Home

its a damn shame.....

This is a discussion on its a damn shame..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2005, 09:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
its a damn shame.....

ea better disable the coach cam on defense, fast, or this game is cooked online, barely a week after release.

and i'm as big a madden fanatic as there is. '06 is the best football game ever, but for those of us that only play online (i'd rather douse myself in gasoline and strike a match than sit there playing against a computer's a.i.) this glitch is the definition of a GAMEBREAKER. and i don't throw that word around lightly.

has ea commented on it yet? i have faith, after the way they handled the formation shift glitch last year. i cant play the game until it's fixed though. that blows too, my raiders are sick this year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2005, 09:45 PM   #2
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: its a damn shame.....

Best way to fight this, is to set up audibles that have run and pass plays with two back formations. The icons do not change when you audible, so the opponent will not know what you are doing.

And I heard a person, and maybe persons say how do you expect EA to catch every glitch. I'm telling you, give me the game, pay me per hour, and give me one week of non stop play, I will find any glitch there is in the game. EA, HIRE ME!!!!! HIRE ME!!!
Old 08-21-2005, 09:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
Best way to fight this, is to set up audibles that have run and pass plays with two back formations. The icons do not change when you audible, so the opponent will not know what you are doing.

And I heard a person, and maybe persons say how do you expect EA to catch every glitch. I'm telling you, give me the game, pay me per hour, and give me one week of non stop play, I will find any glitch there is in the game. EA, HIRE ME!!!!! HIRE ME!!!

that is the best we can do for now i suppose samantha. i know what you mean about finding glitches. do they let enough people beta test these things?
i PRAY they had the foresight to allow a quick fix for these types of things...
Old 08-21-2005, 11:13 PM   #4
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30

its not a glitch, its programmed in.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:31 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
I will find any glitch there is in the game. EA, HIRE ME!!!!! HIRE ME!!!
No chance in hell. There is absolutely NO WAY any ONE PERSON could find EVERY glitch/flaw/GAMEBREAKER in any video game.

The best way to put it is this: EA staff's somewhere around 20-25 Quality Assurance people per video game. I don't care how much time those 20-25 people spend playing the game, they will NEVER be able to find the number of glitches that the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of us will find within a week after the game is released. It's purely a numbers thing, folks.

With that said, I would hardly consider this bug/glitch/whatever the hell you wanna call it a GAMEBREAKER.

As someone posted earlier, the way around it is audibles.

That, plus think of it like this. If you were standing in a batters box and I was pitching to you, and I was TELLING you what pitch was coming, you still gotta be able to hit it. Just because I tell you a slider is coming doesn't mean you're going to be able to make contact.

The same can be said with this game. Just because you know a run or a pass is coming, it doesn't mean you're automatically going to be able to stop it. Hell, most of the time you can tell whether a run or pass is coming simply by looking at the down and distance ANYWAY!

Relax, folks! Stop being a bunch of damn Chicken Littles. The sky is not falling! This game is still better than last year's, and I'm sure EA is already hard at work on a fix anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2005, 11:58 PM   #6
Rookie

tuch94's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
No chance in hell. There is absolutely NO WAY any ONE PERSON could find EVERY glitch/flaw/GAMEBREAKER in any video game.

The best way to put it is this: EA staff's somewhere around 20-25 Quality Assurance people per video game. I don't care how much time those 20-25 people spend playing the game, they will NEVER be able to find the number of glitches that the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of us will find within a week after the game is released. It's purely a numbers thing, folks.

With that said, I would hardly consider this bug/glitch/whatever the hell you wanna call it a GAMEBREAKER.

That, plus think of it like this. If you were standing in a batters box and I was pitching to you, and I was TELLING you what pitch was coming, you still gotta be able to hit it. Just because I tell you a slider is coming doesn't mean you're going to be able to make contact.

The same can be said with this game. Just because you know a run or a pass is coming, it doesn't mean you're automatically going to be able to stop it. Hell, most of the time you can tell whether a run or pass is coming simply by looking at the down and distance ANYWAY!

Relax, folks! Stop being a bunch of damn Chicken Littles. The sky is not falling! This game is still better than last year's, and I'm sure EA is already hard at work on a fix anyway.
Ea never fixes their game adn you know it, were waitin for the 360, better not f*** it up EA
Old 08-21-2005, 11:59 PM   #7
Banned

Samantha's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy

Nah, HIRE ME!!! HIRE ME!!! I alone can find every problem with the game!
Old 08-22-2005, 12:00 AM   #8
Rookie

tuch94's Arena

Quote:
Nah, HIRE ME!!! HIRE ME!!! I alone can find every problem with the game!
Sad thing is that she probably can, but hes right with the numbers thing but neverthless they should have the game in testing for longer than just a week dont ya think

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »