Home

Bought A HDTV, HELP!!!

This is a discussion on Bought A HDTV, HELP!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 10:19 AM   #25
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Madden HDTV HELP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks69
I had the same problem. Go to your XBOX Live Dashboard. Make sure the three settings are set. Make sure the XBOX live Dashboard is showing. Then
you are going to do a reset for your XBOX. Hold down both the Left and right Triggers, while still holding them down push down on both anolog sticks. When I say down just make sure they both click. You should see yor picture jump for a second and you should be O.K. Let me know if this helps!

too me this seems funny.....are you seroius?
Old 10-24-2005, 10:33 AM   #26
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden HDTV HELP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks69
I had the same problem. Go to your XBOX Live Dashboard. Make sure the three settings are set. Make sure the XBOX live Dashboard is showing. Then
you are going to do a reset for your XBOX. Hold down both the Left and right Triggers, while still holding them down push down on both anolog sticks. When I say down just make sure they both click. You should see yor picture jump for a second and you should be O.K. Let me know if this helps!
So I go the xbox live dashboard or regular dashboard and set the settings at 480p,720p and 1080ie?I wonder if there is any difference between 480i and 480p as far as the picture not being scrambled..because after I set the 480p to no the game plays fine but it definently isn't hd quality or 480 quality....
Old 10-24-2005, 10:35 AM   #27

ghm125's Arena

Re: Bought A HDTV, HELP!!!

when i set 480-720 -1080....mvp does not play,but all the others do,and look very nice,cant wait till 360...why would it not work?
Old 10-24-2005, 10:40 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Alot of people are enabling 720p in the dashboard when their HDTV's don't support it.

If youre HDTV is not native 720p or will not convert it to something it does support, it will result in a scrambled picture when your Xbox plays a 720p enabled game (like MVP 2005). DISABLE 720p in the dashboard unless you know, for sure, that your HDTV can handle it. Most CRT based RPTV's do NOT accept 720p signals.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:44 AM   #29

ghm125's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondiehl
Alot of people are enabling 720p in the dashboard when their HDTV's don't support it.

If youre HDTV is not native 720p or will not convert it to something it does support, it will result in a scrambled picture when your Xbox plays a 720p enabled game (like MVP 2005). DISABLE 720p in the dashboard unless you know, for sure, that your HDTV can handle it. Most CRT based RPTV's do NOT accept 720p signals.
thats what i did ,and the picture of mvp looks sweet...i would get sound but no picture all other game show just fine,so should i just keep it set to off?(720)..... thanks for your help
Old 10-24-2005, 10:52 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghm125
thats what i did ,and the picture of mvp looks sweet...i would get sound but no picture all other game show just fine,so should i just keep it set to off?(720)..... thanks for your help
Correct. If you get sound, but no picture, it means that your HDTV doesn't accept 720p signals and can't convert them to a usable resolution (ie. 480p/1080i). You will need to disable 720p in the dashboard, then MVP will play @ 480p. Unfortunately, this doesn't look nearly as good as it does in 720p, and there are very few 1080i games for the Xbox.

For the Xbox 360, I believe I read that most games will be 720p but the console will convert to 1080i for you (I think), otherwise you'd be stuck in non-HD resolutions like 480p again.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:58 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Don't use the HDAV pack. If you can get the above Monster cables, go with that.
Someone's sipping the Monster cable kool-aid I see, hehe. Monster cables are great, if you like throwing your hard earned money away on accessories with 400% retail markup. If that's the case, I suggest picking up the undercoating, Scotchguard and pinstripping at the card dealership the next time you buy a car.

The HD kit from Microsoft is just fine, especially since you don't need an odd-ball 3rd party optical audio cable for it (like you do with Monster, milking you out of more money) and you can plug in your own higher-end component video cables to the Microsoft dongle (if the included cheapy cables aren't good enough for you, which for most they're just fine).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2005, 11:12 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Are you still having problems getting a picture?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »