Home

I BOUGHT A 42" PLASMA SAMSUNG FOR THIS

This is a discussion on I BOUGHT A 42" PLASMA SAMSUNG FOR THIS within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2005, 05:11 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: I BOUGHT A 42" PLASMA SAMSUNG FOR THIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
only monthly charge is if you have HD from your cable or satellite company. You can view regular local channels if you buy a tv with a built in HD tuner.
So if I buy a TV with a HD turner I have to also pay a monthly charge. How much is that charge usually.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:23 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfansiny79
So if I buy a TV with a HD turner I have to also pay a monthly charge. How much is that charge usually.
NO, if you buy a TV with an HD tuner you will be able to watch your local channels in HD for FREE (you just need to buy a regular TV antenna) if the show is broadcast in HD. NOt all shows are. Usually all your prime time shows are though.

Some tv's say "HD READY" when you buy them. You won't be able to pick up any HD channels with this tv unless you get an HD package from your cable company or satellite company. Direct TV charges my $10.00 per month for their HD package.

Wether you buy a TV with the tuner or just buy an HD Ready one, both will work for xbox. You can play your games in HD either way.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:29 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
NO, if you buy a TV with an HD tuner you will be able to watch your local channels in HD for FREE (you just need to buy a regular TV antenna) if the show is broadcast in HD. NOt all shows are. Usually all your prime time shows are though.

Some tv's say "HD READY" when you buy them. You won't be able to pick up any HD channels with this tv unless you get an HD package from your cable company or satellite company. Direct TV charges my $10.00 per month for their HD package.

Wether you buy a TV with the tuner or just buy an HD Ready one, both will work for xbox. You can play your games in HD either way.
Thanks Heelfan, I apperciate your help just one quick ? If i want to play my Xbox 360 with a Hd Tv then there won't be a monthly charge. The charge is just for tv channels right?
Old 10-05-2005, 05:33 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfansiny79
Thanks Heelfan, I apperciate your help just one quick ? If i want to play my Xbox 360 with a Hd Tv then there won't be a monthly charge. The charge is just for tv channels right?
yeah, no monthly charge for xbox.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:35 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
yeah, no monthly charge for xbox.
Thanks you been alot of help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2005, 06:21 PM   #22
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

I have Cox Digital Cable and the additional HD channels are only $5 a month, but they also charge $6 for the Digital Cable box (not sure if Satellite TV does or not).
Old 10-05-2005, 09:03 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 9

I pay about 110 bucks a month for HDTV channels through Comcast I have the Gold package, with HBOHD and SHOHD, ESPNHD.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:49 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKOO
It's phat. I mounted it on my wall and have it connected to HD Direct TV box which is connected to my HP media center. I have a slot open specifically for Xbox 360 and MADDEN. Suddenly my spirits have been lifted..still I would like more lengthy video to critique but so far it doesnt look half bad..rather impressive..if it looks good on a 3 by 5 inch window on my computer..I can only imagine what it will look like on 42 expansive inches on my plasma

Oh yea..if you want a good one..get the Samsung 4232..it boast 10,000:1 contrast ratio...several BILLION displayable colors...brightest and most colorful picture out there.

HAS ANYONE ELSE BOUGHT A PLASMA, HD OR DLP TV JUST FOR NEXT GEN?
The 10,000:1 contrast ratio is misleading.. It's dynamic not static.. Samsung uses the dynamic method to falsly inflate the contrast ratio.. No plasma has a true 10,000:1 contrast rating, more like 3000:1..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »