Home

Madden 360 Gameplay footage Browns vs Pitt

This is a discussion on Madden 360 Gameplay footage Browns vs Pitt within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2005, 12:05 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 360 Gameplay footage Browns vs Pitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck2303
Minor Graphics boost are you blind?This is a huge upgrade in graphics not to mention they finally made the players bigger which was Maddens downfall compared to 2K.Plus they are rushing this game out so expect Madden 07 for the 360 to be flawless.
It's a major graphics boost for Madden... But not for videogames in general. For people who have been spoiled by 2k5's triple pass-rendering and textures, this is kinda ho-hum. Let alone what we've seen from other launch titles for 360. It's better than any football game we've seen, obviously, but not jaw-dropping in context.

... Also, don't hold your breath on that "flawless" Madden 07. (But maybe you're just using hyperbole.)
Old 10-05-2005, 12:11 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 26

Nice... much better than I expected after the BK videos. Big upgrade in graphics -- and I can't understand why some people are saying otherwise. And I like the presentation. It's different, but I get what they are going for, and it works for me. Gameplay is the next question obviously.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:14 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberstabone
For people who have been spoiled by 2k5's triple pass-rendering and textures, this is kinda ho-hum.
That's all I played, 2K4 & 5. But this isn't ho-hum in comparison. It's a step up without question -- certainly with the lighting, atmosphere, colors, textures and general sense of being immersed in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2005, 12:26 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
That's all I played, 2K4 & 5. But this isn't ho-hum in comparison. It's a step up without question -- certainly with the lighting, atmosphere, colors, textures and general sense of being immersed in the game.

OK. I'm just not feelin' it, personally. I think "somebody" could do a lot better. Again, if this was the only thing I'd ever seen for the 360, I'd probably be impressed. But I've seen other games...
Old 10-05-2005, 02:04 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberstabone
OK. I'm just not feelin' it, personally. I think "somebody" could do a lot better. Again, if this was the only thing I'd ever seen for the 360, I'd probably be impressed. But I've seen other games...

I don’t quite know what the hell to think at this point. I see some screen shots and they look pathetic. Then I see others that look pretty darn good. Same with the limited vids we’ve seen so far. Some are horrible others not bad. But honestly, so far, even the best screen shots haven’t blown me away—and that’s all on EA. Their statement that Madden would look BETTER than the draft day CG vid set the bar. And for me to purchase a $400 system and pay $60 for the game, it had better greatly exceed anything on the current generations of consoles. Thus far I haven’t seen it.

Last edited by SemperVictoria; 10-05-2005 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:06 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 3

We've waited a loong time for some information and media...so far Ive seen 3 videos..is that it???!!! Please tell me there is more. What gives
Old 10-05-2005, 02:10 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKOO
We've waited a loong time for some information and media...so far Ive seen 3 videos..is that it???!!! Please tell me there is more. What gives
this is day 2 of the X05 event

Today is the day that people play the game .

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2005, 02:12 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Were you playing 2K5 on an XBOX ? If not then you have not seen the triple pass rendering and the textures hes talking about.

I do agree. Most info I seen on Madden 360 is ho-hum. But like a poster said above its hard to give a definate analysis as some screens and vids look great and some look down right pathetic.
Minnesota Wild

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »