Home

Player retirements in franchise mode

This is a discussion on Player retirements in franchise mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2005, 07:54 PM   #1
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11
Player retirements in franchise mode

Does anyone else think that player retirements are somewhat unrealistic? I understand if a player retires at the age of 36 or older but im getting pretty tired of seeing some of my players retire at 32, 33, or 34 years old especially when they are rated in the high 80's low 90's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2005, 07:59 PM   #2
Rookie

tuch94's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Player retirements in franchise mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohlstar20
Does anyone else think that player retirements are somewhat unrealistic? I understand if a player retires at the age of 36 or older but im getting pretty tired of seeing some of my players retire at 32, 33, or 34 years old especially when they are rated in the high 80's low 90's.
No, I dont find it unrealistic, it just has to do with prior injuries or loss of interest in the game regardless of rank
Old 08-18-2005, 08:08 PM   #3
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuch94
No, I dont find it unrealistic, it just has to do with prior injuries or loss of interest in the game regardless of rank
Well if that's the case than it would be nice if every player had a specific reason why they are retiring like in MVP Baseball that way we know because a player in his low 30's most likely isn't retiring due to his age.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:17 PM   #4
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohlstar20
Well if that's the case than it would be nice if every player had a specific reason why they are retiring like in MVP Baseball that way we know because a player in his low 30's most likely isn't retiring due to his age.
Actually, in the NFL a player retiring in his early thirties is not at all uncommon. An NFL player's career is not going to last as long as that of and MLB player. This is almost certainly Jermoe Bettis's last season and he is only 33. Marshall Faulk doesn't have all that much time left, and he is only 32. And those are Hall of Famers. The average player doesn't even last that long.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:35 PM   #5
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
Actually, in the NFL a player retiring in his early thirties is not at all uncommon. An NFL player's career is not going to last as long as that of and MLB player. This is almost certainly Jermoe Bettis's last season and he is only 33. Marshall Faulk doesn't have all that much time left, and he is only 32. And those are Hall of Famers. The average player doesn't even last that long.

Very true. Every player is not like a Jerry Rice...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2005, 09:09 PM   #6
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGmoney
Very true. Every player is not like a Jerry Rice...
But there are some guys like Jerry Rice. I'm pretty sure he has retired after the first franchise year since Madden '02. Now it's 4 years later and he's still around. I wish they'd vary it a little bit more.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:10 PM   #7
rac
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is off topic but in every franchise I have done, Trent Green has retired after the first season. I think this was predetermined.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:14 PM   #8
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
But there are some guys like Jerry Rice. I'm pretty sure he has retired after the first franchise year since Madden '02. Now it's 4 years later and he's still around. I wish they'd vary it a little bit more.
True also.... Maybe 2007 will have some of the variance..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »