Home

Some hd vids of madden on teamxbox

This is a discussion on Some hd vids of madden on teamxbox within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2005, 01:09 PM   #33
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Some hd vids of madden on teamxbox

I think too many people jump on the "you're a *****" bandwagon. For most people, the point is, Madden will visually look great. There's no denying that. BUT, gameplay is the key thing, and from past EA experience, that's what everyone is weary of. If the DB's still jump 6 feet in the air, and 58 rated QB's pass for 500 yard games, and the OL blocking is atrocious, and you can't return punts, it doesn't matter how good it will look. Gameplay will still be in the Madden 01 stage. That's all I'm personally looking for. Yeah, game looks great, now how's the gameplay?
Old 10-24-2005, 03:31 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 3

Yo..I think the HD Vid with McNabb looks better than the artist render. I hope you guys no that they werent trying to display gameplay with this vid..rahter..they were allowing us to compare the theatrical artist render vid where strahan sacks McNabb..to a similar vid..but made from the actual game..and not the render..it seems clearer..and just better looking over all..the movement of the players lacks some fluidity...and the models still arent proportioned realistically..they simply are too bulky.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:11 PM   #35
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

If they could somehow get the in game announcing to be like that, that would be a huge leap towards adding some real atmosphere to the game and might end up being the biggest improvement to the game. I was pumped up watching that clip.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2005, 04:17 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

I find-it hilarious that someone who just got here last month is calling someone else a TROLL.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:30 PM   #37
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
I find-it hilarious that someone who just got here last month is calling someone else a TROLL.
What does that have to do with identifing a troll. I could be here a week and still be able to point out a troll.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:37 PM   #38
Banned

I think part of the issue is that a next gen system can handle more than just improved graphics..we want revolution..we want to get away from mo capping everything...we want the next big thing in gaming.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:51 PM   #39
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKOO
I think part of the issue is that a next gen system can handle more than just improved graphics..we want revolution..we want to get away from mo capping everything...we want the next big thing in gaming.
And you will get that......JUST NOT THIS YEAR!!! Am I the only one who remembers when the PS2 came out? Madden looked great that year but played horribly because the hardware was new. Same thing could happen this year.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:30 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
And you will get that......JUST NOT THIS YEAR!!! Am I the only one who remembers when the PS2 came out? Madden looked great that year but played horribly because the hardware was new. Same thing could happen this year.
How do you know that we won't go all Gen with mo-capped animations and not physics-based game engines?

If EA is not going to communicate with its hardcore audience and give them assurance that they are working towards pure simulation gaming, then you can't criticize anyone for speculating that we will remain at status quo. EA needs to engage in Q and A's and address gaming issues that hard core fans have had with the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »