Home

IS THE PASSING CONE TOO EASY...

This is a discussion on IS THE PASSING CONE TOO EASY... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2005, 09:47 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
IS THE PASSING CONE TOO EASY...

it's not for me. who here has great success with this feature. i know you can turn off the cone but i like to play on even grounds with the cpu. how did you go about getting better??...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2005, 01:44 AM   #2
MVP

Re: IS THE PASSING CONE TOO EASY...

well, you those who looked but didn't offer any advice, thx...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 10-12-2005, 07:29 AM   #3
Rookie

didy's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
well, you those who looked but didn't offer any advice, thx...
Get a good set of sliders, for instance i am currently using proffesionals all madden sliders, must admit first 8 games i did throw a lot of int but you get used to it, another thing is if you are playing all madden cpu awarness should be set from 4 to 6 depending on your skill. Secondly dont just snap the ball and move the cone around hoping to see who is open rather, make pre snaps, get very, very use to your play book and around 70 percent if you do know your playbook you should know who most probably would be open, eg- if its man coverage hooks are open, if its zone then i will probaly look flats or inside pass, things like that. Also if you do choose to play all madden then keep in mind that your playcalling is everything, i have noticed that if you do manage to keep them off balance running and passing is tons easier so make sure you mix it up a lot and dont call the same plays more then 3 or 4 times which also means keep all your good plays towards the end of the game or in situations where you really need them to get your momentum going.
One of the ways i call my plays and keep the defense confused is i call what madden offers but i would also save an audible play just in case defense has called it right. Eg- If madden calls right outside run i would save run to the left audible or a quick hook, it really depends on you. To save an audible from a play calling screen click R3 button when you are in a playcalling screen. Trust me bro it works but make sure you get use to your playbook its very important, and by the way if you dont like your playbook use the BLONDETOM'S PANTHERS PLAYCALLING SHEET its from a guy at MM he did a great job. Shall you have anymore questions ask me, if i know i tell. Later baller.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:10 AM   #4
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

yes find a good set of sliders and practice, learn your playbook and it wouldn't hurt to learn 2 playbooks, play with a sorry team for franchise b/c that will teach you to learn your plays and with a team without that much talent than that helps you develop your skill too, for instance i play with the niners and they suck, but i do win games but i don't ever dominate b/c they suck, but then when i play with a better team it is easier to execute, basically depend on your skill and not your teams talent b/c anyone can throw bombs with the raiders but once you take that away force them to put together a drive. then when that happens well, enough said
Old 10-12-2005, 05:29 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

Here's my 2 cents. I've only used the Jets as yet but as former rl QB I love the cone, I've kinda always played with an imaginary cone anyways. Pennington's got high AWR setting so he's pretty easy, but ive done well with Fiedler too.

Here's my advice , b4 play decide whos primary look, 2nd, 3rd etc. Fix cone to primary (r trigger + rec button on x box). After snap use same combo of buttons to swap recs ,if primary not open, flip to 2nd then 3rd (if protection allows it).

LEARN PLAY BOOK and PRACTICE as said b4.

Also, if middle looks like it will be open pre-snap , fix cone to look straight ahead.

Another tip, if say your certain its man coverage and u want to go to right side receiver on say corner..fix cone to left receiver b4 snap , and just b4 you throw , swap cone to receiver you're throwing too..irl a safety look off..it really works well sometimes.

Hope this helps in some way
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2005, 05:55 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 14

Never focus on a receiver in the redzone, keep your cone focused straight ahead and scan with your eyes for the open receiver. It's so congested that defenders will break on your pass really fast if you focus on 1 receiver. I threw 90% of my interceptions in the redzone.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:55 PM   #7
MVP

thanks fellas!...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »