Home

Some hd vids of madden on teamxbox

This is a discussion on Some hd vids of madden on teamxbox within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2005, 12:06 PM   #65
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Some hd vids of madden on teamxbox

Here we go again

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2005, 12:12 PM   #66
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejones1964
Is there an outside chance that someone truly may just not like the game and what they are seeing...surely..But IMO I have yet to see anyone who has had blanket criticism be clear on what they are so unhappy about or disappointed with...We can't be disappointed on gameplay cause we have yet to see it enough to have a legit comment...Animations???...well your not gonna see all the game has to offer in a few video snippets...you';ll have to play the game...All I've seen is alot of IMO unjustified criticism..But I will say this as of late I've seen far more people changing their tune because they have to be honest that the game looks(emphasis on LOOKS) hot.
I've seen plenty of people point out exactly what they're disappointed with. I'm one of them.
  • The player models, while quite detailed, are not proportioned correctly.
  • The animations, even though we've been promised 3X the number of animations, are still in the same style as current gen.
  • Neither the graphics or animations have reached the level of the pre-rendered vid. The player models were well proportioned, and the animations were smoother. Again, things look sharper and more detailed in these vids, but the realism is not there.
  • Madden has always leaned towards the arcadey, cartoony side imo. But they claim to be a sim. I think many of us thought that EA would attempt to make things more realistic looking for the 360, but they seem to be heading down the same path as before, thus the disappointment.
But it seems like complaints are never justified when they contradict the thoughts of those that think the game looks great. Almost every complaint I've seen has said almost the same thing. Funny how there has to be an "outside chance that someone truly may just not like the game and what they are seeing".

Maybe my expectations are too high. I expected realistic graphics, animations and gameplay on the 360, especially after seeing the pre-rendered vid. No, I can't see the gameplay, but it doesn't mean as much if I don't like the graphics or animations. Beta, early build or finished product, EA is not going to change it's style in the middle of development. And their style still seems to be on the cartoony side.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:33 PM   #67
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Madden has the same problem... half the players on the field are blurry.

http://previews.operationsports.com/...0&picNumber=15
But those players are in the background. In the NBA picture, the player and ball are ultra-detailed, but the basket, just inches away, is blurry. It baffles me how people can be so unimpressed with the Madden pictures, yet eat this kind of stuff up.

Old 10-25-2005, 12:47 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
But those players are in the background. In the NBA picture, the player and ball are ultra-detailed, but the basket, just inches away, is blurry. It baffles me how people can be so unimpressed with the Madden pictures, yet eat this kind of stuff up.
Obiwan..I sense a divergence in the force. The reason why people are impressed with NBA 2k6 is because the player models look much like their real life counterparts...they are PHOTO REALISTIC. Madden is not PHOTO REALISTIC..it is detailed, crisp but phot realistic it is not young jedi.

EA developers need to watch some football and realize that players are not nearly as THICK as they are portrayed in their game..they need to slim them down.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:50 PM   #69
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKOO
Obiwan..I sense a divergence in the force. The reason why people are impressed with NBA 2k6 is because the player models look much like their real life counterparts...they are PHOTO REALISTIC. Madden is not PHOTO REALISTIC..it is detailed, crisp but phot realistic it is not young jedi.

EA developers need to watch some football and realize that players are not nearly as THICK as they are portrayed in their game..they need to slim them down.
So, I guess 2k developers need to take art classes and learn about perspective. Objects in the foreground do not contrast like depicted in the picture jmood posted. But it came from VC, so its good no matter what, right?

I guarantee there would be complaints about Madden if the players were ultra detailed like that NBA player, but the ball was as blurry as that basket was.

Old 10-25-2005, 12:52 PM   #70
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
In real life things that are further away from the focus point get gradually softer and more blurry. It's called depth of field. When done right it looks absolutely natural. What I notice in a few of the Madden photos is that there seems to be a cutoff point where everything beyond it is out of focus exactly the same amount. In the NBA shots it seems more gradual and therefore more natural. Still in realtime when playing the game I doubt this will be even noticable.

Peace!
Old 10-25-2005, 12:56 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
So, I guess 2k developers need to take art classes and learn about perspective. Objects in the foreground do not contrast like depicted in the picture jmood posted. But it came from VC, so its good no matter what, right?

I guarantee there would be complaints about Madden if the players were ultra detailed like that NBA player, but the ball was as blurry as that basket was.
Obiwan..youve gotta be kidding..2k5 and other versions were criticized..complained about, picked apart and many Madden gamers who switched to 2k initially hated the gameplay and complained about it. VC takes their lumps..the difference is they at least try to respond to gamers complaints. We dont see that same kind of effort from EA.

but the other major difference is VC just knows how to make player models proprtionaly realistic..they do it consistently game in and game out..2k5 they were actually a bit thick like Madden IMO but for the most part they do a great job. Also with lighting..late afternoon games in 2k5 were gorgeous..we can see their graphical prowess once again in NBA 2k6...we would all Love EA if they could duplicate this quality...it can be done Im sure..EA has the resources..we are all just upset that they wont do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2005, 01:00 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
I see what you're saying, but if the focal point is somewhere in the center (in this case on Stoudamire) then objects in the background AND in the foreground (including the basket) would be blurry.

On a side note, Madden will ALWAYS have bulkier, cartoonier graphics because that's what appeals to a large part of their demographic-- younger ones.

VC is more "niche-oriented" and tries to go the ultra-realistic route.

One more thing, I think the recent SB vid (although obviously not "in-game" with all the quick camera cuts and angles) looks better then the pre-rendered Strahan/Eagles vid from the standpoint that the pre-rendered one doesn't look like a broadcast but looks like FILM. Like NFL films or something... Heh, now that would be cool, if after the season, they could show a season highlight package of your team with actual replays, but rendered with that "movie-like" NFL films/pre-rendered Strahan vid look to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »