Home

its a damn shame.....

This is a discussion on its a damn shame..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2005, 05:25 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: its a damn shame.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabmasterb
i think he's saying that baseing his playcalling and audibles around a flaw IS stepping his game up.

what hes not understanding is that for people like us its stepping our game down.

it is ridiculous, ea will agree, and they'll fix it. let me know when they do...

Exactly.
Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2005, 05:29 PM   #42
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastarr
the whole point is, you shouldn't have to run audibles or certain plays just to not give things away. it is ridiculous...
Exactly my thoughts and what I have been trying to say in this thread...EA has been doing this for years....knowing whether it's a run or pass is significant...regardless of an audible...after the audible don't you still bring up the coachess cam? ....if you know it's a run you anticipate the run period.. you don't have to think about a pas...so you can shift your defense to a run stopping defense ...if you audible out of that and you pull up the cam again you can audible to a run or pass defense depending on what you see...is that not a gamekiller? c'mon ea gets away with this because they can..
Old 08-22-2005, 06:29 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Exactly my thoughts and what I have been trying to say in this thread...EA has been doing this for years....knowing whether it's a run or pass is significant...regardless of an audible...after the audible don't you still bring up the coachess cam? ....if you know it's a run you anticipate the run period.. you don't have to think about a pas...so you can shift your defense to a run stopping defense ...if you audible out of that and you pull up the cam again you can audible to a run or pass defense depending on what you see...is that not a gamekiller? c'mon ea gets away with this because they can..
man i wish i never heard of this flaw. one minute i was loving what i consider the best football game ever made, the next it was unplayable...
Old 08-22-2005, 08:21 PM   #44
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabmasterb
man i wish i never heard of this flaw. one minute i was loving what i consider the best football game ever made, the next it was unplayable...

I still don't get why everyone's saying that this ruins the game, 95% of the time in the real NFL the defense knows whether you're going to run or pass, so it's not completely unrealistic. Why do you think offenses audible IRL? Just for fun? No, they audible because the QB sees the D knows what the offense is running. So yes, audibling is a fix, and a realistic one at that.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:30 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
I still don't get why everyone's saying that this ruins the game, 95% of the time in the real NFL the defense knows whether you're going to run or pass, so it's not completely unrealistic. Why do you think offenses audible IRL? Just for fun? No, they audible because the QB sees the D knows what the offense is running. So yes, audibling is a fix, and a realistic one at that.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2005, 08:35 PM   #46
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I still don't get why everyone's saying that this ruins the game, 95% of the time in the real NFL the defense knows whether you're going to run or pass, so it's not completely unrealistic.

Please don't drag the NFL into this, especially with wrong information. Sorry, but that number you quote is just plain wrong.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-22-2005, 08:43 PM   #47
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Please don't drag the NFL into this, especially with wrong information. Sorry, but that number you quote is just plain wrong.
LOL...please don't come in here with aboslutely no substance to your post. Sorry, but that post is just plain pointless. And why can't I drag the NFL into this...this is a FOOTBALL game. Okay, let me just bring the NHL into this argument then...oookay.

70% of the time I can guess whether the offense is going to run or pass, so please don't tell me the defense doesn't have a very good idea of what's going to be run. Look at the down, yards 'till a first down, and time left and I bet you could figure out if they're going to run or pass 90% of the time too, it's not that hard.

Last edited by Beantown; 08-22-2005 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:47 PM   #48
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
LOL...please don't come in here with aboslutely no substance to your post. Sorry, but that post is just plain pointless. And why can't I drag the NFL into this...this is a FOOTBALL game. Okay, let me just bring the NHL into this argument then...oookay.

90% of the time I can guess whether the offense is going to run or pass, so please don't tell me the defense doesn't have a very good idea of what's going to be run. Look at the down, yards 'till a first down, and time left and I bet you could figure out if they're going to run or pass 90% of the time too, it's not that hard.
Yeah, looking back on it, my post does come off sorta childish...sorry about that. Anyway, the glitch doesn't bother me b/c I play againt the CPU mainly anyway. As far as the number of times the D knows what the offense will do, we'll just have to disagree (I put the number at 50%).

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »