Home

Some hd vids of madden on teamxbox

This is a discussion on Some hd vids of madden on teamxbox within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2005, 11:10 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Some hd vids of madden on teamxbox

People who can make a decision that any game sucks merely based on videos alone are pretty dense...I mean lets just take a short look at history of this same 360 game...The BK commercials to the videos today...BIG change, right?

I tried to tell all these naysayers and doubters from the git go that we were seeing alpha and early builds in certain videos and screens...hell even what we are seeing now..I'm not sure that its beta..In anycase my point is..Look at the improvements we have witnessed 1st hand...meanwhile the consumate 2k guy...Who has already made up his mind that he hates and is not buying the game continues to say the same old lame things...Pretty shallow and childish IMO.

I've never been a gamer who chose one company over the other..I enjoyed Gameday pn the Ps1, the NFL2k series on Ps2 and Xbox, Madden on all platforms..I've owned Sega, Sony and MS consoles..I've given pretty much every football game claiming to be a sim a try no matter what and if it was nice I gave it its props...ESPN2k5 was a fairly solid game..I enjoyed it and I wish 2k was able to continue with the NFL..BUT..Thats all over and EA is what we have and as a pure football fan I will remain optomistic until otherwise...EA has made excellent games since MVP 2004...everything with the exception of Madden 2005 and their LIVE series has been excellent..More importantly their 2006 lineup has been the best in the history of their company and Madden 2006 current gen is the best football sime ever made IMO...It still was not up to par in several areas but in looking at the total package IMO still the best football sim ever on the market.

I simply don't understand the pre-determined, pre-judged hating that goes on because some meathead feels like EA wronged them vbecause they n=may never see their favorit developer make a football game for a long time...Why not enjoy what you have as opposed to pining over what yo don't have...Anyone who just keeps it real and comments on the visuals has got to at least say.."Well, it sure LOOKS good"..If you are not doing that you fall into these categories:

1. Expectations were far too high for next gen
2. 2k Fanboy
3. Hates All EA games
4. Trolling
5. Not a football fan

Is there an outside chance that someone truly may just not like the game and what they are seeing...surely..But IMO I have yet to see anyone who has had blanket criticism be clear on what they are so unhappy about or disappointed with...We can't be disappointed on gameplay cause we have yet to see it enough to have a legit comment...Animations???...well your not gonna see all the game has to offer in a few video snippets...you';ll have to play the game...All I've seen is alot of IMO unjustified criticism..But I will say this as of late I've seen far more people changing their tune because they have to be honest that the game looks(emphasis on LOOKS) hot.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:15 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
MikeJones, I've been looking through this forum and everytime I see you post, you're calling someone a troll because they point out a detail they'd like to see, or something they're wary about in the game. You always call them a troll. How come everyone that's worried about the game, putting their opinion out for an intelligent conversation about whether or not they should throw down the money for an X360 plus this game, but you always interrupt it and call them a troll. We get it, you think that this game is going to be the best game ever. But not everyone thinks that. EA hasn't been the best deliverer of games recently, putting in broken features (Draft Class 2005, I think that's the year) and not really listening to the fan base all that much.

All I'm saying is that not every person that comes on here and talks about the game in a negative light is "a 2k fanboy".
I have no idea what the game will be like because I have yet to play it so you are incorrect in you assessment of my comment...I've been very clear that IMO the game LOOKS great and its quite clear IMO that there are a faction of people who are pre-disposed to not like the game for an obvious set of reasons...At this point those persons are trolls because all they will do is every thread chime in about how unhappy or disappointed they are with a game they are not going to purchase or on a more laughable level have determined from screens and videos that the game is the same or not a decent game...Again that whole concept IMO is dense.

Anyone who looks at the game being honest has to give it its visual props and to sit here and say gameplay is not good is completely idiotic because none of us have played the game.

We know they hate the game..We know no mater what they will hate the game..Now maybe they can just go spread their misery and ill wiull elswehere because several million of us will be quite happy with the current media and having a more positive outlook on what to expect.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:16 AM   #19
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejones1964
People who can make a decision that any game sucks merely based on videos alone are pretty dense...I mean lets just take a short look at history of this same 360 game...The BK commercials to the videos today...BIG change, right?

I tried to tell all these naysayers and doubters from the git go that we were seeing alpha and early builds in certain videos and screens...hell even what we are seeing now..I'm not sure that its beta..In anycase my point is..Look at the improvements we have witnessed 1st hand...meanwhile the consumate 2k guy...Who has already made up his mind that he hates and is not buying the game continues to say the same old lame things...Pretty shallow and childish IMO.

I've never been a gamer who chose one company over the other..I enjoyed Gameday pn the Ps1, the NFL2k series on Ps2 and Xbox, Madden on all platforms..I've owned Sega, Sony and MS consoles..I've given pretty much every football game claiming to be a sim a try no matter what and if it was nice I gave it its props...ESPN2k5 was a fairly solid game..I enjoyed it and I wish 2k was able to continue with the NFL..BUT..Thats all over and EA is what we have and as a pure football fan I will remain optomistic until otherwise...EA has made excellent games since MVP 2004...everything with the exception of Madden 2005 and their LIVE series has been excellent..More importantly their 2006 lineup has been the best in the history of their company and Madden 2006 current gen is the best football sime ever made IMO...It still was not up to par in several areas but in looking at the total package IMO still the best football sim ever on the market.

I simply don't understand the pre-determined, pre-judged hating that goes on because some meathead feels like EA wronged them vbecause they n=may never see their favorit developer make a football game for a long time...Why not enjoy what you have as opposed to pining over what yo don't have...Anyone who just keeps it real and comments on the visuals has got to at least say.."Well, it sure LOOKS good"..If you are not doing that you fall into these categories:

1. Expectations were far too high for next gen
2. 2k Fanboy
3. Hates All EA games
4. Trolling
5. Not a football fan

Is there an outside chance that someone truly may just not like the game and what they are seeing...surely..But IMO I have yet to see anyone who has had blanket criticism be clear on what they are so unhappy about or disappointed with...We can't be disappointed on gameplay cause we have yet to see it enough to have a legit comment...Animations???...well your not gonna see all the game has to offer in a few video snippets...you';ll have to play the game...All I've seen is alot of IMO unjustified criticism..But I will say this as of late I've seen far more people changing their tune because they have to be honest that the game looks(emphasis on LOOKS) hot.
Nice post, but I'm kinda disappointed on the jump from current gen to next gen. Maybe I was expecting too much, but I was expecting a stop closer to photo realism, and the only couple of things I see that lead to that are the stadiums and the player faces. I'm not commenting on the gameplay, because I assume that it won't change much from Xbox to X360. It does look good, but... not as good as I think it could be. Maybe looking at NBA 2k on X360 has jaded me... that's the step I was expecting. I don't know when I'm getting the X360, but I probably won't be getting Madden with it... I mean, Madden 06 for the Xbox is the best Madden I've ever played (even after 2003, that game was fun!) and I'll probably just play that still.

I understand what you're saying about blanket criticism, and I agree. But I don't know how to feel about this game without any real media... Even with Madden and NCAA 06, IGN had Masterbit Theaters with a quarter of play and you could get some impressions from that. I do think that EA is worried about this game, based on the small amount of gameplay and vids that have dropped on us.

Just a question, would you call me a troll for these posts in this thread?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 10-22-2005, 12:45 PM   #20
Rookie

Troll or not. I am making my statements from what I have seen and heard so far. And so far it is very underwhelming imo.

The runningback video more or less confirms that the physics in this game are still a joke. The animations still look prescripted and at times you see player vs player interactions were they don't even touch but bounce off some invisible force field.

I bet the ping pong HB is still in the game bouncing back and forth on the oline.

Sure it's a higher resolution and have larger textures thus yielding a bit better detail, but that is just about the only thing that is "next gen" about these vids.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:59 PM   #21
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Ok, the "rbsizzle" video really is not that great. The superbowl one looks good but that's cause it's not ingame.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2005, 01:16 PM   #22
All Star

OVR: 32

The next person who trolls or attacks another poster is taking a break from the forums.

Let's get this thread back on topic. I thought the RB video was pretty good, and the Super Bowl video looks great although I question how in-game it all was, particularly the announcer.

Something else I noticed about the Super Bowl video. The Eagles apparently have a #22 in their backfield, although we haven't had anyone wear that number since Duce Staley left 2 years ago.

Last edited by TheLetterZ; 10-22-2005 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:36 PM   #23
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9

the running back vid look good and the super bowl, well u can tell its def ingame engine its just the announcer is prob not real
Old 10-22-2005, 03:15 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU
the running back vid look good and the super bowl, well u can tell its def ingame engine its just the announcer is prob not real
The RB video ws nice..Finally going over the pile is in the game (bout time EA)...It will be nice to see a more interior running game because thats exactly where Madden was its weakest...Hop[efully they have eliminated the mario running and now RB's can get skinny or make more realistic interior moves.

The animations look great and if you really break the video down you can see some new animations...So far...so good. The RB's don't look as completely fluid as I would like to see them but they look MUCH improved over what we have seen in the last several weeks and we have no idea what build these videos are coming from...They could be pre-beta..In any case..Nice

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »