Home

Madden 360....Unbiased Review

This is a discussion on Madden 360....Unbiased Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2005, 12:43 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Madden 360....Unbiased Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyboy79
JB,

You didn't understand what I wrote based on your comment. EA delivers essentially a demo for xbox 360 users, while PS3 users will have the opportunity to buy a complete product at launch unlike for the 360 launch. IMO, slap in the face to 360 users.

That wasn't a SONY FANBOY POST of the YEAR or DECADE! Geez some of you guys on this board need to learn to read and comprehend.
This is what you wrote Fanboy:
"When Madden 2001 came out when the PS2 was launched it was a complete product based on what was available at the time, not stripped down.
My problem is that when the PS3 is launched Madden 07 will be a complete product, completely smacking XBox 360 buyers."

Why was no there mention of the Xbox's Madden debut-was it not as good as the PS2's? Forget that Madden 2001 just wasn't a very good game. Forget that the people at Microsoft had no control over what EA put or didn't put in the game. Forget about all the positive comments about gameplay and this graphics of this new 360 game. Forget about the fact that you don't have a 360 and have not even played the Madden game.

Now about your "problem" (besides being a little dense)-[when the PS3 is launched Madden 07 will be a complete product, completely smacking XBox 360 buyers.] So how do you know what type of product EA will spit out for the PS3? Already developers are saying that the PS3 is much harder to program for than the 360. It's outrageous to state that the same developer will make a better game for a console that's apparently going to harder to deal with. And finally, I have not been smacked by the PS3 (not sure what that means), but have been enriched by what I consider to be the best damn football game ever made. Now please address each of my points rather than make a general stupid statement.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:48 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
HumpDump,

Good post, the direction EA is taking gameplay is promising, that isn't my gripe. This version is fun to play its just delivering an incomplete product to the marketplace that gets me going. Its not like EA just received the developers kit last month; from what I understand EA has been working on stadium models etc for over a year, I believe I even read somewhere 3 years but I don't know how accurate that is.
So EA will make a complete Madden game for the PS3 because they received their kits much earlier? Man your all over the place and you have the nerve to question people's comprehension skills. Whatever your smoking, you need to cut down to half a dose. Get with it daveyfanboy.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:27 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Champ I mean chump, you need better reading comprehension my friend. I wrote COMPLETE product not vid game of the year. Major difference, learn to read.
Well obviously you think Madden 07 will be good enough on the PS3 to warrant a purchase which will still be on the same engine made by the company you are bashing now. You continue to make absolutely no sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2005, 08:20 AM   #36
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

EA has enough problems making ONE NFL game for ONE system. Theres no way they are making a proprietary PS3 version JUST for the PS3. It will be a port from the 360.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:54 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 21

The way I see it, EA is gonna HAVE to do something with the PS3 version thats gonna be more complete than the garbage we got for the 360.

Anyone who has played Madden 360 is gonna want to KNOW if the PS3 version is the same thing and if it is, that game will not sell.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:20 AM   #38
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDiddy
So my final thoughts would be, If you are a hardcore offline player who only plays franchise mode, DO NOT BUY this game YOU WILL HATE IT!!!!!
Your review helped me a lot in deciding not to buy it. I am in franchise 95% of the time, so the f'd up franchise mode kills it for me. On top of that, no accelerated clock isnt favorable either.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:44 AM   #39
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
The way I see it, EA is gonna HAVE to do something with the PS3 version thats gonna be more complete than the garbage we got for the 360.

Anyone who has played Madden 360 is gonna want to KNOW if the PS3 version is the same thing and if it is, that game will not sell.
I don't know about that. My guess is that their next release will be the standard August release for all systems.

Assuming the PS3 is out by then.

Do you really think they are going to push a Madden game in spring when if they wait 4 months or so, they can just simultaneously release all versions that are (knock on wood) finished?
Old 11-25-2005, 10:02 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 7

So if you are into playing season mode is this game a buy? Im more into gameplay/graphics. How about Nba2k6 and Nhl2k6-are they buys too?
Picked up COD2-excellent shooter and PDZ-havent opened it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »