Home

The 360 stadiums are awesome...but...

This is a discussion on The 360 stadiums are awesome...but... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2005, 02:53 PM   #25
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The 360 stadiums are awesome...but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Part of my point is that they took the time and energy to put extreme detail into the stadiums... stuff you would never see while playing the game. But stuff you would see every time you run out of bounds wasn't worth the same effort. .
I am not sure if this could be part of the reason but has anyone realized that with the almighty XBOX360 and PS3 hardware there will still be limitations? Having higher quality sideline players, coaches, refs, cameramen, cheerleaders and press could seriously detract from the framerate of the game since as you have pointed out, these things can be seen from the field during the action.

In contrast to that the stadium is not seen all of the time. Therefore they could afford to put gobs and gobs of detail into that and make it photo-realistic because at the times you actually see these details you are not engaged in grid-iron action. Therefore the concerns of framerate are not there.

Could it be possible that they chose to keep the sidelines less cluttered in an effort to keep the framerate up? As opposed to the mood of this thread that they are just lazy?

Just my 2 cents!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2005, 03:21 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 25

I don't know bout that. I mean both systems are so dang powerful now. Who knows you may be right. Hopefully not though.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:37 PM   #27
Running of the Bulls

Macar91's Arena

OVR: 17

There has to be some sort of limitations, but I hope they aren't reached in the 1st game made for next gen when some features have already been stripped.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:42 PM   #28
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

Well they did strip stuff down out of 06 for the 360. I am just worried about CAP because no one has confirmed nor denied the rumor that it has been omitted. Personally, I can see how they would want to keep that under wraps for as long as possible because they know there are gamers like me who really want it in the game. It should be, it's a mainstay since 1998 or sooner.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:44 PM   #29
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
I don't know bout that. I mean both systems are so dang powerful now. Who knows you may be right. Hopefully not though.
^^well maybe if they have some movement on the sidelines, that would please everyone, for ex. just have a few players moving and the sidelines, more life, at least have some kind of interaction with players and sidelines, i dunno how but it would be cool to see the sideline with people moving or seeing a kicker warmup everytime you get into the 30 yardline, i just want some more realism to the sidelines, not a whole bunch but at least a little to add to the atmosphere, when they sub you see the player running and another coming off and then you select a play that would be cool,
Old 10-06-2005, 04:01 PM   #30
MVP

icicle22's Arena

[quote=cheddabob7502 when they sub you see the player running and another coming off and then you select a play that would be cool,[/QUOTE]

In the earliest Maddens for the Genesis you selected "normal, fast, big or hands" as your personel before each play. If you were in "normal" and you chose "fast" you would see players running on and off the field. It would slow the pace of the game down kind of like real football. I am all for that type of interaction. Especially if you are trying run a hurry up and accidentall call for a new group of personel. It eats up clock big time.

Also....In NFL2k5 they show a lot of sideline interaction via cut scenes....including the kicker warming up for a game winning field goal. Again it is in a cutscene but it is at least there.

That is good enough for me. I don't play current gen Madden so I can't comment on the sideline interaction but I know there isn't much.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:10 PM   #31
MVP

Again, I didnt make this thread to nitpick or bash...Im just saying, if they modeled individual seats and fire extinguishers, couldnt they have noticed a few flaws on the sidelines?

Also, although the sidelines are non-essential to gameplay, they are in-view and it would also be nice to see more interaction when sideline tackles occur.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2005, 04:15 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

I counted over 80 people on the sidelines in the one screen shot. And that is not including the players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »