Home

Updated impressions from IGN, just posted

This is a discussion on Updated impressions from IGN, just posted within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2005, 10:51 AM   #17
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Updated impressions from IGN, just posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Also, people on this site seem to have a very inflated view of our influence on video game sales. If everybody on this site refused to buy madden then they would lose 33,000 out of well over 1 million sales. Thats nothing to EA.
33,000 X $60 = $1.98 million... I know that is not how much EA would lose but it would still be a substantial loss in revenue. Combine that with negative word of mouth each member here could provide and the numbers grow exponentially.

Just a thought.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:05 AM   #18
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
33,000 X $60 = $1.98 million... I know that is not how much EA would lose but it would still be a substantial loss in revenue. Combine that with negative word of mouth each member here could provide and the numbers grow exponentially.

Just a thought.
Not significant enough. What's 2 million when you make close to or over a billion dollars from that series? 2 million is nothing to EA.

Also, negative word of mouth hasnt hurt EA yet with Madden. I think most people on this board preferred 2k4 over Madden 2004 and told their friends. Did that affect the sales of Madden 2005? No.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:17 AM   #19
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Come on man. The game is gonna sell no matter what. I dont think they are being secretive. I just think the game isnt ready yet and they dont want people to pass judgment on 60 or 80% builds

Also, people on this site seem to have a very inflated view of our influence on video game sales. If everybody on this site refused to buy madden then they would lose 33,000 out of well over 1 million sales. Thats nothing to EA.

Then where is a dev interview. Why come they leave us to speculate and speculate over what we will get. These debates would go along much more smoothly if they came out and said there will be no gang tackles and the gameplay will roughly be the same. All we keep getting is small rations with no real substance with only a month to spare. If they are so sure that the game will sale anyway, why are they scared to show anything?
Old 10-11-2005, 11:20 AM   #20
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

Quote:
Not significant enough. What's 2 million when you make close to or over a billion dollars from that series? 2 million is nothing to EA.

Also, negative word of mouth hasnt hurt EA yet with Madden. I think most people on this board preferred 2k4 over Madden 2004 and told their friends. Did that affect the sales of Madden 2005? No.

I think you're wrong. Word of mouth was hurting EA or these deals would'nt of went through.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:32 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFly
I am going to stir the sh!t storm and ask - so since there is absolutely NO create player, how about other roster editing functions?

It sounds to me roster editing on the next-gen is dead, at least until next year.
Seems like it.

No CAP... way to take out the only method the gamers have to fix your inaccurate rosters, EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2005, 12:39 PM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I think you're wrong. Word of mouth was hurting EA or these deals would'nt of went through.
It was? Then why didnt that show in EA's Revenues. They had an INCREASE in sales from 2004 to 2005. Maybe word of mouth was hurting them in the sim community but how many people is that? 100,000? 150,000? Also, even in the sim community there are plenty of people who are happy with Madden and think its better game.

Finally before you label me an EA fanboy, I havent purchased a Madden in 3 yrs.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:47 PM   #23
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
It was? Then why didnt that show in EA's Revenues. They had an INCREASE in sales from 2004 to 2005. Maybe word of mouth was hurting them in the sim community but how many people is that? 100,000? 150,000? Also, even in the sim community there are plenty of people who are happy with Madden and think its better game.

While their revenue increased, likely due to more gamers on the market from year to year, their market share dropped SIGNIFICANTLY since ESPN was priced at 20 bucks. Last I heard ESPN had picked up close to 30% share (selling over a million copies no?), up from a little under 10% the year before...a 20% increase (unheard of in 1 years time btw) is what scared the pants off EA, at which point they used their resources to purchase the license. The tides appeared to be turning, and the big turn started last year.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:54 PM   #24
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

Quote:

I'm the last person to label someone so no need to worry about that. You got me on the revenues and number crunching, I dont get that deep into the business aspect. I mean, I know plenty of ppl who think Madden is trash yet they buy it and play it every year anyway because thats what they're use to. Ethier that or they're afraid of change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »