Home

Madden 360....Unbiased Review

This is a discussion on Madden 360....Unbiased Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2005, 01:36 PM   #49
Rookie

sleepychicken's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 360....Unbiased Review

I really like the gameplay of this game. It mixes old Madden play with some stuff from the 2k games. There are definately some things missing, but overall it's a good start.

I don't even mind the stripped down features of the franchise. I didn't really care for owners mode or superstar. I enjoyed minicamp but didn't really play it that often. The thing that kills me about this game and it's franchise mode though is that I can't make any changes to it once I start it.

I played about 8 games before I started my franchise, but now that I'm started I'd like to continue to do some tweeking, but I can't. I thought surely that I would be able to adjust the AI sliders, quarter length, and penalty sliders while in franchise, but I can't. That's crappy. I shouldn't have to play 20 games against the AI to get all my settings correct before I start a franchise. Even then, as I get better, I may need to make minor adjustments.

I'll play this game for a little while longer, but will be sending it back to gamefly. I'm not really upset since I didn't purchase it, but man this game needs a lot of fine tuning and development time. I think as far as gameplay the game has a great foundation, I'm just sad that I won't have a decent "keeper" football game until next fall.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:57 PM   #50
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepychicken
I really like the gameplay of this game. It mixes old Madden play with some stuff from the 2k games. There are definately some things missing, but overall it's a good start.

I don't even mind the stripped down features of the franchise. I didn't really care for owners mode or superstar. I enjoyed minicamp but didn't really play it that often. The thing that kills me about this game and it's franchise mode though is that I can't make any changes to it once I start it.

I played about 8 games before I started my franchise, but now that I'm started I'd like to continue to do some tweeking, but I can't. I thought surely that I would be able to adjust the AI sliders, quarter length, and penalty sliders while in franchise, but I can't. That's crappy. I shouldn't have to play 20 games against the AI to get all my settings correct before I start a franchise. Even then, as I get better, I may need to make minor adjustments.

I'll play this game for a little while longer, but will be sending it back to gamefly. I'm not really upset since I didn't purchase it, but man this game needs a lot of fine tuning and development time. I think as far as gameplay the game has a great foundation, I'm just sad that I won't have a decent "keeper" football game until next fall.

You can change that stuff in franchise.

Load up the franchise. back out to the main screen, make the AI, gameplay settings you want.

Save Franchise, save your profile. Voila

I have already made a bunch of changes in my franchise.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:05 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Jaybee/Daveyboy,

Next person to call someone a name will be taking a break from the forums. No need for that.
Sorry BK, Daveyboy-This Madden game brings out the adolescent in me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2005, 09:51 PM   #52
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Sorry BK, Daveyboy-This Madden game brings out the adolescent in me.

No worries Jaybee.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:13 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
But the worst problem I'm having is that the game freezes on me, even after short play sessions, requiring me to shut off the 360 and re-start. I'm on my second copy of Madden 06 360, and same darn thing.

It could be my 360, but to test that theory, I had NBA 2K6 play itself (cpu vs. cpu) for over 4 hours. No system lookup, no problems. There's also no luckups in NHL 2K6 for me.

If it is my 360, I bought a 1 year ESA from EB- so I'm covered there, however, that doesn't appear to be the case so far. The other Madden bugs, such as the "dissappearing ball" from the QB's hands and the weird "throw a shotput pass from his stomach" thing, the occasional inability to get the game back from a never-ending stadium pan- all don't seem to be like they would be XBOX 360 hardware issues. That seems like software to me.
I've heard in the mid-west here that there was a bunch of 360's that freeze alot. In madden and Project Gotham Racing. It was actually on the news, they left the story at the guy with the 360 was mad becuase he would have to have his 360 replaced and it would take forever for that to happen.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:16 AM   #54
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumph
I've heard in the mid-west here that there was a bunch of 360's that freeze alot. In madden and Project Gotham Racing. It was actually on the news, they left the story at the guy with the 360 was mad becuase he would have to have his 360 replaced and it would take forever for that to happen.
From what I understand they are replacing defective 360's in under a week.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:31 PM   #55
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

for 60$ you shouldn't just have to "settle" for what a game delivers. You should get a solid all around game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2005, 04:50 PM   #56
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

It's amazing to me if this indeed a new engine from the ground up for madden, we are in for 5 more years of this garabage.

The fact is none of the gameplay issues of the game have been fixed nor do I think they can be fixed with this engine. Add all the little modes you can think of and the game still sucks.

-Line Play.......BLOWS(Quarter Defense still dominates the running game)
-Defensive Back Play.........BLOWS(Super Human DB jumps and speed burst to compensate for poor AI)
-Running Game............BLOWS(Running game is basically, take any running play and run outside.
-Tackling ...................BLOWS(3 Linebackers ready to pounce on a runningback, nah the RB goes into a break tackle animation with one of them taking him into the clear away from all of them.

Gameplay is the same old crap we have been complaining about forever only now it has a fresh coat of paint on it!

Now, Hopefully EA will over haul the whole thing to gear up for the ESPN agreement and since now their full efforts will be focused this Gen/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »