Home

Official Madden 2006 Team and Playbook Strategy

This is a discussion on Official Madden 2006 Team and Playbook Strategy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2005, 09:09 AM   #1
Rookie

tuch94's Arena

OVR: 8
Official Madden 2006 Team and Playbook Strategy

On this thread you can post your different strategys for winning a game of Madden such as certain plays for situations or good plays that you have found effective for you. Also you could include tips for choosing playbooks as well as underrated players that come in handy during an online and offline game. Anything that can be used to better the madden experience and make the games better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2005, 09:10 AM   #2
Rookie

tuch94's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Official Madden 2006 Team and Playbook Strategy

Team: Ravens
O-Playbook: Ravens
D-Playbook: 4-6 Bear

My strategy with the Ravens is to pound the ball early with Jamal Lewis, basically you want to truck stick him through the line as much as possible to keep the ball moving and to make the D blitz. Try the Blast from the offset-I formation, that works best for me, you can also use dives. I try not to run outside with Jamal only with Taylor because his speed to the outside is better. The key with using the Ravens is to control the ball on offense and take it away on defense. Once you establish the run game, you can use playaction to Mason deep or to Heap running a short out or slant pattern. On defense you will not need to Blitz everytime, rather play a Zone coverage because their D is so fast, you can pick the ball off constantly while stopping the run. I opt for the 4-6 bear for the Ravens because when you want to blitz, thats the best defenseive scheme that utilizes their stregnths at linebacker. Special teams is decent, nothing to note there.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I play as the Eagles and I have found that they have a versitle and explosive offense which I know is not new to anyone. I take advantage of each weapon with lethal results. It's simple really...get the ball to Owens as much as you can and let Westbrook control the clock. The TE Smith is also a great weapon to help control the ball. I eat up a lot of clock time.
On defense I am very agressive just like the real life Eagles team. I blitz a lot because my corners, Brown and Shepard, are good enough to leave in man coverage. I use a lot of packages on defense. I have a rotation for run and passing downs and it works well.
The Eagles have great front line players but depth is a problem. I have my injury slider set very well and I get anough injuries to make it hard to put the same team on the field from week to week which I think is realistic in the NFL.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:47 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

tuch94, your forgot to add regarding the Ravens to shift the D-Lineman so that there is a hat on a hat covering the guards and center so that Ray can roam free to be a beast like he is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »