Home

Out with the old, IN WITH THE OLD!

This is a discussion on Out with the old, IN WITH THE OLD! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2005, 09:02 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Out with the old, IN WITH THE OLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas7399
Wow, this doesnt sound good for future versions of the game...
dont worry, this is a bootleg version of madden, it is just promoting the hot *** graphics, madden 07 will be a different story, everything will change
Old 12-04-2005, 09:04 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 12

Well I have the game, and the OP is right. It is old.

Couple major complaints that people that like Madden for the sake of liking Madden seem to ignore. Not in any specfic order...

1) Fumbles that are clearly not fumbles. IE.. When the Qbs arm is moving foward and a lineman hits him, most time its a fumble.

2) Balls passing right through the bodies of other players. Ever see a play you wonder how in the heck they caught the ball cuz it should have been knocked down? Watch the replay and you will see the ball go physically through the defender and the reciever magically catches the ball

3)Running game is horrid. It all boils down to can you get to the outside. Thats obvious, if you can hit the outside, its a huge gain.

4)Suction blocking is outrageous. Watch the comp do a sweep to either side, your players can have a great pursuit angle to take him down, yet you can watch the comp take your defenders and watch them get sucked into a blocker that isnt even in the play. Therefor a 4 yrd loss or so, turns into a 10 yrd gain.

5)The announcer some times is flat out wrong. He can say something like " McNabb drops back, throws...he catches it....but his feet are out of bounds" Yet on the play call screen you notice they scored anyways.

6)Cut scenes after ever play is overdoing it. No way around it. It was done well in the reg versions, but after every single play is not necessary.

7) Presentation- There is none. Players run out of tunnel that doesnt even exsist, no names called, coin toss gone, some generic tecmo bowl flipping coin screen follows, no half time anything, player of the game is presented by immediatly cutting all audio in the game to show a generic player card of the player.

8)Momentum is way out of control. Your guy can catch a hook pattern,but will run 5-7 yrds back down field after he catches it. Sideline routes are the same, if you cant catch the ball before the hash mark, you may as well plan on him going out of bounds.

9)Stiff arms dont work the majority of the time. The RB wont even put his hand up half the time you hit the trigger. What I did notice is that when I stopped worrying about stiff arms and spins, that occasionally I would spin or stiff arm, and never had pressed a button

10)When blockers are engaged, you can watch replays and watch the RB run right through them. No Im not talking about truck sticking, Im talking about physically running through the players.

In this post, never has a word been mentioned about another fball game, so you can spare the I am a < insert rival fball game name > fanboy in it. Also no mention of features that were left out. These are just a few of the glaring issues that make this one of the worst iteration of football games released to date compared to recent football title releases.

I was wondering why the majority of all of our returns were Madden 360 and Tony Hawk for the trade in 2 for 1 deal we have running for trade ins. Now I know why.

There are huge , glaring issues presented in this version of football, that have not been there over the course of many years. This was a huge letdown and set back for the entire football community, doesnt matter which side of the fence you were on.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:14 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gredd842005
dont worry, this is a bootleg version of madden, it is just promoting the hot *** graphics, madden 07 will be a different story, everything will change
If EA expects people to believe they will make great strides next year then they shouldn't put out mediocre upgrades the previous year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2005, 01:46 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
You have some valid points, but you still make me scratch my head. For one, I think the new kick meter makes MUCH more sense, although I don't think it's sensitive enough (still to easy to make field goals).
Fair enough. I conceded to each one's own preferences. I just said it was dumb from my standpoint.

Quote:
As far as your speed bust comment goes, how am I supposed to take any of your complains seriously when you've played one game, and haven't read the instruction booklet to learn that the button has been moved. Hell, you could have just paused the game and looked at the controls. It might just be me, but typically, when I play a new game, I like to learn what the buttons do... Moving the burst to the R-trigger, by the way, was for the better, as it gives the player much more control on just how much speed boost he wants to give to his runner.
You don't have to take me seriously. Madden ISN'T a new kind of football game. If you have played all interations of Madden and played the 360 version you don't need much schooling. I stated my reasons of what I thought of the change of the speed burst button. And as I stated initially, I was in EB so there were no instruction booklets. I just jumped in to see what the game was about. It seems from my impression that EA just changed things to be changing them without real thought. That was my point.

Quote:
And the camera complaint? It doesn't transition to the panoramic view right? That just sounds like nitpicking to me...
It's not nit picking. How would you like to be presented with a football game on TV and after a first down the screen just flickers to the tunnel of that football stadium? No transition to it whatsoever. Why is this? Well it happens in Madden 360 and I just felt it was just to show off what they did with the artwork. Again, I say they are not in touch with the sport.

Quote:
Anyway, to each his own, but dude, you played one game at EB, and half of your complaints consist of a kick meter you haven't given a chance, a camera angle that doesn't affect gameplay, and controls you don't know because you've never played the game before...
See above. If you played Madden before then you don't need much schooling. I am not one of the new generation of gamers who have no clue of how a football game should be played.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:44 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 8

I just traded in my copy of madden for PGR3. I wanted to love it but its just too sloppy,something just doesnt feel right. Needless to say Im very disappointed, but I think 2007 is going to be awesome. Hopefully they put the ESPN presentation to good use and clean up the AI and let us have alternate uniforms again.
WASHINGTONWIZARDS
MICHIGANWOLVERINES
Old 12-05-2005, 09:48 AM   #54
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD2240
I just traded in my copy of madden for PGR3. I wanted to love it but its just too sloppy,something just doesnt feel right. Needless to say Im very disappointed, but I think 2007 is going to be awesome. Hopefully they put the ESPN presentation to good use and clean up the AI and let us have alternate uniforms again.
There's one thing I can't understand. Why is it that every review I read for the Xbox360 talks about features ADDED to next-gen games, except for all the EA games that remove features? Was EA the ONLY company to receive their dev kits late? How did every other company have the resources to add features, but EA didn't? Is this so Madden 07 can be marketed as basically Madden06 360 but with all the old features like create-a-player?
Old 12-05-2005, 01:38 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkerots
Is this so Madden 07 can be marketed as basically Madden06 360 but with all the old features like create-a-player?
Uh-huh...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2005, 02:58 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 3

I am one that agrees that it's shameful that EA left out features in this game. I just worry the emphasis on features for next year takes away a priority for EA to actually fix their crappy game engine and hunchback player models.

The physics in this game are horrible, there are not enough animations, and the presentation is pathetic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »