Home

Madden 360 info in new Xbox IGN Mailbag.

This is a discussion on Madden 360 info in new Xbox IGN Mailbag. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2005, 12:26 PM   #49
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:
Re: Madden 360 info in new Xbox IGN Mailbag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
Still you are worrying about me and my money......End it
No, I am concerned about your incessant whining when you don't get what you want. Money has nothing to do with it.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:33 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
Deejay I agree with you. We don't know what the difference will be and I highly doubt this game will be a port from the 360 to Ps3. As I said before, I am waiting to make my choice on consoles. Who's really to say that the ps3 will be better then the 360. No one can do it. They are 2 different animals to develop for. So that's my stance. I will buy Madden 07 for the Ps2 for a while and then I will see what games/consoles are better a few months past madden 07 release and then decide what the story is...
Well..If its not gonna be a port are you suggesting that EA/Tiburon will make two separate versions of the game for each individual console???...History suggest otherwise…In fact, history tells us that its likely that the game will be made for the 360 (as is the case currently) and then ported to the Ps3. PS3 has no true release date and from a programming perspective the minute Madden 360 drops next month they will have likely started work on Madden 2007. What are the chances they (Tiburon that is) will then all of a sudden scrap all the things they will have learned on the 360 to enter unchartered programming waters with a PS3 as its benchmark platform?...hell some speculate that the Ps3 won’t see a US launch until possibly 2007. madden comes out in August, right?

If I was a betting man I’d be thinking that the familiarity with the 360 and the programming ease would all spell that Ps3 gets a port..Both games will be great and both systems will still be great but if anyone thinks that the Ps3 will be some sort of madden savior they are fooling themselves.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:35 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
No, I am concerned about your incessant whining when you don't get what you want. Money has nothing to do with it.
The hell are you talking about?....you done yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2005, 12:40 PM   #52
Rookie

I thought EA generally built on the PS2 and then ported to Xbox. Does anyone know if this will change? My gut tells me the PS3 version will be better, because they have much more time to develop.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:40 PM   #53
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejones1964
Well..If its not gonna be a port are you suggesting that EA/Tiburon will make two separate versions of the game for each individual console???...History suggest otherwise…In fact, history tells us that its likely that the game will be made for the 360 (as is the case currently) and then ported to the Ps3. PS3 has no true release date and from a programming perspective the minute Madden 360 drops next month they will have likely started work on Madden 2007. What are the chances they (Tiburon that is) will then all of a sudden scrap all the things they will have learned on the 360 to enter unchartered programming waters with a PS3 as its benchmark platform?...hell some speculate that the Ps3 won’t see a US launch until possibly 2007. madden comes out in August, right?

If I was a betting man I’d be thinking that the familiarity with the 360 and the programming ease would all spell that Ps3 gets a port..Both games will be great and both systems will still be great but if anyone thinks that the Ps3 will be some sort of madden savior they are fooling themselves.

couldn't have said it better myself, and thats what most people think, that the ps3 is gonna be a "madden savior", haven't most people realized yet that you can have the most powerful hardware but yet have the crappiest games, like for now for example, the xbox could've been pushed to limits and we could only imagine if this game wasn't a port, how it would look like,so truth fully the 360 is gonna be pushed to limits while the grillstation is just gonna recieve a port, so sorry but thats the truth
Old 10-19-2005, 12:52 PM   #54
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejones1964

You're completely misunderstanding what he is saying. He is buying an Xbox 360 because he can't stand to not have the newest console, and then he is going to trade in the 360 for a PS3 because of GTA. It's not that he thinks Madden is going to be so much better on PS3, he's buying it for GTA. It's hard to understand because I don't think most of us would spend our money that way, but he's made it very clear that the Xbox 360 purchase is solely to have Madden as soon as it comes out and then exchange it for the PS3 to have Madden and GTA on the same system.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:55 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by noles32789
I thought EA generally built on the PS2 and then ported to Xbox. Does anyone know if this will change? My gut tells me the PS3 version will be better, because they have much more time to develop.
Maybe you can help me understand your logic because I really do want to understand where your coming from in believeing that a Ps3 Madden will be a better game than a 360 Madden…lets not even worry about the fact that Tiburon will have had one almost 2 years of programming with the 360 and that the Ps3 will enter the race late…lets not even consider that boith of these systems are arguably a wash in terms of what we will receive graphically and performance wise.

Now that we can just ignore all those minor details…How do you propose that the Ps3 version will…in your words “ be better”…What do you expect to be better?..How will the game be different on the ps3 than it will be on the 360?...Do you believe that EA/Tiuburon will make a different game on the Ps3 than thay will on the 360?

Finally what are your thoughts on the historical angle…meaning while there is no doubt that XBOX was a far superior system than the Ps2 but EA continued to port the game from Ps2 to Xbox?

No matter what your response is I’ll offer this..The games on each system will be identical..The only difference will be likely what controller you prefer and what system has the etter online capabilities and service. Aside from those factors Madden will be the same on Ps3 or 360. But hey..maybe you can convince me otherwise…I’m all ears bro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2005, 12:56 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
You're completely misunderstanding what he is saying. He is buying an Xbox 360 because he can't stand to not have the newest console, and then he is going to trade in the 360 for a PS3 because of GTA. It's not that he thinks Madden is going to be so much better on PS3, he's buying it for GTA. It's hard to understand because I don't think most of us would spend our money that way, but he's made it very clear that the Xbox 360 purchase is solely to have Madden as soon as it comes out and then exchange it for the PS3 to have Madden and GTA on the same system.
Correct man...I may try that GOW game out on 360 also...

Thats all I was saying

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »