Home

EA Sprts ashamed at there Product

This is a discussion on EA Sprts ashamed at there Product within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2005, 10:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Unhappy EA Sprts ashamed at there Product

Rather then bitch on this subject I wrote EA a letter. Now I will admit I don't hate the game, but the features that where left out where to much. I may be in
the minority but the one that bothers me the most is not being able to challenge a play. This is not really a feature but an important NFL rule. This game also , while still looking great is nothing like the original vidios we saw
for next gen consoles. I would think that with all thenegitive press reviews and
cutomers complaints EA better make great strides in Madden 07. Do yourselves a favor and E-mail or snail mail them it cant't hurt. ashamed!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2005, 10:55 AM   #2
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: EA Sprts ashamed at there Product

Challenging it stupid. Just get the ****ing call right in the first place.

Losing owner mode was no big deal either... what a bunch of ****.

Minicamp is missed. How else can I unrealistically boost my players' ratings into the stratosphere?

The lack of a player editor/creator is much more huge. Not being about to edit Rod Smart's jersey to read "HEHATEME" really kills my replay value EA! What gives!
Old 11-25-2005, 10:57 AM   #3
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

I guarantee if it was possible for the NFL to use a computer to determine the correct call every time they would take out challenging too
Old 11-25-2005, 11:04 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Well here is the thing with challenges. The A.I doesn't get the call right even without the challenge. Maybe they set it up for next year already I don't know, but I have played countless games where a guy only has 1 foot in and they say he caught it. Although this is not something that is challengeable, I have gotten several roughing the passer penalty's, blow to the head, when my guy was already airborne and the QB had just started throwing the ball. Here is the thing, I hit the QB in the legs and I get blow to the head roughing the passer penalty I've seen RB's get stopped well short of the first down marker and they give it to him. Guys get 1 foot in the endzone and the other out and it's a TD. QB'sarm moving forward, but it's still a fumble. QB arm not moving forward and it's not a fumble just whistle is blown and the play is dead.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:05 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks69
I may be in the minority but the one that bothers me the most is not being able to challenge a play. This is not really a feature but an important NFL rule.
Actually, all that takes is a change in perspective. The in-game challenges feature in any sports game is a contrivance. It’s not real. Situations are pre-programmed into the game, and it becomes up to you to spot the contrivance and push the requisite buttons before the other team snaps the ball. It’s like a monkey reaching for banana every time his tummy grumbles, except you don’t even have control over your tummy – the game program does. In other words, the game is playing you at that point.

In other words, I never play with challenges on – always shut them off. I also turn off penalties, because no stupid lineman in my game is going to auto-stand up like a complete moron and draw an illegal procedure penalty. If I lose the game, it’s going to be because I didn’t pass or run well, and not because some programmer programmed the virtual football players to act like dummies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2005, 11:06 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

Some of the missing features really bugged me at first, but this game is growing on me as time passes. I think it's a great blueprint for what is to come. I mean, if they just added back in all the features they had in the regular xbox version, this would rock the ****ing house. But I didn't expect them. I expected a stripped down game. They didn't tell us we would get anything else. All I can say is that I'm really looking forward to Madden '07, in large part due to what I have seen with this game so far.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:35 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by doseyclwn
Some of the missing features really bugged me at first, but this game is growing on me as time passes. I think it's a great blueprint for what is to come. I mean, if they just added back in all the features they had in the regular xbox version, this would rock the ****ing house. But I didn't expect them. I expected a stripped down game. They didn't tell us we would get anything else. All I can say is that I'm really looking forward to Madden '07, in large part due to what I have seen with this game so far.

I would much rather hear that it is a good foundation to work with for next-gen than hear that we have 15 new features, 4 of which I might use by accident

- Romans 8:2
Old 11-25-2005, 12:23 PM   #8
Pro

Wilk5280's Arena

OVR: 11

Why do people come on these boards after purchasing the game and complain about the features that were left out. It was CLEAR prior to the game ever hitting store shelves what was in and what was out of this edition of Madden 06.

For the people who purchased the game and are just now bitching about the lack of some of the features, I have no sympathy for you. The info was readily available prior to you purchasing the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »