Home

Updated impressions from IGN, just posted

This is a discussion on Updated impressions from IGN, just posted within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2005, 03:17 PM   #25
T*mpl* *wls

ballerzinc's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Updated impressions from IGN, just posted

I don't get it people are saying they want good gameplay and then saying why did you take out this feature and that feature. I just want solid gameplay and from what I read the franchise mode will be great and I'm happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2005, 05:14 PM   #26
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9

y doesnt ign tell us more important info that no one knows, instead of crap we all heard a long time ago ??
Old 10-11-2005, 05:21 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 12

maybe theres no create a player cuz there is no draft classes until next year.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:29 PM   #28

OVR: 34

This game is 80-90 percent done, and will be finished for "launch." Many important aspects of this game will be overlooked in an attempt to put it out on the launch of the 360. And we know why. Money. MS wants Madden available for launch and so does EA. Why? Because the majority of people that purchase these games are uninformed consumers who impulse buy. EA and the NFL would not have made this licensing deal if they weren't certain of that, and EA and MS wouldn't have worked things out to make arrangements for their sports titles to be on MS console systems.

Irrespective of the quality of a players face scan, I want a football game I can enjoy and be challenged by. Unfortunately, we will not see this in Madden 06 for the 360.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:43 PM   #29
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Irrespective of the quality of a players face scan, I want a football game I can enjoy and be challenged by. Unfortunately, we will not see this in Madden 06 for the 360.
And how do you know this?
Old 10-11-2005, 06:00 PM   #30

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
And how do you know this?
Well...that's a good question. To me, the two most enjoying aspects of sports games are the online portion and the franchise portion. What I was anticipating was the ability to see a franchise run online. Madden 06 on the Xbox hinted at this with the ability to "spawn" franchise games online, but there is a bug that won't let you get past the fourth week.

That being said, with this game already 80-90% done, and no mentioning of online franchises, I'm a bit disappointed. Also, you can't ignore the fact that EA is chomping at the bit to get this game in by launch. They will sacrifice, and what they sacrifice may be very important to some.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:23 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think this game is going to make some people happy and other people not so much.

That is the way of things. The expression "you can't please all of the people all of the time" comes to mind.

For me, Madden 360 is looking fine. It isn't perfect, but the graphics are much better than current gen and the added animations do make just enough difference.

As for Owner Mode- never used it. Create-A-Player- barely used it. Online- hardly play any sports games online.

So this game adding more to franchise and graphics and removing these other features is fine by me, but some people desperately demand them, so it again, is just one of those issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2005, 01:37 AM   #32
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm wondering if create-a-player is REALLY gone, or if it's just buried in roster management options in the franchise mode. I find it really hard to believe they'd completely remove the ability to edit the players. If there's still a 30 year franchise, we're obviously still going to be drafting generic generated players. There's absolutely no reason we shouldn't at least have the ability to change numbers and rename those guys, even if we can't alter appearances.

I've never liked IGN as it is, so I wouldn't put it past them to overlook certain options still being available just because they aren't blatently pointed out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »