Home

IGN concerned with EA's Xbox 360 lineup- Madden included.

This is a discussion on IGN concerned with EA's Xbox 360 lineup- Madden included. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 11:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
IGN concerned with EA's Xbox 360 lineup- Madden included.

Here is a quote from an IGN article titled: "X05: The Big Picture"

I hadn't seen it on here yet, but it definitely does not sound promising for any of EA's upcoming games.

"EA's games, on the other hand, shine in some areas, but fail to impress in others. Madden 06 features some of the best character models on the 360 to date. The level of detail on each player, each field, and seen in the volume of animations, is impressive from a strictly graphic standpoint. FIFA also displays excellent facial expressions and emotionalism from each player. But there is no owner mode or create a team or character in Madden on 360, and only a single season mode in NBA Live, and in all of the sports titles, from Madden to Live to FIFA to Tiger Woods, the games all look and feel like they're half way done. They're relatively empty of features, bells, whistles, and whatnot, and those are all the things EA has trained us to look forward to and enjoy annually.

EA's five launch games show EA's inability to deal with such a high volume of games simultaneously on a new system, coupled with very late final dev kits, which is a common and very real complaint among all developers. Additionally, EA has admitted their games are building blocks for the future, meaning the next iterations will be significantly better. Guess that means Madden 07 on 360 and PS3? Sure doesn't seem like that monopoly on the NFL franchise is working out so hot in its first year.

EA's games are mixed bags, and for any fans expecting the greatest Madden or Live or Tiger ever, I'd be very wary indeed about buying these games."

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/658/658313p3.html

Last edited by NCHelix; 10-13-2005 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Added Link
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2005, 11:59 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: IGN concerned with EA's Xbox 360 lineup- Madden included.

I knew there was a reason why I was holding off on a 360 until the '07 sports lineup drops.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:07 AM   #3
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

NBA2K6, PGR3 and Top Spin 2 will keep me busy till 2007 (fall 06) when EA finally gets a chance to finish their 360 line-up. Unfortunatly for EA, that means every other sports game will have evolved another entire year as well...with the exception of the NFL game.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:42 AM   #4
DickDalewood

OVR:

Well, that articles states the games feel halfway done because they have left out features, such as owner mode, franchise mode, etc. If that's the ONLY reason they feel half done, then I could care less, because I'm perfectly happy with a single season mode. Creata-a-player, create-a-team, and owner mode are all things that I never really use anyway...

I just want to be able to play the game, and if the game is good, you can count me in...

Old 10-14-2005, 01:59 AM   #5
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Well, that articles states the games feel halfway done because they have left out features, such as owner mode, franchise mode, etc. If that's the ONLY reason they feel half done, then I could care less, because I'm perfectly happy with a single season mode. Creata-a-player, create-a-team, and owner mode are all things that I never really use anyway...

I just want to be able to play the game, and if the game is good, you can count me in...
I thought Madden was going to have a franchise mode.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:27 AM   #6
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
I thought Madden was going to have a franchise mode.
It does have a franchise mode, but the owner mode is not incorporated into it. I hate misinformation.

Old 10-14-2005, 02:31 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah, Madden 360 has a 30 year franchise, it's NBA Live which only has a single season mode.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:48 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

All the extraneous fluff that IGN seems to make a good sports game are entirely inconsequential to me, and I'm more than happy to see owner mode, superstar mode, and any other mode that doesn't involve on-the-field play go right out the window and never come back. On the other hand, there are legitimate concerns about what sort of condition the actual gameplay is going to be in for all of EA's title. We will have to see.

Besides, I'm not going to take any reviewer who thinks "emotionalism" is a word very seriously...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »