Home

Madden psp impressions --should I buy?

This is a discussion on Madden psp impressions --should I buy? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2005, 04:09 PM   #9
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Madden psp impressions --should I buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry0211
Don't worry about it, some people around here can be asses(way to into "posting"! Thanks for the impression!
Everyone settle down, I don't want to see the word *** in this thread again. Thanks
Old 09-22-2005, 04:39 PM   #10
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

The gameplay is good. I like the control; especailly on D. I had 14 tackles w/ my LB in a 5 min/Qtr. game.

There are some frame rate issues when throwing toward the sidelines, but it marginal. Turning off the commentary helps the other game pause issues.

The depth is nice. The practice squad feature is needed in the console/PC version. You can now carry a 63 man roster in your franchise.

The best thing about it is of course is that it is portable. You can play it on the can if you want.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:54 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzicc
Figures a Patriot fan --- I'll see you on the field at Heinz this weekend ---We can always beat you in the regular season... (3 time AFC CHAMP game losing witness here)

BTW that other thread does not specifically mention Impressions in the title which is what people look for (also that thread sort of degenerated just like this one)...

Noone hates a thread going off topic like this one has and I am the culprate, I will let it go and get down to business....after I find the time to actually play the game. The only thing I can add is that MVP angered in me in the first few days with the bare bones season mode and pauses and sluggishness, but I got used to it and I have a feeling I will get used to it again with madden...only time will tell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2005, 01:36 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

My copy has a freezing problem.....after I finish a game in my franchise, my psp just shut off itself in the "loading" screen.........is this a common problem? Should I take it back to exchange for another copy? Or does all copy have this problem?.......
Old 09-23-2005, 07:30 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanedw
My copy has a freezing problem.....after I finish a game in my franchise, my psp just shut off itself in the "loading" screen.........is this a common problem? Should I take it back to exchange for another copy? Or does all copy have this problem?.......
that has happened to me too. i think its a real bad bug, but not sure.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:39 PM   #14
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

I have been hearing more and more about this freezing problem. I assume it only happend in franchise?? I dont know because I have yet to start one. If its with every copy, this sucks.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:32 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

it's happened to me as well... it seems the more consecutive franchise games you play without powering down your system (or exiting the game back to the PSP menu and restarting) increases the chances of encountering the freeze-powerdown thing...

I save at halftime every franchise game, and upon completion just in case...
thats going to get old real soon...

I played my first online game today...
the guy didn't know how to play football, I beat him 24-3.

drop back and deep bomb pass that's all he did.

btw...playing this game online is awesome.
maybe I can play some of you guys for an actual football match sometime...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2005, 11:53 PM   #16
Rookie

jerry0211's Arena

OVR: 4

I just bought the game yesterday. It has its good points and bad points, but overall it is an ok simulation football game for a portable system, meaning if you expect something close to console system graphics and loading then you will be disappointed. The animations and fluidity of the game are its strong points as is precision passing and franchise. The bad is definitely the loading times, but not a game killer. It really doesn't bother me that I have to turn off commentary to make the game faster/smoother, because Michaels and Madden are just horrid to listen to every year! For $50, the game, for me, was not worth it. The price for these games should be brought down to $30 or $40 max for the quality of the games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »