Home

With all the complaints of Madden and the x360 sytem problems:

This is a discussion on With all the complaints of Madden and the x360 sytem problems: within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2005, 09:17 AM   #25
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: With all the complaints of Madden and the x360 sytem problems:

well on 1up.com, supposedly people from Sony were told to leak this information to bad mouth Xbox like there were problems, when there were really not!
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2005, 05:17 PM   #26
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I've also playe mine a LOT. Well ventilated area etc..

NO PROBLEMS AT ALL..
Old 11-30-2005, 08:26 PM   #27
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
I really dont know where your coming from. Buy the system and pay $40 for a warranty.
It's actually $59.90 for the 2 year extended warranty.

And 360's are overheating because idiots are putting them in closed entertainment centers with no ventilation, and placing the power supply right next to the 360 to boot.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:01 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
It's actually $59.90 for the 2 year extended warranty.

And 360's are overheating because idiots are putting them in closed entertainment centers with no ventilation, and placing the power supply right next to the 360 to boot.

Exactly. And if you let the internet be your guide as to what is reality then you are sadly mistaken because on the internet the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Or in other words there may be 3 million Xbox 360's out there but you are not going to hear from 2,998,500 people who's 360's work just fine, you will hear from the 1,500 people making 14,000 posts about how the Xbox 360 has "tons of problems". This is also true in general of games. From reading forums like OS after a new game comes out you may get the impression that a bunch of drunk monkeys programmed the games and none of them are worth buying with all the "glitches" and "errors" and outright "outrageous mistakes" in the programming but again it's all because the people who have issues, legit or not, are the ones who bark the loudest while the other 97% who don't have any issues are probably away playing and if they are on the forums they are simply reading about others complaints and not posting.

Myself and my friends who have the 360 have played them nearly nonstop since launch day and none of us have had any freezes, glitches, lockups, etc. I'm sure there are some people who simply have defective units but as VanillaGorilla says probably alot of the people having issues are just morons who aren't taking proper care of their Xboxs and have them in poorly ventilated areas. USA Today reported today that despite the perception the Xbox 360 currently has less than a 3% failure rate which is the "average" for electronics failure. Now...move along...nothing to see here

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 11-30-2005 at 11:05 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:33 AM   #29
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Exactly. And if you let the internet be your guide as to what is reality then you are sadly mistaken because on the internet the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Or in other words there may be 3 million Xbox 360's out there but you are not going to hear from 2,998,500 people who's 360's work just fine, you will hear from the 1,500 people making 14,000 posts about how the Xbox 360 has "tons of problems". This is also true in general of games. From reading forums like OS after a new game comes out you may get the impression that a bunch of drunk monkeys programmed the games and none of them are worth buying with all the "glitches" and "errors" and outright "outrageous mistakes" in the programming but again it's all because the people who have issues, legit or not, are the ones who bark the loudest while the other 97% who don't have any issues are probably away playing and if they are on the forums they are simply reading about others complaints and not posting.

Myself and my friends who have the 360 have played them nearly nonstop since launch day and none of us have had any freezes, glitches, lockups, etc. I'm sure there are some people who simply have defective units but as VanillaGorilla says probably alot of the people having issues are just morons who aren't taking proper care of their Xboxs and have them in poorly ventilated areas. USA Today reported today that despite the perception the Xbox 360 currently has less than a 3% failure rate which is the "average" for electronics failure. Now...move along...nothing to see here
Very well said... touche

Old 12-01-2005, 03:32 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't really think ventilation is the problem really. If you look at the main hardware problems that PCs have today which causes freezing in games or windows it's a big mix of things but some of the most common are:

- Faulty/unstable RAM-blocks (for some reason these things break easy or they have a very high degree of faults coming out of the factories)

- Faulty/unstable power supplies (I would about 70% of the PSU market is basically junk. Even branded PSUs from different manufacturers have a very low quality. You have to be really picky about which one to get).

- CPU (a billion things can be wrong with those)

- Chipset (millions of things)

- various gfx cards, sound cards etc etc (1 gazillion things like faulty ram blocks on those can be faulty).

I've already read different tech magazines criticizing MS choice of PSU for the xbox 360 as it pretty much a hit and miss situation with that type. One magazine tested 10 360s of which 4 had a faulty PSU which caused freezing and stuttering at times. Could have been coincidence but 4/10 is not good enough.

On top of that you could also have tons of software errors, which increase the chance of a hardware failure. So badly coded games/applications could easily cause lockups on machines that are borderline to having faulty hardware.

It's hard to point your finger at just one single reason to why freezes and lockups happen. Which is why some companies do months and months of burn in tests on hardware on production ready hardware. I wonder if MS rushed the release for christmas and skipped a bit of the hard core burn in tests or if EA is just delivering sloppy code again.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:20 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
you will hear from the 1,500 people making 14,000 posts about how the Xbox 360 has "tons of problems".
Very true..ALSO you have to factor in that a portion of those 1,500 people dont even own the system. You have to take into account the "haters" and the "make myself feel better" people too. You know those people lol..we all do... its those people who deep down inside wanted an Xbox 360 at launch but couldnt get it for whatever reason (no money, didnt bother to pre-order, etc) so to make themselves feel better about NOT having one they find one article or post about someone who's having problems and wanna spread that to all the owners as to make us regret getting one so it makes THEM feel better about not having one. There are people like that at my job. This one guy was like "oh man I should have pre ordered..ive been trying to get my hands on a reserve before they launch and no luck!"...so then of course it launches, he doesnt have one, there are like 4 of us that do and the first thing he does is finds an article and emails it out to us at work...then every article he can find thats negative about the 360 he sends it to us. It makes him look sad.

I said it before and I will say it again..you have people who call themselves true die hard gamers..and they back it up by hitting the sytems launches, staying informed, etc.. then you have those people who "claim" to be true die hard gamers...but when its system launch time they are like "nah man..im gonna wait for the PS3"...then when its launch time for the PS3 they are like "nah man..i think im gonna wait for the Nintendo Revolution"...they crack me up. Now Im not talkinga bout the people who simply dont have the cash to drop on a 400.00 system at launch..im talking about all those other people who talk all kinds of smack, claim to be true gamers, could have got the systems if they really wanted to but didnt. Im sorry...to me all the Die Hard gamers I know are the ones who do the pre-orders (or at least those who can afford to..like I said, this aint about the ones who cant afford it)...they are the ones who when you go into thier room there is a PS2, an Xbox, a 360, a PS3, a Revolution, etc.

My momma always told me...some people "do"..and some people "dont"..and some people who "dont" could have "done" but they would rather not and just sit back and be a *****.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2005, 05:12 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

What did it look like when it froze. And i got to think it would be the coding in the game or it would happen all the time if it were the system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »