Home

Effectively running with LT

This is a discussion on Effectively running with LT within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2005, 05:42 PM   #1
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6
Effectively running with LT

I am 13 games into my fantasy franchise. I am Oakland with Norv Turner's Playbook and have LT as my running back. I am average 3.7 ypc and have a very very good OL. My question is, how do you effectively run with him. He really isn't a power back (with is what Turner's playbook is focused on). Is he best inside or outside the tackles? After this season, should I change my playbook to better suite him, such as using SD's or another teams?

I don't think it is my sliders either. I am playing on Heisman and my friend is averaging 4.1 ypc with Deuce McAllister with an OL probably a tad bit worse than mine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2005, 05:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Effectively running with LT

LT can do it all to be truthful, however his STRENGTH is outside runs, but you can still pound him between the tackles just fine.

TToC
Old 10-22-2005, 05:49 PM   #3
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTesh
I am 13 games into my fantasy franchise. I am Oakland with Norv Turner's Playbook and have LT as my running back. I am average 3.7 ypc and have a very very good OL. My question is, how do you effectively run with him. He really isn't a power back (with is what Turner's playbook is focused on). Is he best inside or outside the tackles? After this season, should I change my playbook to better suite him, such as using SD's or another teams?

I don't think it is my sliders either. I am playing on Heisman and my friend is averaging 4.1 ypc with Deuce McAllister with an OL probably a tad bit worse than mine.
There's you're problem...you're palying on a level that doesn't exist in Madden...the system is obviously cheating.

I'd try plays that give you ability to run inside or outside...i.e I form, HB Slam, or off-tackle plays. Or try strong-I, counter plays.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:56 PM   #4
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
There's you're problem...you're palying on a level that doesn't exist in Madden...the system is obviously cheating.

I'd try plays that give you ability to run inside or outside...i.e I form, HB Slam, or off-tackle plays. Or try strong-I, counter plays.
Ah, apparently I cannot multi-task while typing and listening to college football.

I have tried alot of what you said. My OL is great pass blocking, but blows run blocking
Old 10-22-2005, 06:33 PM   #5
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

Hey don't feel bad, LT has averaged below 4.0 in 2 of his 4 NFL seasons thus far. You're right on pace of what LT actually does.
This is why again, I constantly wonder why people are ready to proclaim as the best to ever play.

But your...I'm assuming you mean all-madden level, not heisman, is fine. As it is possible to run the ball and play an outstanding game on that level. You have to realize, be patient, you never know when you might break something and those numbers come up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2005, 06:37 PM   #6
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
Hey don't feel bad, LT has averaged below 4.0 in 2 of his 4 NFL seasons thus far. You're right on pace of what LT actually does.
This is why again, I constantly wonder why people are ready to proclaim as the best to ever play.

But your...I'm assuming you mean all-madden level, not heisman, is fine. As it is possible to run the ball and play an outstanding game on that level. You have to realize, be patient, you never know when you might break something and those numbers come up.
Never heard someone proclaim him the best to ever play. I have her he's the best playing, and I agree...but I don't know who you're referring to that's saying he's the best to ever play. He could end up as one, and I think he will, but we'll see.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:38 PM   #7
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Try this ( i don't know if this ios how you run anyway.) lay off the sprint button till you are in the open field. If you use it while still trying to find the hole your cuts are slower. Just use LT natural speed till you get to the opening then add the sprint to seperate from tacklers. That is how I fun and I have about 1200 yards in 9 games with rock cartwright and the skins (portis is out for the year torn ACL damn preseason.) I hope that helps a little.

But stats don't matter is he helping you win?

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 10-22-2005, 06:41 PM   #8
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
Never heard someone proclaim him the best to ever play. I have her he's the best playing, and I agree...but I don't know who you're referring to that's saying he's the best to ever play. He could end up as one, and I think he will, but we'll see.
It was an exaggeration, everyone else exaggerates on this board. I might as well join the party.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »