Home

Calling all you complainers out!

This is a discussion on Calling all you complainers out! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 09:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Calling all you complainers out!

Ok First, I like to say If your happy with the maddens series all these years.. hey good for you. I got no problems with you.. everybody has different taste I dunderstand that.

I have problem with people complaining about madden, EA or tiburon. People Calling them lazy among other things, then they turn around and pre order the latest madden. Its BS and you know it. If you really wanted a better game you would stop buying it! There is no other way! EA is the only company making an NFL game for five years.. so either STFU and welcome madden as your game for the next five years.. or you make a statement and don't buy the game...
if you thought that the xbox360 Vid was garbage.. the only way EA is going to know that, is when they see how many they sold. No amount of bitching is going to help.. the power is in your pocket.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2005, 10:00 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Calling all you complainers out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomER
No amount of bitching is going to help...
Likewise starting a thread like this, if you think about it.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:01 AM   #3
Rookie

minorthing's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
If you really wanted a better game you would stop buying it!
EA has no competition. Therefore, if you don't buy Madden, you wont be playing an NFL football game. And that is something that many fans are not willing to deal with. Even last year though when there was NFL 2k5, a lot of people bought madden becasue of it's ties with NCAA. I don't hate Madden or EA (although the rosters should have been updated sooner) but I don't think it's easy for an NFL fan who has always played football games to just stop buying them.

Quote:
The only way EA is going to know that, is when they see how many they sold. No amount of bitching is going to help.. the power is in your pocket.
I agree with you here. And this gets back to what you were saying above. If people are really that upset at EA and hate their games that much, then don't buy them. I know I wouldn't if I didn't feel they were worth my money (although $50--no game is worth that much money--VG companies have screwed us for years). I suspect however, that many of the people complaining about EA and Madden, are more talk then they are action--if they really hated the Madden series, they wouldn't buy it or play it. Some people just love to complain though--ex. no matter where you live, someone is always bitchin about the weather.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:04 AM   #4
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Ok First, I like to say If your happy with the maddens series all these years.. hey good for you. I got no problems with you.. everybody has different taste I dunderstand that.

I have problem with people complaining about madden, EA or tiburon. People Calling them lazy among other things, then they turn around and pre order the latest madden. Its BS and you know it. If you really wanted a better game you would stop buying it! There is no other way! EA is the only company making an NFL game for five years.. so either STFU and welcome madden as your game for the next five years.. or you make a statement and don't buy the game...
if you thought that the xbox360 Vid was garbage.. the only way EA is going to know that, is when they see how many they sold. No amount of bitching is going to help.. the power is in your pocket.

Why do ppl even waste they're time with post like this. I mean, how certain are you that ppl who complain actually have bought Madden this current gen as well as pre-ordered the 360 version. Look around the forum man, there are plenty of ppl who cancelled 360 pre-orders based off the Madden vid. (Why Madden was the reason for buying a 360, I will never understand) Your post is basically stating the obvious.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:16 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

I'm just gonna steal them for the next 5 years.

hehe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2005, 10:35 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

Although I applaud your passion to keep up the good fight as I myself did for as long as I could let me give you what I like to call the "blackceasar breakdown" so you dont have to waste your time posting another thread like this...... It goes like this...

---Madden is the only football game in town. If you want an NFL game, this is it. There are no conspiracy therory loopholes, no Johnny Cochran type attorney moves, and no Supreme Court rulings that are going to change the NFL/EA liscensing deal.

---Although Madden for the mostpart IS a recycled game with a few gameplay tweaks and gimmicks thrown in, it DOESNT suck. Madden has never really sucked just as 2k has never really sucked..Madden just might not be your first choice of game if there were competition..heck it wouldnt be mine, but nevertheless its the only NFL game in town.

---The "dont buy it" / "fight club Project Mayhem" chant is tired and useless. EA could care less what you do with your 49.99. Its almost like a drug dealer who lost an addict because he went to Betty Ford and cleaned himself up. For every addict that gives up the drugs, 5 more are hooked the next day...which is why drug dealers arent standing outside of detox clinics begging you to buy some more rock and fall off the wagon. EA is not going to be standing in your front yard with picket signs begging you to reconsider your choice and to buy thier game again. I hate to tell you this but only in the movies does the little guy win. Come back to the real world and realize that people with the money and power win. The NFL season is in full effect now and a good half the people who said months ago what you are saying now are edging closer and closer to caving in and buying Madden. Trust me, EA isnt worried about a handfull of people trying to "stick it to the man".

Please dont take it as a flame, because I do agree with you. I hate EA for the deal and I hate that Madden is a recycled product every year for the most part.. BUT it doesnt suck, its just more of the same and the same aint bad, just wish it were more. Do I own Madden? Yup I sure do just like 99% of other people in the Madden forums do. Would have I chose 2k6 over Madden? Probably so but the reality is there is no 2k6 and I'm a NFL videogame junkie so when 2k Sports wasnt able to supply the form of "crack" that I crave, I go to the 2nd best dealer down the street. To me video game football is like food. Madden is a plate of peas, and 2k was a big phat steak. Now I dont really care for peas but there is no steak and Im not gonna starve this football season.

You should have read older posts first before starting this thread. You are repeating what alot of us were saying 6 months ago.

Last edited by blackceasar; 09-15-2005 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:40 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

If I don't see some improvement in upcoming videos I will be cancelling my preorder before the 360 launch.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:46 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

you guys go ahead and not buy Madden because you are pissed off. Punish your self by not having a football game to make a point. Seriously, there are far more important things in life to worry about than there only being one football game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »