Home

I think I have seen enough....

This is a discussion on I think I have seen enough.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2005, 04:00 PM   #9
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: I think I have seen enough....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
you are crazy for spending $450 on one game anyways. Every game on 360 I have seen looks great. I'm buying one for all the games.
I have'nt been able to firgure out why some ppl are cancelling 360 preorders because of Madden. I'm getting it more for the newer technology then anything. On that note, I also plan on getting PS3 for its technology.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:05 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbubs
After reading all these posts, and most of them sound real knowledgeable...I think I will hold out for Madden 2007 on the PS3.

I am not willing to take a $450.00 risk on a system and game that was just supposed to "wet my appetite" until Summer 2007 anyway. I just saw a couple of more links and it looks like that BurgerKing video is starting to hold more water than I thought. I hope I'm wrong.

I got my hot suit on. ;D

What links? I'd like to see some more footage...
Old 09-13-2005, 04:05 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I have'nt been able to firgure out why some ppl are cancelling 360 preorders because of Madden. I'm getting it more for the newer technology then anything. On that note, I also plan on getting PS3 for its technology.

same here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2005, 04:14 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Since the PS3 has a Spring release, I doubt that Madden will be the system seller. How could it be? The Madden for the 360 is definitely a system seller so it would only be common sense to think that EA is actually going all out for the 360. EA's version of "all out" is'nt much.

That is a good point. Hmmm, maybe I am giving ea too much credit in regards to them making a better version of madden for the ps3. I mean, if they make the same madden that they are making for the 360 then they should be forbidden from making sports game for the 20 years. Graphik, let's say the VC was coming out with a next generation version of espn on the next gen for 360, would you wait until the spring time to buy it?
Old 09-13-2005, 04:58 PM   #13
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
That is a good point. Hmmm, maybe I am giving ea too much credit in regards to them making a better version of madden for the ps3. I mean, if they make the same madden that they are making for the 360 then they should be forbidden from making sports game for the 20 years. Graphik, let's say the VC was coming out with a next generation version of espn on the next gen for 360, would you wait until the spring time to buy it?

I'm actually wating till spring next year to get both. Taxes baby.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:34 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbubs
After reading all these posts, and most of them sound real knowledgeable...I think I will hold out for Madden 2007 on the PS3.

I am not willing to take a $450.00 risk on a system and game that was just supposed to "wet my appetite" until Summer 2007 anyway. I just saw a couple of more links and it looks like that BurgerKing video is starting to hold more water than I thought. I hope I'm wrong.

I got my hot suit on. ;D

EA ports from the weakest hardware so if the PS3 is superior (for graphics) then what you see for the XBOX 360 version this year is what you will see for the PS3 version next year. It is likely going to be the same engine for another 5 years.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:35 AM   #15
Rookie

minorthing's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
My question is will the PS3 version and the 360 version be the same, or will EA port the, possibly improved, PS3 version onto the 360 when the PS3 comes out. If the PS3 comes out in the spring that would mean the 360 could get another madden in less than a year. My bet is the PS3 version will be the same as the 360 version and we might not see a significantly improved madden till 2007.
Exaclty, the madden 06 for PS3 will be the same as madden 06 for 360. That's how it has always been with consoles--both get pretty much the same game with a slight variation in graphics. I don't think the next gen madden will actually be "next gen" until next fall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2005, 07:37 AM   #16
Rookie

minorthing's Arena

OVR: 2

BTW, I wouldn't get all worried about Madden on 360 just yet. The website that posted these pics, and video is not a trustworthy source. Wait until ign puts something up or EA for that matter, something that is official.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »