Home

New IGN Madden 360 Videos

This is a discussion on New IGN Madden 360 Videos within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 08:05 PM   #113
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: New IGN Madden 360 Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpdump66
Can anyone even fathom that millions of people like Madden for what it is and don't want it to change?
Back in 1990-91, I used to have some friends who were DIE HARD Tecmo Bowl guys and refused to believe that anything (namely Madden) could be a better game. Didn't matter to them that there were only 4 plays to choose from, or that a graphically better looking game had come along.

I think the whole thing is kind of ironic, given that those same guys are now DIE HARD Madden fans, who pretty much don't care that EA/Tiburon is holding the genre back. My friends were wrong in 1991-92, and they're still wrong now, IMO.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:19 PM   #114
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Back in 1990-91, I used to have some friends who were DIE HARD Tecmo Bowl guys and refused to believe that anything (namely Madden) could be a better game. Didn't matter to them that there were only 4 plays to choose from, or that a graphically better looking game had come along.

I think the whole thing is kind of ironic, given that those same guys are now DIE HARD Madden fans, who pretty much don't care that EA/Tiburon is holding the genre back. My friends were wrong in 1991-92, and they're still wrong now, IMO.
LMAO @ your arrogance. You're telling people their opinions are wrong. If I think Madden is a perfect game that needs no change, you are nobody to tell me I am wrong.

Old 11-11-2005, 08:22 PM   #115
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsdog
believe it or not vick does break touchdown runs sometimes in real life , you sound like a moron

And that is going to get you outta here QUICKLY. We know what Vick does in real life. Read what he said contextually and UNDERSTAND what he is saying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2005, 08:41 PM   #116
Rookie

simsdog's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
And that is going to get you outta here QUICKLY. We know what Vick does in real life. Read what he said contextually and UNDERSTAND what he is saying.
theres alot of complaining going on here lb, i understand that nobody wants to see quarterback running take over the game but it does happen on some plays and we shouldn't use that play as evidence that the game is going to be bad. agree?
Old 11-11-2005, 08:45 PM   #117
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
theres alot of complaining going on here lb, i understand that nobody wants to see quarterback running take over the game but it does happen on some plays and we shouldn't use that play as evidence that the game is going to be bad. agree?
Well, to come to ZXLT's defense, he never said the game was going to be bad. He just stated that there were some things that were starting to scare him.

That still gives you no right to refer to him as a moron. Next time, you'll take a timeout from the forums.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:46 PM   #118
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
I understand where you are coming from about complaints, but the name calling can be left out of the equation. His concern is with the EASE of it. It's actually something that I'm concerned with too. Not necessarily that play since it was a designed run for Vick, but in all the passing videos the outsides are wide open for the QB's to run like 2k5. The people playing in the vids just don't take advantage of it. But we know Cheesers will
Old 11-11-2005, 08:55 PM   #119
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
But we know Cheesers will
lesson learned when playing vick.... throw spy on him, with some zone... NEVER EVER play straight man to man... i know this because i lost to my 9 year old cousin numerous times until i figured out how to stop his run game

speaking of this game, are there real voices? i thought i heard vicks real voice... very cool idea
Old 11-11-2005, 08:59 PM   #120
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

These videos were really better than the colts one but is it me or do the players seem to run like the haunch back of notre dame.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »