.7 million copies sold is below estimates.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:56 PM   #11
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

So much for the "Madden Boycott", huh?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2005, 08:12 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
So much for the "Madden Boycott", huh?
EA didn't get my $50 this year. How many copies is EA going to have to sell to pay for the $1 billion in NFL & ESPN licensing fees they're on the hook for? And otherwise deliver the same type of revenue/profit numbers they've delivered in the past? It will be interesting to see if anyone loses their job if the answers to those questions turn out to be bad news for EA.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:07 AM   #13
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

i am waiting to see sales in later months more. the first month, the rental companies buy a lot. with other product to buy, they buy more versions of madden.

EA made a similar announcement to take away credit from 2k5 last year and then sales tailed off.

this could simply be spin doctor for taking the heat off the license deal.

honestly, the american public is stupid if this line works:

Consumers have voted with their dollars, and the vote is in -- this is the best version of Madden NFL Football ever."

if i had one choice to buy a particular product and no hope of a competitors product for 5 years, then i did not vote. vote means you have choices. vote means options. vote means there could be a change.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:01 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
EA didn't get my $50 this year. How many copies is EA going to have to sell to pay for the $1 billion in NFL & ESPN licensing fees they're on the hook for? And otherwise deliver the same type of revenue/profit numbers they've delivered in the past? It will be interesting to see if anyone loses their job if the answers to those questions turn out to be bad news for EA.
They have 5 years to realize whether or not buying the licensed will payoff. If there gimmick will continue to click, we might as well get used on playing Madden.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:09 AM   #15
Banned

stinkpot's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKOO
Get ready for some serious corporate complacency. Just like when Bush said..hey..I got re elected..it must mean everyone loves me..even though he is doing a crappy job at being President

EA will say..lookie here..look at those sales numbers..Guess we will put out the EXACT same game next year since you guys liked it so much..EA Sports GIVE US YOUR MONEY SUCKERS!! its in the game.
What sports game hasn't built on the previous year with minimal improvements, minus overhauls due to losing ground (Acclaims Sim Baseball beating Triple Play created MVP)? EA does it, 2k did and does do it, etc. Even sequeals to any genre of games merely create a new environment and give a few tweaks. New systems will cause an overhaul of their own, these are the only things that dramatically change the way games look and play.

Stupidest comment ever. Bush winning the popular vote and election are indications that people chose him to lead the country again. Your opinion of his job, is just that one of someone who didn't vote for him. Majority rules.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2005, 04:14 AM   #16
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

I knew one of these threads would pop up, and to be honest that news isn't surprising considering. There was no second or third NFL game to buy so of course it was going to sell. Not because alot of people wanted to, but because they had no choice.

Secondly I work retail, and alot of people who purchased the game, don't really like it. But as they put it there was no 2k6, no new fever or gameday. So they had no choice. Alot of them don't get online and don't know about updated rosters and all that. So they purchased it.

Easy for a company to break records when you monopolize the market. My store even told us, if we bad mouthed any of the EA products Madden or Live to be exact. That we would be terminated, because they ordered too many copies and it was the biggest thing since Halo Sales. I've even had co-workers tell customers the game was a disappointment and it wasn't that good. And they got suspended from work with no warning.

Too much corrupt politics surrounds this game.

Last edited by Behindshadows; 08-19-2005 at 05:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »