Home

miraculous dbs/sfeties/lbs

This is a discussion on miraculous dbs/sfeties/lbs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2005, 10:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
miraculous dbs/sfeties/lbs

why can they suddenly swat the ball when i lead my receiver away from them and they are already 4 steps ahead of them? it seems lie kthey always have a burst at the last second to block almost all pass attempts, and it is so frustrating when i cant complete wide open deep balls, posts, etc

any tips on how to change this or coutneract it? btw im using the recommended all-madden sliders from this board
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2005, 10:43 PM   #2
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: miraculous dbs/sfeties/lbs

your last statement could be your problem. My sliders don't cause this kind of BS to happen. Not sure what your slider settings are.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
your last statement could be your problem. My sliders don't cause this kind of BS to happen. Not sure what your slider settings are.
well this happened with default sliders too...but anyway im using a modified version of football forevers, in my favor cuz with the eagles ive lsot liek my last 4 games due to many bull**** plays of 5 broken tackles, caught bombs in traffic, etc
Old 08-31-2005, 11:00 PM   #4
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by joer625
well this happened with default sliders too...but anyway im using a modified version of football forevers, in my favor cuz with the eagles ive lsot liek my last 4 games due to many bull**** plays of 5 broken tackles, caught bombs in traffic, etc
All-Madden in itself can be rough.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:29 PM   #5
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

all madden is tough, but I wouldn't play any other level. It's all about timing when throwing the ball. I love my sliders I have set, and I'm really getting a solid feel for how to play at this level, as I always do every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2005, 08:24 AM   #6
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
all madden is tough, but I wouldn't play any other level. It's all about timing when throwing the ball. I love my sliders I have set, and I'm really getting a solid feel for how to play at this level, as I always do every year.
I heard All-Madden is better this year, or maybe in your case easier.

Is it true, because I may move up.

I'm trying to get you All-Madden players to talk me into moving up, because All-Pro default is too easy. Even with adjusted sliders it's too easy, unless you put your settings almost at 0.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:52 AM   #7
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by joer625
why can they suddenly swat the ball when i lead my receiver away from them and they are already 4 steps ahead of them? it seems lie kthey always have a burst at the last second to block almost all pass attempts, and it is so frustrating when i cant complete wide open deep balls, posts, etc

any tips on how to change this or coutneract it? btw im using the recommended all-madden sliders from this board
The reason this happens is because of a flaw in the passing game. If it wouldn’t be for the defense’s miraculous tips and speed bursts and eyes in the back of their heads, then a player’s completion percentage would be unrealistically high, because the QB’s in the game are too accurate with their passes (If you’re throwing to someone in the passing cone of course). If the game took into account that many of the incomplete passes in the NFL are actually because of errant throws by the QB, where neither receiver nor defensive player can catch it, then there wouldn’t need to be this “cheating” by the defense. In the end, I believe it cancels out and you are left with a fairly accurate completion percentage at the end (can’t say the same for the computer’s QB though).

I personally would much rather have more randomness with the passes and less B.S. plays by the denfenses, but what can you do?
Old 09-01-2005, 09:54 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis38
The reason this happens is because of a flaw in the passing game. If it wouldn’t be for the defense’s miraculous tips and speed bursts and eyes in the back of their heads, then a player’s completion percentage would be unrealistically high, because the QB’s in the game are too accurate with their passes (If you’re throwing to someone in the passing cone of course). If the game took into account that many of the incomplete passes in the NFL are actually because of errant throws by the QB, where neither receiver nor defensive player can catch it, then there wouldn’t need to be this “cheating” by the defense. In the end, I believe it cancels out and you are left with a fairly accurate completion percentage at the end (can’t say the same for the computer’s QB though).

I personally would much rather have more randomness with the passes and less B.S. plays by the denfenses, but what can you do?
They are way to accurate. Not only that those db's/safeties/lb's nobody complains when their guys are the ones doing it and getting them INT's. But then in a tight game under 2 mins vs A.I all of a sudden the miraculous guys go away. What up wit dat?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »