Home

Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before.

This is a discussion on Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2005, 04:51 PM   #113
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_diddy
Do you mean run out of a two back set? I agree with you and TombSong that tipping your opponent as to whether you're going to run or pass does take away some of the strategy in the game just like last year having no fatigue online took away from the strategy of the game. I guess my point is that for people just looking to have fun online, you can adapt your play style/playcalling if you know that your opponent is cheating. By the same token, some teams like Minnesota use a one back sets almost exclusively (in the game). I was mistaken saying that it's a non-issue. I should have said that I can work around it. I don't like it, but I can work around it.
I meant being able to do anything out of a 2 back set. 2 back sets are useless in multiplayer.

I'm glad that you are having fun working around this. I mean that. I wouldn't want you or anyone else on this board to pull their hair out over something like this. But at the same time a lot of people are unhappy about this and we don't need people (not really directed at you) telling us how to work around this. We know how to do that. We just won't accept the fact that we have to do that. This doesn't feel like football anymore. It's like some bastardization of football. And to top it all off we don't have a choice this year.

EA can fix this easily for Xbox. If it weren't for the PS2's and their lack of hard drives EA would probably be putting out a patch for this tomorrow.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:06 PM   #114
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I dont see how anyone can call this a non issue. Making a defense guess what you are doing and keeping them off balance is 50% of your play success the other 50% is execution of the play. Its half of the strategy of the game. How can anyone call it a non issue ?

Essentially, right now, the multiplayer part of the game is broke.
The way NFL teams scout and view films. NFL defense can key on formation and situation that tell them wether its a run or pass...
Old 08-23-2005, 05:16 PM   #115
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
The way NFL teams scout and view films. NFL defense can key on formation and situation that tell them wether its a run or pass...
Yes, they can see the tendencies of teams based on film and prepwork during the week but it's not like the Corey Dillon comes out of the huddle on first and 10 and tells the defense that the Pats are going to run. And it's not as if NFL teams only run or pass out of a given formation in specific situations. If that were the case I could be an NFL head coach. This is like stealing the catcher's signs in baseball. It kills the chess match that is playcalling in the NFL, plain and simple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2005, 05:46 PM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by djep
Yes, they can see the tendencies of teams based on film and prepwork during the week but it's not like the Corey Dillon comes out of the huddle on first and 10 and tells the defense that the Pats are going to run. And it's not as if NFL teams only run or pass out of a given formation in specific situations. If that were the case I could be an NFL head coach. This is like stealing the catcher's signs in baseball. It kills the chess match that is playcalling in the NFL, plain and simple.

exactly, and the people that don't see this as obvious are playing a different brand of football than we are. its so serious, i'd be shocked if ea doesn't fix it.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:56 PM   #117
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabmasterb
exactly, and the people that don't see this as obvious are playing a different brand of football than we are. its so serious, i'd be shocked if ea doesn't fix it.
only got one thing to say: XBOX s#$ ks big donkey @#@K!!
Old 08-23-2005, 06:07 PM   #118
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo.com
only got one thing to say: XBOX s#$ ks big donkey @#@K!!
Same problem exists on Playstation.

Watch the language and let's leave the console war stuff out of this thread as well. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:12 PM   #119
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
Same problem exists on Playstation.

Watch the language and let's leave the console war stuff out of this thread as well. Thanks.
does it really? never noticed, i'll check on it later though. as for the language, i absolutely abhor anything that generates $$$ for bill gates so i had to let the expletive(s) fly. by the way that OH YEAH bit in family guy is hilarious!!!
Old 08-23-2005, 06:21 PM   #120
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo.com
does it really? never noticed, i'll check on it later though. as for the language, i absolutely abhor anything that generates $$$ for bill gates so i had to let the expletive(s) fly. by the way that OH YEAH bit in family guy is hilarious!!!
No problem. We just try to keep it clean for some of the younger ones that visit the site.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »