Home

Madden at Crossroads?

This is a discussion on Madden at Crossroads? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2005, 01:05 PM   #33
Pro

TheProfessional's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden at Crossroads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKOO
What scares people the most is that whatever we get right now..is what we are going to stick with for the next 4 to 5 years..because once EA starts a cycle they wont change it for the forseeable future..its just how they do business.

Absolutely. That's exactly what i and adembroski stated earlier. i know people are saying we really won't be fairly judge the "next generation" Madden until 2007. That might be true, but like you said, the game they release for 360 this upcoming month, is pretty much going to be the build they tune and add upon for the next 4-5 years, for both xbox 360 as well as PS3. Because of this fact, we'll have a very good idea about whether or not EA improved the foundational gameplay or not. And that is what i care about.

And just a side note, i think people are replying to my original post thinking that i'm saying EA is regressing, or that this is the end for a once mighty game and gaming company. I'm not saying that at all. I'm simply saying i feel there's a shift in the air. More so than previous years. And that I THINK that there's basically two ways that the Madden franchise might go that's all.

I think this year's Madden, gameplay wise, is one of the best i've played in a while. However, there are flaws that still hold this game back. I feel the major criticism about EA has always been that they've never spent the extra time needed to improve gameplay, but rather spent that time adding features like superstar mode, create-a-fan. While i understand why EA adds these options. They do so because if they don't, in their mind, consumers will just think its the same game with updated rosters and thus, consumers like you and me won't go out and buy the newest iteration of Madden. Its a shame they think that way. Because if they spent a little more time improving gameplay instead of just adding mindless features, we would all have a game that we could truly be happy about. And i hope EA hears this and does the right thing. Just my humble opinion.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:08 PM   #34
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont buy it. I havent bought a Madden in 4 yrs. The point is casual fans dont think this game is "lackluster". They enjoy it because they dont obsess over suction blocking or gang tackling or hunchback player models.
Thats exactly right. I don't buy it. The only game I have bought from EA this year is NCAA 2006 (I use to buy a bunch of EA games every year). When they start releasing quality products again I will crack the ole wallet open. I guess its a personal choice, but I'm not going to shell out 50 dollars for a game that is garbage IMHO. If you don't like the game don't buy it!
Old 10-11-2005, 02:31 PM   #35
Rookie

tuch94's Arena

OVR: 8

create-a-hotdog-vender

just thot it was funny lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2005, 03:35 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
we all say, "oh it doesnt matter.. the casual's will still buy it no matter what." you know what guys, it may be a time to take a stand and just dont buy it? but whos actually strong enough, will power wise, to do that? noone. its a nonstop cycle.. everyone buys and then complains. EA cares about sales and every year you have the what if's right before launch, and everyone still buys regardless.

my point is, i think its foolish to single out casual fans for buying a "lackluster" product, when we're doing the SAME thing every year.

My strategy will to read the reviews (real reviews not IGN reviews). If madden is decent, I may be a USED copy. I will never buy a new copy of EA again even if the game is good b/c more often than not they have been a curse to the hardcore gamers. By buying used, EA won't see a penny of profit.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:05 PM   #37
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

well to anyone that wants a real review by a hardcore player like yourself with no biased opinions, i will put it up here on Nov. 22 when i get a copy, i hate other gaming sites that have very inaccurate reviews and tend to be biased towards other games, but come nov.22 i will give a full review b/c im buying the game regardless and i have played both 2k and madden so i will do my best to try to help out the ones waiting to buy or rent it b/c if it is bad i can always trade it in.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:02 AM   #38
Pro

TheProfessional's Arena

OVR: 4

Now that the Madden marketing machine is getting started. My initial reason and feelings for posting this have been re-validated with the recently released canned promotional videos.

I don't know about everyone else, but the recently released videos that were released by EA made me scratch my head. Because i'm in the marketing field and have a business background i always try to see a company's reason and angles for doing certain things.

And i had to wonder why EA hasn't released any "real" gameplay videos. Just canned clips. I think we all probably know the reason why. If they release video that shows actual gameplay footage that is bad, obviously it will hurt the "hype' of the upcoming release. Which leads me to believe the gameplay is no where near where it should be. People that have played have also actually validated that the gameplay is lacking a bit as well and needs to be polished up.

With this upcoming release i am certainly not going to be judging EA on what the game is but the potential i see. Hopefully the potential is there.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:27 AM   #39
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

since the announcement that Madden would be released on the 360 at launch, it was automatic in my head that it would be "rushed" or a "preview" of 07 and i still hold that in a firm belief. I can definatly see some big wig al be it a Microsoft, or EA saying I want the Madden game as a launch title, and the developing crew saying wtf are we going to do now? this is going to be nuts.. I can see this cause things like that happen to me all the time, not with video games but with other things in my unrelated feild of work.. Thats why when i found out they took stuff out, this further confirmed my belief cause they are scrambling to put out a playable next gen game within time constraints that are making them still rush to the final minute, all along having a full fledged on time madden 07 team going in the back ground. I just cant find it in my heart to look at these developers and think that they are being lazy or ignorant to the fans wants. I will say that is 07 is released as a roster upgrade to 06 or minor upgrade, we are going to have some drama, but for now ill take what they give and even pat them on the back for what they give us and give them a little le way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »