Home

WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN IN FRANCHISE MODE? (Please Read)

This is a discussion on WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN IN FRANCHISE MODE? (Please Read) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2005, 06:23 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN IN FRANCHISE MODE? (Please Read)

I haven’t started my typical franchise with the Jets yet, but I simmed some seasons to see how long in would take, and what I could to about getting the Jets back home to New York. Well in 2006 I got approved to move them to New York with a new stadium. That made me really happy to know when I actually start my franchise I could do that. Yes, I do know this was in the past Maddens. I had to wait a season until I could play a game there. Here's the catch when I played my first game I could only use custom jersey's and not the original Jets jersey. The thing is I didn't create a new jersey. I could only play in the ugly jersey that was given to me with no logo on the helmet. Well I back out of my franchise and reloaded it and when I got to the create a uniform screen it wouldn't let me put the jets Logo on the helmet. When moving a team especially the Jets which like 15 miles away form New York city I should have the choice to keep my old jersey and maybe add some new one to my collection. I never changed my team name just the state so it should not make me create a jersey and lose all my old one’s.

How can we be given the option to put a NFL logo on a created team or current teams, but not accept it on the teams helmet. All it does by picking a NFL logo is give you that teams logo on the field .I don’t know why they offer something that doesn’t show up on the uniform. The rams moved from L.A to St Louis and they are still the Rams with the Rams logo. Either EA missed this or there is some type of legal thing that prevents this from occurring.
If anyone knows away around or some info about this please let me know?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2005, 10:09 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN IN FRANCHISE MODE? (Please Read)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfansiny79
I haven’t started my typical franchise with the Jets yet, but I simmed some seasons to see how long in would take, and what I could to about getting the Jets back home to New York. Well in 2006 I got approved to move them to New York with a new stadium. That made me really happy to know when I actually start my franchise I could do that. Yes, I do know this was in the past Maddens. I had to wait a season until I could play a game there. Here's the catch when I played my first game I could only use custom jersey's and not the original Jets jersey. The thing is I didn't create a new jersey. I could only play in the ugly jersey that was given to me with no logo on the helmet. Well I back out of my franchise and reloaded it and when I got to the create a uniform screen it wouldn't let me put the jets Logo on the helmet. When moving a team especially the Jets which like 15 miles away form New York city I should have the choice to keep my old jersey and maybe add some new one to my collection. I never changed my team name just the state so it should not make me create a jersey and lose all my old one’s.

How can we be given the option to put a NFL logo on a created team or current teams, but not accept it on the teams helmet. All it does by picking a NFL logo is give you that teams logo on the field .I don’t know why they offer something that doesn’t show up on the uniform. The rams moved from L.A to St Louis and they are still the Rams with the Rams logo. Either EA missed this or there is some type of legal thing that prevents this from occurring.
If anyone knows away around or some info about this please let me know?
It's a licensing thing. Apparently the NFL won't allow you to modify their uniforms and still keep the logo on them. There isn't much point to it but it's been this way for years. The second you alter something, no more logo. As far as being forced to change uniforms when you move, it's probably because there are some indications of the city you play in in the logo or on the uniform. It's not the case for most, at least not in a very visible way (maybe more teams than I can remember have the city name under the collar, I don't know). I'm also positive the game doesn't take the team and new location in order to give you options about your uniform.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:59 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
It's a licensing thing. Apparently the NFL won't allow you to modify their uniforms and still keep the logo on them. There isn't much point to it but it's been this way for years. The second you alter something, no more logo. As far as being forced to change uniforms when you move, it's probably because there are some indications of the city you play in in the logo or on the uniform. It's not the case for most, at least not in a very visible way (maybe more teams than I can remember have the city name under the collar, I don't know). I'm also positive the game doesn't take the team and new location in order to give you options about your uniform.
There was a workaround to this in Madden 2004 and 2005, something to the effect of picking a generic logo, creating uniform, the backing out and picking an NFL logo without saving. Hopefully someone can remember exactly how it is done, but it can be fixed.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:17 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

all you have to do is when you go into relocate mode...you do all of your information, then pick any generic logo. then when you go into uniform editor you can put a logo on the helmet cause it's a generic. so then dsign the uniforms the way you want then. now you won't be able to make the jets jersey but you can get it close. make sure you pick one of the logo options on the helmet. then when your done, back out of uniform editor go back to information pick the jets logo. and then go directly to finish. DO NOT GO BACK INTO UNIFORM EDITOR. Then when you move to ny you will have the jets logo everywhere you put it including the uniform and stadium.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:20 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 14

I am new to NFL so I don't know any better. But I thought Jets is already in NY or something. They are called NY Jets right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2005, 06:23 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
I am new to NFL so I don't know any better. But I thought Jets is already in NY or something. They are called NY Jets right?
No, the Jets and Giants actually play their home games in New Jersey, just outside of New York City.

In fact, the only NFL team that actually plays their home games in the state of NY is the Buffalo Bills.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:26 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
No, the Jets and Giants actually play their home games in New Jersey, just outside of New York City.

In fact, the only NFL team that actually plays their home games in the state of NY is the Buffalo Bills.
Then how come they don't call it NJ Jets or NJ Giants? Why call it NY or something. I am sorry for my questions, I am confused with the situation. Bills is my second favorite team.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:45 PM   #8
Let's Go Mets!!!

Nyrican127's Arena

OVR: 8
Thumbs up Re: WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN IN FRANCHISE MODE? (Please Read)

When the Jets first started playing in 1960 they were known as the Titans and played in the legendary Polo Grounds in Harlem. Then in 64 they moved to beautiful Queens and Shea Stadium. In 84 they moved to the new Meadowlands Sports Complex in Jersey complaining Shea was rundown and not suitable for the NFL with the intention of moving back to NYC in 89 if a new stadium was built, which never was. The Jints opened in the legendary Polo Grounds as well in 1925 until they moved to the Boogie-Down Bronx in 1956. In 73 they announced they were moving to their new stadium in the Meadowlands. The Giants spent part of 73 and the entire 74 season in the Yale Bowl in Connecticut. The Jets might move into the Giants new stadium but they also have the option of moving back to Flushing with a new stadium next to the Amazins new stadium in 2009.
New York Rangers
Florida Gators
Chelsea FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »