Home

For those playing without an HDTV.

This is a discussion on For those playing without an HDTV. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2005, 09:22 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: For those playing without an HDTV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Spoken like a guy without an HDTV!!
LOL.

i'll be getting my 360 and a new HDTV next week. My 9-yr old 27" Admiral (wtf? lol) tv died on me a couple weeks ago, and i wasn't about to live in the past by buying a non-hdtv
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2005, 09:34 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
Or maybe you know nothing about my financial situation and simply want to cherry pick hypotheticals based on the two facts that I've given to fit your argument. Americans piss away more money on what they don't need than any other country. The sort of ridiculous perspective that you possess is what drives the problem every time.

HDTV looks better, I agree with this statement. I don't have an HDTV set because I have a fantastic SDTV set, keeping up? I don't want to purchase an HDTV set because they cost too much relative to the upgade being gained. Now you took these facts and came to the conclusion that I'm bashing HDTV because I can't afford it. Maybe I just don't piss away money like so many others feel so comfortable doing? Maybe I don't find it to be particularly worth it to throw away a perfectly good 27" Sony Wega SD set (with component inputs!) for a minor upgrade that will cost upwards of 3X what was paid for what I currently own.

I've met people like you though. They're all the same. They'll go around judging people based on what they own and when someone tells them that their entertainment system probably wasn't worth it they'll just dismiss the comment as being made out of jealousy. HDTV isn't the second coming, it looks damn good because it's a little bit sharper, but it isn't that special. If you want it and want to pay for it then good for you and your bank account but telling people off because they think the upgrade isn't huge (do yourself a favor go look up "subjective") and that it's an economically poor decision based on past trends is increadibly juvenile. I cry for our school systems.[/rant]

seriously man, if you think HDTV isn't that big of an improvement you need a new pair of glasses my friend..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 11-26-2005, 12:53 AM   #27
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
seriously man, if you think HDTV isn't that big of an improvement you need a new pair of glasses my friend..
How do you define big?

10% better? 20% better?
Old 11-26-2005, 07:28 AM   #28
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyKilroy
LOL.

i'll be getting my 360 and a new HDTV next week. My 9-yr old 27" Admiral (wtf? lol) tv died on me a couple weeks ago, and i wasn't about to live in the past by buying a non-hdtv
YOU HAVE A ADMIRAL !!!!! YOU SU#X You have a cheap TV man@@@
JOKING.. I have a 27" sylvania hahahahha.. Anyways My tv is also on the fritz...I am in the same boat about the tv though I have to wait to choose a next gen console because I can't afford the 360 and ps3..Believe me if I could I would. A couple of finds that I saw. People say the 26" Panasonic widescreen is a great budget HD monitor for 550 or so dollars. Also the samsung 27" Hd monitor is at 500.00. Most budget people are going with one of those. Or at Circuit city there is a Magnavox Hd 27" monitor for only 379 or something like that. I don't know but i am mainly getting HD for movies and videogames....Tell me what you got and how you like it....Thanks man. Have a good shopping day when you buy your new set.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:35 AM   #29
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Spoken like a guy without an HDTV!!
if you read his comments again, you may notice that he says he has both HD and non-HD sets, as do I. The difference is really not as great as most people brag about. I think those who went out and bought an HDTV because of the hype need to justify their purchase by saying how great it is. HD IS overrated!

Don't get me wrong though, HD looks good but not great IMO. Those on a budget who can't afford one aren't missing out on that much.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:17 PM   #30
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera34
if you read his comments again, you may notice that he says he has both HD and non-HD sets, as do I. The difference is really not as great as most people brag about. I think those who went out and bought an HDTV because of the hype need to justify their purchase by saying how great it is. HD IS overrated!

Don't get me wrong though, HD looks good but not great IMO. Those on a budget who can't afford one aren't missing out on that much.
It's always nice when someone gets it.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:26 PM   #31
Greatness

utexas's Arena

OVR: 32

Some guys just want to justify the cost of getting an HD TV. They are great and cutting edge, the problem arises in the lack of HD programming. But, the 360 performs well on any tv set, because the graphical engine is just so powerful.
https://www.facebook.com/thesportspreacher/
https://www.facebook.com/ipreachspor...PAGES_TIMELINE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2005, 08:23 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

lol its a classic this case only appear when people just bought something.
its like they're in love wit it and for the first month its almost impossible to think bad about that thing for them, and when other people come to complain about it,the owners are ready to fight against a whole village to prove them they are wrong.
its typical trust me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »