Home

Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before.

This is a discussion on Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2005, 01:19 AM   #1
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10
Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before.

I'm going to return Madden. Not only that, I'm going to return it before the regular season has even begun. And not only that, I'm going to return it within the first month, hell, within the first two weeks, that I've owned the game. I guess I won't actually be returning it as much as I'll be trading it in for $30 store credit, but hey. Same principle applies.

Why am I bothering to tell you this? Well, why not. It's an historic event.

I dealt with the special teams. I had them to a point with where I could live with the punt returns. I dealt with not being able to turn off the CPU's passing cone, by just using it myself, even though I'd rather not, and even though the CPU's passing cone gave away its draw plays. I dealt with the inane challenge system, and just accepted it for what it was.

But I cannot deal with what I refer to as the "giveaway" glitch, which completely and utterly ruins the game. This is the glitch where,.. well, wait.

If you are blissfully unaware of the glitch and want to remain that way, stop reading.

This is the glitch where, when on defense, by zooming out to view opponent receiver assignments on a 2-back set, the color of the RB's icon gives away whether the play is run or pass. Black is run, white is pass. This glitch applies both in online/pvp and vs.CPU play, and all but breaks the game, or, at best, severly hamstrings it.

I haven't read too much talk about it, and I feel it's a subject that needs to be discussed. Will it ruin the game for people who presently enjoy it and are unaware of the glitch? Quite possibly. But for the people who haven't yet bought the game, who come to forums to learn so they can make informed purchasing decisions, they deserve to know about it. The honest people who play online and are getting their heads beat in by opponents with an apparent sixth sense deserve to know about it. And EA needs to be held accountable for it. Just kidding on the last part. That's fantasy.

The game is broken. EA needs to either find a way to patch this glitch through XBL, or allow returns for defective product. Just kidding on the last part. That'll never happen, either.

I'll return the game, and wait to see if they patch the PC version. I would probably buy it for PC if that were the case.

And for those of you wondering what features might exist in the XBox360 version to warrant a second Madden purchase in the same year, well, I'll bet I know one of them.

Last edited by ChiTownKid; 08-21-2005 at 01:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2005, 02:12 AM   #2
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before.

I think you'd get more money off of eBay. Too bad you haven't been able to enjoy the game.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 08-21-2005, 02:39 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

You can turn off the CPU passing cone. Start a game with 2 profiles/controllers, the one for the CPU will have the cone off. After the kick off slide player 2 (the CPU team you want to play versus) back to the middle. Play as normal, but the CPU will not have the cone.

Arena Football
NBA 2K6
C. Hoops 2k6
PGR 3
DOA 4
Old 08-21-2005, 03:12 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownKid
Why am I bothering to tell you this?
I honestly don't know....and thanks for spreading the glitch (like anyone wouldn't read it)
Old 08-21-2005, 08:03 AM   #5
G*t'ch* G*m* *p!

Tilted Brim's Arena

OVR: 7
Thumbs down Re: Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before.

Wow, after reading your post I've discovered you're right. I played heads up and a game on xbox live and discovered that this is an official glitch. Kinda explains why my record went from what it was to what it is. The guy I played online was level 18 and you could certainly tell that he knew the glitch. Whenever I would do a run play even on something like 3rd and 12 "which I would never normally do" he would put eight in the box and bring up his safeties.

I was able to try and do the same to him as well but this guy was a master with his audibles trying to counter every move I made. It became down right frustrtating after a while. Needles to say I eventually had my hat handed to me.

Even worse is that we have no other football options..............
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2005, 08:41 AM   #6
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Thanks for ruining online play for me. Well EA that is. I played my first Madden online cheese fest game the other night and the person I played chose the Colts (what a surprise?) and like someone stated, always knew when I was going to run the ball.

Now that I know this glitch exists, I will hang up online play until the 360 or go back to 2k5. Although I do enjoy this game against the computer, Madden has always been a crappy 2 player game in my opinion.

I am so glad that EA got this exclusive deal (insert sarcasm here).
Old 08-21-2005, 11:14 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

Wow...
Old 08-21-2005, 11:17 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Looks like it's only a glitch on the X-Box version. I just checked on the PS2 and I don't see it. What do you mean by RB icon?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »