Home

Madden needs NCAA - style running game

This is a discussion on Madden needs NCAA - style running game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2005, 06:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Madden needs NCAA - style running game

Is it just me, or is the running game in NCAA '06 noticably better than in Madden? I've noticed that there are more animations in NCAA than in madden like the way the runner bounces off of bad angle and arm tackle attempts, as well as the "lean-into-the-defender-and-keep-pushing" animation, which is what I love - very similar to the 2k5 running game and right up there along with it in terms of the way it feels. It feels good to pound the ball, and that's been rare lately in an EA football game. Any thoughts / comments?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2005, 09:09 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Madden needs NCAA - style running game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun Assassin
Is it just me, or is the running game in NCAA '06 noticably better than in Madden? I've noticed that there are more animations in NCAA than in madden like the way the runner bounces off of bad angle and arm tackle attempts, as well as the "lean-into-the-defender-and-keep-pushing" animation, which is what I love - very similar to the 2k5 running game and right up there along with it in terms of the way it feels. It feels good to pound the ball, and that's been rare lately in an EA football game. Any thoughts / comments?
I disagree. While the running in NCAA feels more fluid and a bit more responsive, the Mario running is still very, very prevalent in NCAA. It has been toned down in Madden this year. Still exists, but not nearly as bad as NCAA.

Plus I think holes are more distinct this year in Madden than ever before. NFL 2K5 still had a better running game than Madden 06 or NCAA 06, but Madden's running game is much better than in Madden 2005.

Take care,
PK
Old 08-19-2005, 09:33 PM   #3
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun Assassin
This would be my worst nightmare....Madden looking more like NCAA.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:00 PM   #4
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I agree with the original poster. I prefer the running game in NCAA. I also prefer the passing game in NCAA. in madden the dbs just react way to fast. its impossible to go a game with less than 3 interceptions. I get so used to making throws in NCAA that when I try to make the same pass in madden its no luck. I know its the NFL and every player is that much better on this level but still the nFL are just the best players in college football to me. Not anything superhuman like its sometimes displayed on the madden Defense.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:16 PM   #5
Rookie

i dont know, i cant seem to average more than 2.5 yards a carry anyways. i do like how espn's running game was but since that no longer exists, i guess ill just have to get better at this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2005, 10:31 PM   #6
Rookie

if madden had ncaa's running game i wouldn't have sold it for 30 bucks to a friend. the gameplay in madden is terrible in my opinion.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:44 AM   #7
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

I find the NCAA running game infinitely superior to Maddens, but a main reason for that is the controls. I think the controls are better in NCAA both offensively and defensively.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 08-20-2005, 09:09 AM   #8
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

countering my way down the field at will isn't my idea of fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »