Home

There is "NO" AI cheating on Pro Level

This is a discussion on There is "NO" AI cheating on Pro Level within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2005, 09:59 PM   #1
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
There is "NO" AI cheating on Pro Level

Many have complained of AI 'catch up cheating'. Some of us contend it is not present on the pro level, an assertion that bolsters the theory that Pro level is the level where the ratings are accurate without any ratings boosts or ratings modifiers.

After much experimenting with sliders on Pro level and at least 20 exhibition games , I finally played and completed my 1st game in Franchise Mode.

I play as the Bucs and had a 17-13 lead against the Vikings with 4 minutes left. I was forced to punt with just under 4 minutes left and paused the game to think about all the people who have seen some crazy breaks go in favor of the CPU in this very situation. Now, I have never seen the CPU cheat or get a bunch of breaks (turnovers, impossible catches, improbable broken tackles, mysterious penalties) to help them come back in this type situation. But, they were all exhibition games and this was a Franchise game so I expected the worst. Here's what happened:

Punt is not returned as I angled it out of bounds at the Viking 27 yard line. Vikes come out in 4 wide and hit four straight short passes for three 1st downs. I'm playing Nickel with 2 safeties deep so i won't give up the big play.

But after 4 short passes and no pressure on big #11, I start to get nervous. Sure enough, he splits my safeties with a skinny post by Wiggins (TE) and I realize i better get pressure. I bltz 2 plays in a row, first with Barber, next with Bolden. The pressure causes Culpepper to throw 2 errant balls and Michaels comments that he's feeling the heat. On 3rd down, I bring everybody and leave the receivers all one on one, no safeties, no zones. The all out blitz leaves Hovan to slip through and hit Culpeeper as he throws.

Receiver had beaten Barber badly but the ball is a dead quail and Barber does what he does best, INT. I should have run it back for a TD but I pressed square to early (trying to celebrate) and dove down at the 3 yrd line. 3 runs and 0 yards later I kick a field goal to go up 20-13.

With 1:58 left, I'm sure the CPU will pull off a miracle and return my kickoff for a TD. So, I squib kick. Ball bounces around when a Viking picks it up with his back to my kick team. The second he turns around, he's hit by what seemed to be a mack truck. It was in fact, Mike Alstott. (Don't ask me why he was on the Kick team). Anyway, poor Viking road kill fumbles promptly and I pounce. Game over right? Not yet my friend.

The booth challenges the fumble and I wait to be told the runner was down on contact. I figure Culpepper will have his miracle after all. Well, the booth said the fumble was legit and I took a knee 3 times to win 20-17.

If you don't want CPU cheating, bogus penalties, phantom interference calls, and a challenge system that unfairly favors the CPU, PLAY ON PRO!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2005, 10:12 PM   #2
MVP

Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.
Re: There is "NO" AI cheating on Pro Level

I never experience any so called "come-back" glitch on All-Madden.

In fact, my defense is unstoppable in the 4th quarter.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:23 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

i smacked the packers on all-madden 50something to 21 i'm not gonna drop to pro.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:35 PM   #4
MVP

slthree's Arena

I'm glad you guys are doing fine on the level you play on. This post was for the many people who seem to think there is a CPU cheat on the higher levels.

But, I do have a question, how are you able to dominate on All Madden? Do you play a style that resembles your team in real life or do you throw on every down or have you mastered some money plays? I couldn't score 50 points on Pro and I'm pretty darn good.

I play very slowly and run a lot and prefer the short to intermediae passing game. I rarely go deep. How do you guys do it?
Old 08-25-2005, 10:43 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
I'm glad you guys are doing fine on the level you play on. This post was for the many people who seem to think there is a CPU cheat on the higher levels.

But, I do have a question, how are you able to dominate on All Madden? Do you play a style that resembles your team in real life or do you throw on every down or have you mastered some money plays? I couldn't score 50 points on Pro and I'm pretty darn good.

I play very slowly and run a lot and prefer the short to intermediae passing game. I rarely go deep. How do you guys do it?

Well i'm playing with playmakers all-madden sliders. I struggled in the pre season but for some reason my Lions were just dominate. I took 2 int's back for td's,one was 103 yard return. I passed to open up the run. I don't know how the Lions run their d i'm from NYC don't get to see them play much. But Ahmad green was hurt and so was Mckenzie so they had no running game and well you know the Lions have 4 good recievers. I didn't go deep much i just picked apart the d and when i had nobody open i got rid of the ball or dropped it off in the flats. I was only sacked twice which was the first time i've been sacked less that 5 times lol.

Last edited by HoodedSoldier; 08-25-2005 at 10:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2005, 10:51 PM   #6
MVP

slthree's Arena

On a side not, your Lions look to be much better this year. Three years running Harrington's stats have improved. the guys on ESPN's NFL show picked Harrington to make it to the Pro Bowl. Thats a strong team.

When I test sliders, I like to use them. They have a surprisingly good run blocking offensive line, 2 very good corners and that Kennedy kid (think he's the SS) hits like John Lynch.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:10 PM   #7
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30

well im killin this game in all-madden with default sliders,with the cards in my SS mode. I went undefeated, broke many recorders(ex passing yards/td, rushing yards/td etc)......but when i face my friends they always give me alot of compo. Oh yeah and i havent experience any comeback AI. I think its all in the mind of the player.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:19 AM   #8
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I haven't played '06, but I know I haven't really expeienced "come-back" AI on 2005. '03 and '04, however, are another thing. That's where "comeback AI" had its hay-day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »