Home

New Preview 10/14/05

This is a discussion on New Preview 10/14/05 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2005, 04:50 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: New Preview 10/14/05

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
I agree with Spank. It's not that people are 2K fanboys or want to rip Madden.

If you really believe that...that would make you quite naive...That is a very evident fact IMO...Not encompassing every bit of criticism, mind you, but rather a LARGE portion of the criticism is exactly attributable to those two factors. Its no secret that ESPN2k5 had a bigger following on this forum and was the preferred game in 2005...Hell..I even preferred ESPN2k5 in 2005....So with thois factors now being put out there I'm in no way suprised that the majority of the criticism cannot be taken very seriously due to the existance of a predisposition by the consumate 2k Fanboy and EA *****.

I'm ar from a EA fanboy or major supporter of EA...I'd love to see a whole game and all the video proof that the game will meet all of my perfect ultra-realistic qualifications but I'm smart enough to also not be duped into believing all I hear and see...Particularly when the game is not complete. The only true measure will be seeing the game in person on MY 360, connected to my HDTV with 5.1 DD surround sound...Once I get that then I';ll meticulously dissect the gameplay and have some definate opionions. But to assume that anyone can have a valid opinion thats worth anything based on 3 minutes of canned, chopped up video of the game at varying stages of development...Is..welll..Its assanine...I see a great looking game that has excellent potential...Outside of that I have to wait to form an opinion...Some of the naysayers and haters are simply far too gullible.

Ask yourself this though...How many petitions were started when the MLB baseball contract went exclusive???...Did that get the same response to the NFL contract going exclusive???

Last edited by Mikejones1964; 10-14-2005 at 04:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2005, 05:24 PM   #42
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejones1964
If you really believe that...that would make you quite naive...That is a very evident fact IMO...Not encompassing every bit of criticism, mind you, but rather a LARGE portion of the criticism is exactly attributable to those two factors. Its no secret that ESPN2k5 had a bigger following on this forum and was the preferred game in 2005...Hell..I even preferred ESPN2k5 in 2005....So with thois factors now being put out there I'm in no way suprised that the majority of the criticism cannot be taken very seriously due to the existance of a predisposition by the consumate 2k Fanboy and EA *****.
I'm curious as to how you can separate yourself from others that preferred 2K over Madden. And how do you differentiate between genuine disappointment and 2k fanboy, EA bashing?

I can't remember a single complaint about Madden... or 2K for that matter, that wasn't valid. The problem is, people discredit other's complaints if what they're complaining about isn't deemed important by them. I see just as much, "You're complaining about that little thing? That's not important!" as I see complaints. People don't realize that we all put different value on different things.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:32 PM   #43
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

I'm ar from a EA fanboy or major supporter of EA...I'd love to see a whole game and all the video proof that the game will meet all of my perfect ultra-realistic qualifications but I'm smart enough to also not be duped into believing all I hear and see...Particularly when the game is not complete. The only true measure will be seeing the game in person on MY 360, connected to my HDTV with 5.1 DD surround sound...Once I get that then I';ll meticulously dissect the gameplay and have some definate opionions. But to assume that anyone can have a valid opinion thats worth anything based on 3 minutes of canned, chopped up video of the game at varying stages of development...Is..welll..Its assanine...I see a great looking game that has excellent potential...Outside of that I have to wait to form an opinion...Some of the naysayers and haters are simply far too gullible.

Ask yourself this though...How many petitions were started when the MLB baseball contract went exclusive???...Did that get the same response to the NFL contract going exclusive???

You're taking this fanboy jibberish wayyy to seriously man. Sure, there are some haters but to generalize everyone into a fanboy/***** catergory is stretching it. All you're doing by despising 2K fanboyism is making yourself look like you're on the other team. So what does that say about yourself?
Old 10-14-2005, 05:39 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'm curious as to how you can separate yourself from others that preferred 2K over Madden. And how do you differentiate between genuine disappointment and 2k fanboy, EA bashing?

I can't remember a single complaint about Madden... or 2K for that matter, that wasn't valid. The problem is, people discredit other's complaints if what they're complaining about isn't deemed important by them. I see just as much, "You're complaining about that little thing? That's not important!" as I see complaints. People don't realize that we all put different value on different things.
My ability to seperate myself is from the perspective that I have both criticized and praised EA when need be...They have made some mistakes IMO in the past and they have done som great things as well...Thise factors then allow me to keep the next gen discussion of their cyber football offering in perspective.

I do not have overly lofty expectations because there are many variables to coinsider that will not allow this patrticular version to be the best we will see...and thats a good thing IMO. Its all about perspective and expectations. Many people lodging complaints and making decisions after a whopping 3 minutes of video or a few screenshots are seriously lacking in perspective and expectation...The other side of that is the consumate 2k fanboy (and trust me there are a lot) is predisposed so no matter what the are gonna hate the game...They are only here to make that proverbial attempt t pee on your cornflakes.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:45 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
My ability to seperate myself is from the perspective that I have both criticized and praised EA when need be...They have made some mistakes IMO in the past and they have done som great things as well...Thise factors then allow me to keep the next gen discussion of their cyber football offering in perspective.

I do not have overly lofty expectations because there are many variables to coinsider that will not allow this patrticular version to be the best we will see...and thats a good thing IMO. Its all about perspective and expectations. Many people lodging complaints and making decisions after a whopping 3 minutes of video or a few screenshots are seriously lacking in perspective and expectation...The other side of that is the consumate 2k fanboy (and trust me there are a lot) is predisposed so no matter what the are gonna hate the game...They are only here to make that proverbial attempt t pee on your cornflakes.

There are fanboys,haters, and defenders of both games. Why can't 2k fans critique Madden? For years every sport or hobby has been critqued to some standard; to some thing that was either great or considerd good for that time.You have football teams always being measured by some old great team. The same goes for basketball, Tennis, baseball , boxing and any other sport. Comparison will always be made and no one in this forum can tell the other they are tired of hearing it. Maddden, video games and any other footabll games or sport game is a hobby to some. To others it is a cash cow because some take gaming serious enough to compete in tournaments to make money. So yes if there are haters or fans, the game needs to be measured by some thing. Now that Ea has the rights in the next few years you can only measure it to it. I like to hear the comparison of both games myself. I think the game needs to be critqued until it can't measure up to any former opponets. If this is business as some have stated by EA don't you think they were critiquing there opponets. So why in the world can't ppl compare video games. Businesses do it every got dam day. I work for a hospital and we follow the competion of other hospitals on the regular. Stop teling ppl what they can't do. If they want to bash Madden then let them they have there reasons and vise versus. The videos were sent out to be judged if they weren't we would not have all these videos by all these different companies all the time. Every thing must be measured to some degree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2005, 06:55 PM   #46
DickDalewood

OVR:

Wait... what's this thread about again??

Ohhh, that's right, the preview of Madden. I got confused because the whole topic turned into another debate about Madden/2k fanboy garbage...

It sure would be nice if at least one of these thousands of threads could stay on topic. Oh well though, one can hope...

Old 10-14-2005, 07:04 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Wait... what's this thread about again??

Ohhh, that's right, the preview of Madden. I got confused because the whole topic turned into another debate about Madden/2k fanboy garbage...

It sure would be nice if at least one of these thousands of threads could stay on topic. Oh well though, one can hope...

You are so right but if ppl want to make comparison or say what they feel was great or greater in another game. It should not bother the next person. Read it and keep it moving that's all. I like what Madden 360 is looking like but I should be able to compare it to what every I want.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:07 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman17
You are so right but if ppl want to make comparison or say what they feel was great or greater in another game. It should not bother the next person. Read it and keep it moving that's all. I like what Madden 360 is looking like but I should be able to compare it to what every I want.
The mods are on record in stating that eople continuing to make the comparison to 2k will be taking a timeout from the forum...So its not me...explain your desire to continually gloat over 2k to the powers that be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »