Home

Madden NFL 360 Super Bowl Edition?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 360 Super Bowl Edition? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2005, 03:59 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 360 Super Bowl Edition?

I don't know - maybe it's just me, but I don't expect the first Madden 360 to deliver much beyond the eye candy.

I think Madden 2007 (next Fall) is going to be an amazing game for both the 360 and PS3 (as it will hopefully be the second iteration of Madden on these next gen systems). I know that people don't like this kind of talk and feel that it lets EA off the hook, but, let's face it - every time we have a "next generation" of video games, the first year sports titles look good, but are unpolished. You don't see a really nice title until the second time around.

Madden was definitely like this for the PSX and PS2, and - for as great as the NFL2k series became on PS2 and XBox, it was pretty unpolished the first time around on the Dreamcast (even though I absolutely loved playing it that year, and NFL2K1 was a great game).

I guess I'm just more excited about the long term prospects of football on the next generation HD consoles. While I will be glad to play Madden 360 in November, I've been around the block long enough to have my expectations in moderation.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:10 PM   #10
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan2k1
I don't know - maybe it's just me, but I don't expect the first Madden 360 to deliver much beyond the eye candy.

I think Madden 2007 (next Fall) is going to be an amazing game for both the 360 and PS3 (as it will hopefully be the second iteration of Madden on these next gen systems). I know that people don't like this kind of talk and feel that it lets EA off the hook, but, let's face it - every time we have a "next generation" of video games, the first year sports titles look good, but are unpolished. You don't see a really nice title until the second time around.

Madden was definitely like this for the PSX and PS2, and - for as great as the NFL2k series became on PS2 and XBox, it was pretty unpolished the first time around on the Dreamcast (even though I absolutely loved playing it that year, and NFL2K1 was a great game).

I guess I'm just more excited about the long term prospects of football on the next generation HD consoles. While I will be glad to play Madden 360 in November, I've been around the block long enough to have my expectations in moderation.
People around here don't look at it like that. They think that since it's EA, that they should be exempt from these types of things. And I agree, first generation sports games (launch sports games) are ALWAYS rough around the edge, especially with the gameplay, but they get by with gorgeous graphics. NFL2K was the very definition. There was so many things wrong with that game (terrible running game, no pass rush on the CPU, unintuitive passing game, 8 direction running), but people loved it for it's graphics.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:11 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
People around here don't look at it like that. They think that since it's EA, that they should be exempt from these types of things. And I agree, first generation sports games (launch sports games) are ALWAYS rough around the edge, especially with the gameplay, but they get by with gorgeous graphics. NFL2K was the very definition. There was so many things wrong with that game (terrible running game, no pass rush on the CPU, unintuitive passing game, 8 direction running), but people loved it for it's graphics.
Thing is...From the looks so far

Madden Current Gen has smoother animations than Next Gen...HOW COULD THAT BE?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2005, 04:28 PM   #12
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
Thing is...From the looks so far

Madden Current Gen has smoother animations than Next Gen...HOW COULD THAT BE?
Delay it, get it right, make it good. I don't care if its January when it comes out.

Microsoft, however, may have a different attitude on the matter.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:35 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
Delay it, get it right, make it good. I don't care if its January when it comes out.

Microsoft, however, may have a different attitude on the matter.
exactly....people won't be mad....Rather play currnet Gen if it is smoother ....
Old 10-11-2005, 04:39 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
I like how EA supporters always are ready to concede until something else comes out later. ie., 'next year', 'ps3', 'super bowl edition', it's only '80%' done. blah blah...

cracks me up.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:50 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

not point to wait until January because if you did how many more features/improvements would 07 have just 8 months later?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2005, 05:10 PM   #16
All Star

OVR: 21

I doubt they'll back down from releasing the game on Nov. 22nd. It's near-guaranteed money, regardless of the game's quality. One, there aren't a lot of launch titles to begin with. Two, they have the only licensed football game in town, right in the heart of the football season. I think what they'll do is concentrate on dazzling people with the eye candy in hopes that it'll overshadow focus on the gameplay.

The Broncos/Raiders vid had a ton of gameplay issues you could easily pick out in just 4min (and only three plays lol), but it was damn pretty. I don't think they'll worry about the game meeting some "high standard" - I've been reading about the PSP Madden causing all types of problems on people's systems, and EA still hasn't responded to it, for example. Long as Madden 360 doesn't get to the point where it's an embarrassment, it'll get released on Nov 22nd. I just can't see them putting the fans before money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »