Home

NO SALARY CAP OPTION!!!

This is a discussion on NO SALARY CAP OPTION!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2005, 01:33 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NO SALARY CAP OPTION!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets
Anyone that doesnt want a cap isnt actually serious about keeping the franchise, so thats a non-factor.

The Cap is part of football. Its one of the rules of running a team. You cant shorten the season. You cant decide that the team with the best record shouldnt be allowed in the playoffs, just cuz you dont like them. You cant get the first pick every year, much as you would like it. You cant decide to play all games at home to increase revenue. You cant randomly take a player off another team and make him play for you. You cant sell beer at a reasonable price. Need I go on?
Dude, the point is that not everyone is interested in franchise mode, drafts, salary caps, etc. I just want to play the season with the actual rosters, period, I don't give a $hit how much hotdogs cost or how much revenue the team is pulling in. I'm sure I'm not the only one either. Why not leave the option in of just playing the damn schedule without the franchise, you know, like they've had since Madden 95 on the genesis.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:39 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli
I dont see why someone would waste time to play ONE season...i mean once your done with one season....its over....oh well.
Because I don't play the game that often to go through a season in a week, it will probably take me most of the winter. I have no interest in managing the team, I'd rather just play football, is it really that difficult of a concept to understand?

Maybe instead of posting sarcastic replies you should move on to another thread, I could reply to your post with "I don't see why someone would want to play multiple seasons with made up players wasting time setting their hotdog prices to make a ton of imaginary money? Maybe you should get a life instead of playing 50 seasons of video football/manager".................***
Old 08-24-2005, 02:13 PM   #19
Pro

These franchisers are taking over.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:25 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano
yes, but then you are stuck with bonus amounts for 7 years and you can't trade w/o a cap penalty. i try to deal smaller deals for older guys just in case they fall apart.
But if you're only going to play one season, then why would the cap penalties matter? It seems like a logical solution for people who want to play one season with a loaded roster (sort of like not having a salary cap). And since you're basically throwing realism out the door with a one season all-or-nothing shot anyway, who cares about the later ramifications?

For the record I don't play like this, but I can see the point of those who do.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:28 PM   #21
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhudey
Because I don't play the game that often to go through a season in a week, it will probably take me most of the winter. I have no interest in managing the team, I'd rather just play football, is it really that difficult of a concept to understand?

Maybe instead of posting sarcastic replies you should move on to another thread, I could reply to your post with "I don't see why someone would want to play multiple seasons with made up players wasting time setting their hotdog prices to make a ton of imaginary money? Maybe you should get a life instead of playing 50 seasons of video football/manager".................***
Don't start a personal war, because personal attacks are enough to get your banned from here. He was only voicing his opinion, which is something people do on forums.

You can do an owner mode without worrying about all the other stuff if you're only doing one season, just don't pay attention to it, it's really simple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2005, 02:29 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 8

why does someone need to turn off the salary cap if they are playing for only a season? Makes almost no sense.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:34 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 7

I dont think the CAP matters if all you want to play is one season. It makes the CAP meaningless anyway.

But I definately like games with season only modes. Seems like all games are doing away with the plain old season mode. This is fine if you can turn off CPU trades ect...... But most games you cant.

I would always run a season mode and a franchise mode at the same time. My season mode would replicate the REAL life NFL. I would mimick all NFL moves and play it identical to what is going on in real life. Then I would run a franchise where I would do my own thing.

A season only mode is perfectly logical IMO.
Minnesota Wild
Old 08-24-2005, 02:35 PM   #24
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

to ^

Control all 32 teams for one season only. That way you'll take care of all the moves and such, and wont have to worry about the CPU doing the signing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »