Home

Smarter AI? (Madden 360)

This is a discussion on Smarter AI? (Madden 360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2005, 04:39 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 14
Smarter AI? (Madden 360)

Has anyone else noticed any improvement in the AI department? I It seems that the CPU offense will exploit your defensive mistakes more now than in the past, especially in the passing game. The AI will make you pay for blown coverages, big plays don't seem as cheap. And if you make the correct calls on defense, you can stop the CPU even on all-madden. So far playing on all-madden I have seen no speed cheats, no robo qb's and no super backs.

The only problems I see so far is the CPU running game is kinda weak, maybe it's because I play with the Redskins who are OK against the run, and the o-line play is pretty glitchy. Olineman will frequently run down field and not block the d-lineman in front of them or just stand there and olay the defender.

On offense I've seen blown coverages by the cpu defense and defenders biting badly on play action but also good d-back play without the superjumps and what not. Initially people will think the game is easier, because there's less of an artificial boost, but I think it plays smarter. I broke an 81 yard TD run with Clinton portis on All-madden, which included a "getting skinny" animation, I caught them in a blitz.

Mario running is still there, but only when you completely miss the hole and run into a lineman. If you hit the hole cleanly but it's tight, you will see the "get skinny" animation. Mario running does not bother me as it does not affect gameplay, it just looks dumb. Maybe a better animation like high knees or putting you hand on the back of the lineman will help visually.

Hopefully next year they will add double team blocking and gang tackles, I miss the "clean-up" hits from the 2k series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2005, 04:53 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Smarter AI? (Madden 360)

I have seen my db's do some really perplexing things at times. Sometimes they just don't react to the ball at all or they run away from the receiver when the ball is thrown to him. I have also seen a db just run in a circle while the ball is thrown to the receiver he is guarding. I find myself watching the replay saying wtf is he doing. It can be really, really frustrating at times. I am also playing on all madden level where almost every game is really close so when these things happen it really makes me want to break the controller when I watch the replay.

One other thing I have noticed that puzzles me is the performance of some cpu quarterbacks. I have played the Bears twice and Rex Grossman played like Joe Montana both times completing almost every pass thrown regardless of the coverage. The topper was when I played the Vikings in year 2 of my franchise. Dante Culpepper was hurt and Sage Rosenfels from the Dolphins was there backup. He tore my defense a new one throwing the ball around like Peyton Manning on his best day. He also completed almost every pass he threw and this quite frankly just should not happen. A career backup should not come in and play like Peyton Manning.

For the most part I enjoy the game but some things in the game really get be a little po'ed.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:21 PM   #3
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

One thing I want to know is if they still come out in a base defense if youre kicking a field goal before 4th down
Old 12-02-2005, 04:36 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Does the a.i kick onside kicks when down by alot in the 3rd or 4th quarter?
Old 12-02-2005, 10:43 AM   #5
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
Has anyone else noticed any improvement in the AI department? I It seems that the CPU offense will exploit your defensive mistakes more now than in the past, especially in the passing game. The AI will make you pay for blown coverages, big plays don't seem as cheap. And if you make the correct calls on defense, you can stop the CPU even on all-madden. So far playing on all-madden I have seen no speed cheats, no robo qb's and no super backs.

The only problems I see so far is the CPU running game is kinda weak, maybe it's because I play with the Redskins who are OK against the run, and the o-line play is pretty glitchy. Olineman will frequently run down field and not block the d-lineman in front of them or just stand there and olay the defender.

On offense I've seen blown coverages by the cpu defense and defenders biting badly on play action but also good d-back play without the superjumps and what not. Initially people will think the game is easier, because there's less of an artificial boost, but I think it plays smarter. I broke an 81 yard TD run with Clinton portis on All-madden, which included a "getting skinny" animation, I caught them in a blitz.

Mario running is still there, but only when you completely miss the hole and run into a lineman. If you hit the hole cleanly but it's tight, you will see the "get skinny" animation. Mario running does not bother me as it does not affect gameplay, it just looks dumb. Maybe a better animation like high knees or putting you hand on the back of the lineman will help visually.

Hopefully next year they will add double team blocking and gang tackles, I miss the "clean-up" hits from the 2k series.
C0-sign
I was playing with the Eagles pre T.O suspension. I ran a fly pattern with T.O. McNabb took the snap and picked up the blitz. I threw a perfect lob for 40 yards to T.O just over the defenders head for the touch. I looked at the replay and it showed T.O. taking 5 steps and turning his head to the quarterback, which had the db jump the route. However T.O then turned back to the original position and ran downfield. That little hesitation let T.O. get space to receive the ball in the Zone.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »