Home

360 player editing?? Yay or Nay?

This is a discussion on 360 player editing?? Yay or Nay? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2005, 09:19 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 360 player editing?? Yay or Nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptObvious
...also big on ankle tape for some reason, covers up the awkward looking shoes (though these appear to be MUCH better in the 360 version)
Glad to hear I'm not the only one with an "ankle tape fetish." Players just look faster and "cleaner" with it.

Not having the ability to edit players kinda blows. It means you're stuck with the artist's intrepretation of any given player, and, if its off (to your eyes or the world's) you can't do anything about it. It also limits your creativity and personalization which is one of the things XBOX 360 is supposed to be all about.

Its also a big blow to the franchise mode since I assume its randomly generated draft classes leaving you with no room to at least mimmick a real college draft class with editing. Its just hard to imagine going back to drafting "Tyrone McGee from Baylor" to be your QB of the future instead drafting the NCAA draft class guys like Vince Young and Matt Leinart.

Hopfully editing is in there next year.

Arena Football
NBA 2K6
C. Hoops 2k6
PGR 3
DOA 4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2005, 12:04 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm sure there will be roster editing, since they are releasing a roster update the day the game launches, there are obviously roster files. There would be no reason to have roster files, if you couldn't edit the rosters.

Player editing is not in. Roster editing most likely is.

To me, that's fine, since I don't remember editing anything with players, since their exact look doesn't bother me all that much.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:57 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptObvious
Thats not entirely true...EA can release updates when they see fit to do so.
If you want to play next year's game with updated rosters and rookies, you have to BUY next year's game. That's my point. Also, EA updating rosters for the current game means people needing to download them, meaning people needing to PAY to download them. That's my other point. Clever $tuff on EA'$ part.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:03 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpro
No player editing is unacceptable!
It’s only unacceptable if the people who believe it’s unacceptable, then go out and purchase Madden on November 22. It’s the new gaming frontier and all part of the ‘exclusive deal’. Those NFL rosters are now the exclusive property of EA. You think they’re going to let next-gen gamers create their own free roster updates? No way. You want all of next year’s rookies? Then purcha$e next year’s game, my friend. You want updated rosters throughout the year? Then download EA’s rosters… for a fee.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:19 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDallas40
Not having the ability to edit players kinda blows. It means you're stuck with the artist's intrepretation of any given player, and, if its off (to your eyes or the world's) you can't do anything about it. It also limits your creativity and personalization which is one of the things XBOX 360 is supposed to be all about.
Well, the ultimate “creativity and personalization” gaming technology – the PC – has witnessed the removal of a number of key customization features from Madden throughout the years: play creation and editing; ability to assign CPU custom playbooks; ability to create custom seasons; ability to edit player names, positions, numbers, colleges; etc. So no, none of this has anything to do with Xbox 360 and the limitations/non-limitations of the technology. It has to do with a conscious choice on EA’s part to ensure that gamers are unable to edit EA’s exclusive NFL rosters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDallas40
Hopfully editing is in there next year.
Yes, that’s what they’ve always relied on: gamer’s “hope for next year”. It’s called “Marketing $trategy”.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:05 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Yes, that’s what they’ve always relied on: gamer’s “hope for next year”. It’s called “Marketing $trategy”.
Could you plea$e give the dollar $igns a re$t? We get your point and it'$ getting annoying. Thank$!
Old 11-04-2005, 08:09 AM   #31
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHelix
I'm sure there will be roster editing, since they are releasing a roster update the day the game launches, there are obviously roster files. There would be no reason to have roster files, if you couldn't edit the rosters.

Player editing is not in. Roster editing most likely is.
That's a huge question mark. With the roster updates it really doesn't become an issue until after the season when the updates stop. No matter what football game you have, a lot of people loved to create the next draft class and restart their franchises until next year's game came out. Editing player attributes is a huge part of that as well.

I know EA must not like people creating next year's draft class but 99% of those people still pick up next year's game. This won't become an issue until after the Superbowl but could become huge at that time.

I personally don't care about their gear, just their ratings. The free agent pool is usually filled with bums or retired guys that desperately need to have ratings adjusted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2005, 09:15 AM   #32
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
MN: Even though the create a player feature is not in this game, will we still have the ability to edit existing players?

JS: No, sorry, with the level of detail of everything related to the player (faces, helmet, facemasks, equipment, body shapes, muscle tone, etc.) we focused on getting the NFL as right as we could before opening it up to editing and creation.

... taken from MaddenNation Interview with Jeremy Strauser
I know I am grasping for straws here but everything he mentions is in reference to "player look" and not abilities. Is there even an outside chance that this could still be accesible? Maybe??? Please???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »