Home

Stat engine fixed in 360???

This is a discussion on Stat engine fixed in 360??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2005, 10:09 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Stat engine fixed in 360???

You know, this is a prime example of why I think NCAA Baseball is going to be great. EA knows the name isn't going to sell (how many people do you think are really going to be interested in NCAA Baseball?), so they really have to make a quality title. It's balls to the wall.

And just the opposite of that applies to Madden. I can't express how happy I am that I didn't invest in a 360...and how ashamed I am that things prbobably aren't going to get much better in the next 7 years. Someone has to step in...this is just awful for the consumer.

Last edited by Drew127; 11-23-2005 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:12 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
You know, this is a prime example of why I think NCAA Baseball is going to be great. EA knows it won't have a big name for itself, so they really have to make a quality title for it to sell.

And just the opposite of that applies to Madden. I can't express how happy I am that I didn't invest in a 360.
I don't know what type of relevance this has to this thread at all but how does a bad stat engine mean a game is not quality?
Old 11-23-2005, 10:19 AM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
I don't know what type of relevance this has to this thread at all but how does a bad stat engine mean a game is not quality?
If we are talking sports games, correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought a decent stat engine was a basic thing. Like cheese being a basic component to pizza...

This is next gen gaming we are talking here. There is no excuse for things that have been done right in the past to not be done right now. No excuse.

Say all you want, but if I'm putting down $500+ for a game, it damn well better be worth every penny. So I don't think it's wrong for people to nit pick. Especially if basic things are screwed up or just flat out left out of the game.

Last edited by Drew127; 11-23-2005 at 10:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2005, 10:24 AM   #12
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

Many of us enjoy different aspects in the game. some of us enjoy the franchise and seeing how our players and their performances relate to the rest of the league. we'd like to see realistic stats to completely immerse ourselves in the season so we know if we truly have a franchise back and how they compare to the rest of the league.

gameplay is all well and good, but we want a complete package. some people are turned off by no accelerated clock or no alternate camera angles. for many of us, simulated stats being realistic or unrealistic is a show stopper and we simply won't play the game. much of the enjoyment for our types is not only the gameplay, but the stats and analysis.

Quote:
Old 11-23-2005, 10:31 AM   #13
MVP

toychri's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguit
You can't change the franchise quarter length. It only asks for quarter length before you play your game... that's where you change it. There's no franchise global quarter length setting.

It's not worth it, there's no fix
Change it in the settings BEFORE you start your franchise, I don't even have the game and I know this. Set the minutes to at least 8/9 per quarter, then sim and come back to us.

EDIT - I know there is no global setting for simmed games like NFL2k, I'm just hoping the user setting affects CPU simmed games to?

Last edited by toychri; 11-23-2005 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:35 AM   #14
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguit
Many of us enjoy different aspects in the game. some of us enjoy the franchise and seeing how our players and their performances relate to the rest of the league. we'd like to see realistic stats to completely immerse ourselves in the season so we know if we truly have a franchise back and how they compare to the rest of the league.

gameplay is all well and good, but we want a complete package. some people are turned off by no accelerated clock or no alternate camera angles. for many of us, simulated stats being realistic or unrealistic is a show stopper and we simply won't play the game. much of the enjoyment for our types is not only the gameplay, but the stats and analysis.
I probably shouldn't have posted because I don't have the game, I was just trying to say that the game could still be quality even wihtout realistic franchise stats. Don't get me wrong though, I love realistic stats in franchise mode, and hope they patch it or something even though that's doubtful.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:52 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
I probably shouldn't have posted because I don't have the game, I was just trying to say that the game could still be quality even wihtout realistic franchise stats. Don't get me wrong though, I love realistic stats in franchise mode, and hope they patch it or something even though that's doubtful.
I don't have the game either, but from what I have heard about the game, and from the standpoint of a consumer, EA has just really irked me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2005, 10:54 AM   #16
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

it doesn't matter.

glad you know and you don't even have the game. do you also know that WR receptions are split up to much? in other words your 1,2,3,4th WRs all get about the same catches and TDs. that's the problem. it's not game time, it the stat engine, period.

QB stuff is a tad low, but not aweful. the WR and RB leaders are pure and utter crap and there's nothing to be done. stathogs are screwed this year. EA sucks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by toychri
Change it in the settings BEFORE you start your franchise, I don't even have the game and I know this. Set the minutes to at least 8/9 per quarter, then sim and come back to us. Until then, this is all speculation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »