Home

There is Joy in Maddenville !!

This is a discussion on There is Joy in Maddenville !! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2005, 11:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
There is Joy in Maddenville !!

After reading so many Negative things about this game I was finally able to log some time last night at my local EB ... Let me first say that you will have a very hard time going back to your ps2 or xbox to play Madden. This is one beautiful game ...The atmosphere and player models are incredible...The Models themselves are head and shoulders better than 2k6. You should get an hdtv even if its just 19 inches...it will greatly enhance your visual quality.
Gamplay .... Very Familar but altogether a very different feel . The wow factor was there for me. I was suspect after reading so many bad things.
Yes the game is stripped down and alot of feature are missing ...This comes down to what each person feels is most important in thier gamming experience. For me...no mini camp ect...no problem... ...for me it comes down to gameplay and after about 45 minutes of game play its tough to draw a total conclusion but .... Man is this game fun!! and for me it does advance the genre to the next level... It is "NEXT GENERATION GAMMING" I played a buddy on Default difficulty and this is a bit to easy I would reccomend playing all-Pro or all Madden. We had a high scoring affair but pretty easy moving the ball up and down the field on this level.
The menu screens are very easy to Navagate and the way you can sort your plays is very very cool... I got caught up in it and got called for a couple of delay penalties. The suction on the line I noticed a couple of time but by Selecting a diffent player I was able to free myself to go after Mcnabb
As the Redskins I had a ton of plays I could choose to highlight Santana Moss. wHEN PLAYING AGAINST someone the one thing we missed was the ability to overturn a call. No challenge ...That lead to heated arguments especially when my tying score replay showed Cooleys elbow land out of bounds before his feet landed in. I really didnt see any animation clitches while playing but then again ... My eyes were taking in a totally different football experience. I am sure with more time I will notice hick ups. But I dont think they will ruin my gamming experience . Little thing like seeing the players name stiched on the back of jerseys and the close ups of players faces dripping with sweat or sweat beading of forearms. The crowds are realling amazing and Lincoln Field felt like well... a stadium.....Stadiums never felt like this for me in any sports games. You really feel like a participant the way the camera roves the field and covers plays . Just very different than anything I have experienced. The questions you need to answer for yourself ... Does this game feel like next gen?...Is it fun to play ?
Does it give you the wow factor?...Do the short commings interfere with your enjoyment with what you want out of the game?
For me ... I can not wait for Tuesday.... and beyond.
The Future of Gamming looks bright
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2005, 12:37 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: There is Joy in Maddenville !!

Can the other person see what play you're picking in head to head?

Taylor34
Old 11-20-2005, 12:53 PM   #3
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor34
Can the other person see what play you're picking in head to head?

Taylor34
I know I read somewhere that you can bluff your play call... In other words, it looks like you're calling one thing while actually calling another...

Old 11-20-2005, 01:01 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
I know I read somewhere that you can bluff your play call... In other words, it looks like you're calling one thing while actually calling another...
You press X to call the play you want to run, then continue to scroll the playcalling screen and press A to select the play you want to give the appearance of running. Press Y to create a sound like you're bluffing the highlighted play. Similiar to previous bluff modes in past MADDENs I guess. After reading your mini review of the game I'm more optimistic about this 360 version.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:16 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

and i think with the the new presentation, stadiums, player models, playcalling options will let alone bring lots of enjoyment for everyone.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2005, 01:39 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin
and i think with the the new presentation, stadiums, player models, playcalling options will let alone bring lots of enjoyment for everyone.
I agree. It will be interesting to see how the sliders parallel the ones used in PS2's and Xbox's Madden 2006.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:55 PM   #7
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

thanks for those impressions

I've already decided that the ON FIELD fun factor, eye candy and immersion was what I was looking for this year based on the missing depth of off field features.

this sounds, so far, from many impressions that it has that.

I have a buddy that will be playing me most of the time head to head and I'll be on XBL so I'm looking forward to this.

Quote:
The suction on the line I noticed a couple of time but by Selecting a diffent player I was able to free myself to go after Mcnabb
good point, get caught up as a defender, move on.
Hey it happens every Sunday; guys get caught up in a block (sometimes uncalled holding). Does it suck if it looks like suction in Madden? sure, but on the whole, the flow of the game is more important than the reality of how it's implemented on the screen IMO. You rarely are focused on a single block as much as the ball and the flow of the play in general. (unless you ONLY play as one defender aka MLB) in which case I'd imagine it matters more to you.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:56 PM   #8
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Shouldn't this be in the impressions thread?

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »