Home

weird challenge situation

This is a discussion on weird challenge situation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2005, 07:24 PM   #1
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73
weird challenge situation

OK heres the situation. The CPU (Patriots) has second and ten from their 40. Brady throws a pass to the sidelines to Branch. He catches the ball and gets one foot in, then steps out of bounds.

It is announced "He steps out of bounds at the 48 yard line for a firstdown"

No way he caught it, so I challenge

During the challenge shots, Madden says "The key here is the official ruled it was not a catch" wait what?

The official says the ruling is overturned

The Patriots still have first down where he "caught" the ball

Im confused...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2005, 07:26 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: weird challenge situation

Thats another reason why the challenge system needs overhauled in this game. You can't challenge what you want to. ESPN2k5 had this right last year, bringing up a list of possible challenges and let you pick. Hope they steal it and put it in the game next year.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:20 PM   #3

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkforce
Thats another reason why the challenge system needs overhauled in this game. You can't challenge what you want to. ESPN2k5 had this right last year, bringing up a list of possible challenges and let you pick. Hope they steal it and put it in the game next year.
Thats one thing I totally agree with, in 2k they did the challenge system correctly and it allowed for you to actually challenge the part of the play that you wanted as opposed to the play in general. I also wish EA would use this feature, that way we can actually challenge the specifics of the play.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:37 PM   #4
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
Thats one thing I totally agree with, in 2k they did the challenge system correctly and it allowed for you to actually challenge the part of the play that you wanted as opposed to the play in general. I also wish EA would use this feature, that way we can actually challenge the specifics of the play.
Former 2k5 player here(loved that game). I am hoping that EA "adopts" alot of what 2k5 did right...
Old 08-18-2005, 09:07 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yeah, maybe they ruled that it wasn't a catch and when you challenged it they overturned it to make it a catch...?

If that's the case, then stupid move by you! hahahaha.

Peace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2005, 09:42 PM   #6
MVP

XboxRocks1991's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS-One
Yeah, maybe they ruled that it wasn't a catch and when you challenged it they overturned it to make it a catch...?

If that's the case, then stupid move by you! hahahaha.

Peace.
Can they do that...in real life
?

AIM-NextGenHotShot
Old 08-18-2005, 11:11 PM   #7
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

maybe they ruled it wasnt a catch, but I pushed the guy out of bounds so they got the yards, then I challenged and they said it was officially a catch, without me pushing them out of bounds...i dunno

still the whole idea of "challenging" in a video game is stupid. I mean the CPU doesn make "mistakes" like a human referee, so the only thing it can do is intentionally make the wrong "call"
Old 08-19-2005, 01:31 AM   #8
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

Madden challenge is horrible, everytime the cpu challenges me thurr right when 9 times out of 10 there were wrong. I was playing with raiders and randy moss catches a pass on sideline and the texans challenged it and won which is bs cause i must have wayched 5times to make sure i was right and i was, but thats not the first time i lost a challenge they just bsin when it comes to challenge system................i vote for espn 2k challenge systems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »