Home

Old 09-11-2005, 04:09 AM   #1
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15
timing

Can someone help me with the timing of making the big hit to jar the ball loose from a would be receiver? What I am trying to do is lay the big hit on a wr from the safety position like John Lynch does or Brian Dawkins does. I get there in time I just can't hit the guy, its almost like the game won't let me hit him. Can someone who has success with this share the timing or some tips on how you do this. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2005, 04:49 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: timing

You have to be running at the guy full speed with turbo, you cant just be standing there and expect to lay a big hit on a guy.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:28 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I can't really explain how to do this because stick skill plays an important role. But I use and Control Roy Williams most of the time and he just seems to beable to flatten guy's regardless of distance.

I've delivered some major shots with Roy even from close range without using the sprint button. I think EA just LOVES them some Roy Williams....
Old 09-11-2005, 01:46 PM   #4
MVP

sirjam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I can't really explain how to do this because stick skill plays an important role. But I use and Control Roy Williams most of the time and he just seems to beable to flatten guy's regardless of distance.

I've delivered some major shots with Roy even from close range without using the sprint button. I think EA just LOVES them some Roy Williams....
I may have to try that. I was in practice using the Chiefs and Eagles. Maybe its because I was in practice, I hope. I was using the turbo and was lined up but it just seemed like I couldn't get the hit.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:02 PM   #5
MVP

sirjam's Arena

Thanks guys for all your help. I figured out one thing that I was doing wrong. Which was I was trying to hit the dive button to deliver the hit, which is a no, no, I should have known better.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »